• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlanetSide 2 Closed Beta Hits PS4 January 20th (Signup link inside!)

Pastry

Banned
Played for about 30 minutes yesterday, that's enough for me.

I'll wait till release and give it another shot. Only reason I quit playing was cause the framerate is horrible in crowded areas.

I would have played for you :/

It's a closed beta test. You're supposed to testing the game, not leaving because there is problems. The whole point is find the problems so the devs can fix them. This isn't a "let's try it and quit demo." It's an actual beta test. If you weren't going to do that, you should have given your code to someone else.

Yeah and most people don't even bother to provide the feedback on the issues they had. I try to play a bunch and actually leave notes so the final game is better if I have any interest in it whatsoever. The one game that didn't actually yield fruit for was Homefront... still hurts.

Yeah and most people don't even bother to provide the feedback on the issues they had. I try to play a bunch and actually leave notes so the final game is better if I have any interest in it whatsoever. The one game that didn't actually yield fruit for was Homefront... still hurts.

This is why I hate people like Pop. There's so few keys out right now and so many people who would love to play, test and give feedback it comes across as a real asshole move to sign up for a code, play for 30 minutes, say "I can't stand the problems with this game" when it is in beta, and not play again til release.

I'm just having the best of times. They see my magridin' they hatin'.

10623882_10205144823275728_4323814098203073599_o.jpg

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I got a key, if I don't end of playing it then I will give it to someone in the thread.

Played the PC version for a year, did have some fun although I haven't played it too much since they introduced the implants system.

I am updating the PC version currently to see if this will grab me enough to try it on the PS4 and to be able to give some sort of valuable feedback to SOE.

Pastry

Banned
I got a key, if I don't end of playing it then I will give it to someone in the thread.

Played the PC version for a year, did have some fun although I haven't played it too much since they introduced the implants system.

I am updating the PC version currently to see if this will grab me enough to try it on the PS4 and to be able to give some sort of valuable feedback to SOE.

Me? Pretty please :D if you don't want it.

I've always loved your posts, you know that right =]!

redhot_

Feel like I'm fighting the battles solo, no one on NC follows the objectives.

Edit: also I'm pretty sure you can make that sliding glitch happen, Iv been getting killed by the same 2 guys doing it.

Pop

This is why I hate people like Pop. There's so few keys out right now and so many people who would love to play, test and give feedback it comes across as a real asshole move to sign up for a code, play for 30 minutes, say "I can't stand the problems with this game" when it is in beta, and not play again til release.

You sound young so I'll let you off the hook. No need to hate people over a fucking beta.

Here's the bugs everyone else will experience:
-Sub 20 fps
-Screen tearing

Not going to get out a notepad and jog down every time sprint doesn't work. Should have been an open beta anyway.

I would actually join there sub-reddit and give them a list on every bug I find if I got a code, I never win access to any closed betas, The Tomorrow Children beta still hurts me, I even did the drawing contest sigh...

MMaRsu

Banned

Hey man do you still have that key? Ive been having a rough week and this would kinda make me feel better.

Grinchy

Banned
Been watching streams today and man is there a lot of screen tearing.

I opened a stream earlier and saw a lot of screen tearing too. But what's weird is I don't remember seeing any while I was playing. Maybe it's an effect of streaming at a certain framerate and playing a game with a framerate that fluctuates wildly? I have no idea.

redhot_

I opened a stream earlier and saw a lot of screen tearing too. But what's weird is I don't remember seeing any while I was playing. Maybe it's an effect of streaming at a certain framerate and playing a game with a framerate that fluctuates wildly? I have no idea.

When you zoom in or ads the tearing is bad.

EGOMON

The NC is steamrolling Muwahaha, 3/4 of the map is under our control :D

f5umssro1xcl.jpg

Also i came a cross a spectacle galaxy suicide bombing lol the Terran are mad they send like 5 galaxies and started falling into the battlefield like a freakin meteorites

eowb2kx525s5.jpg

Man that was ton of fun the 3 factions are currently fighting over the last Terran stronghold in the middle of the map i gotta gave it to them they are resilient us from the west and the Vanu from the east and till now they are holding it

Pastry

Banned

f5umssro1xcl.jpg

Also i came a cross a spectacle galaxy suicide bombing lol the Terran are mad they send like 5 galaxies and started falling into the battlefield like a freakin meteorites

eowb2kx525s5.jpg

Man that was ton of fun the 3 faction were fighting over the last Terran stronghold in the middle of the map i gotta gave it to them they are resilient us from the west and the Vanu from the east and till now they are holding it

I want to play so bad :(

I was super interested in playing the first one but I've never had a capable PC.

f5umssro1xcl.jpg

eowb2kx525s5.jpg

Man that was ton of fun the 3 factions are currently fighting over the last Terran stronghold in the middle of the map i gotta gave it to them they are resilient us from the west and the Vanu from the east and till now they are holding it

Hey you caught our galaxy bombing! We (my outfit: RMA) were actually doing that for lolz. Galaxy bombing is a fun as hell thing to do in Planetside. Basically for TR that entire time the only fight was at Sierra outpost so we just stayed where the killing was good and easy.

EGOMON

Hey you caught our galaxy bombing! We (my outfit: RMA) were actually doing that for lolz. Galaxy bombing is a fun as hell thing to do in Planetside. Basically for TR that entire time the only fight was at Sierra outpost so we just stayed where the killing was good and easy.

lol yeah that was insane i tried going in foot but couldn't get in you guys were looking down the post there so i deployed a lighting and start patrolling around killing everyone outside

Rafterman

Banned
You sound young so I'll let you off the hook. No need to hate people over a fucking beta.

Here's the bugs everyone else will experience:
-Sub 20 fps
-Screen tearing

Not going to get out a notepad and jog down every time sprint doesn't work. Should have been an open beta anyway.

There will be an open beta, but this one is for testing, thus closed...like it should be. He's right, you wasted a key because you didn't understand what a real beta test is. Open betas are glorified demos, which is what you probably should have waited for.

Cronnie

Any spare codes?, wonder if my PS+ Lapsing had anything to do with it :/

Not really sure, I'm not too sure about the whole chronological order of sending the keys out though, I signed up a few weeks before a buddy of mine and he got his key this week, I haven't got anything unfortunately.

gl0w

This is so BS... So they advertised people to sign for a beta in December, but they are sending emails to people on the newsletter from January 2014? Meaning we probably never got a chance

Top Bottom