• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 05/08/08

tanod

when is my burrito
gafbanner080508.jpg

Thanks to Goldrusher for the custom banner and for help on the lists. Goldrusher went way beyond the call of duty this week and hooked me up with some cool headings. Thanks a lot! *bows*

001_announcements.gif

-Sorry for the thread delay Europe. It should have been up on Tuesday. I've had grad school finals this week but now I'm done with school forever. F* YEAH!
-GTAIV received an update to 1.01 to fix some network connection issues.
-Rock Band price promotion: “CrushCrushCrush” - Paramore and “Rock N Roll Band” - Boston are reduced to $0.99 until May 15th. That's 1 week!

002_thisweek.gif

003_north.gif

-North America content is up.

Games/Demos:
-Bourne Conspiracy demo
-Haze demo
-Race Driver: GRID demo
-SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 (PSP) demo

DLC:
-Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Muse Track Pack - $6.25
-PixelJunk Monsters Encore expansion (15 new levels and more) - $5.99

Rock Band tracks - $1.99 each or $5.49 for the pack:
-Angels & Airwaves - “It Hurts” (master)
-Fallout Boy - “This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race” (master)
-Yeah Yeah Yeahs - “Date With The Night” (master)

Trailers:
-Mercenaries 2 - "Payback"
-Mirror’s Edge - "Gameplay"
-Overlord Raising Hell
-Playstation 3 - “What You Need"
-The Wheelman
-TNA iMPACT! - "Gamers’ Day"
-WipEout HD - "Trailer 2"

Other:
-PixelJunk Monsters theme 3
-Sports theme
-PixelJunk Monsters wallpapers (x2)

003_uk.gif

-Europe content is up now.

Games/Demos:
-High Velocity Bowling - €7.99 / £4.99
-Street Skater (PS1) - €4.99 / £3.49
-Bourne Conspiracy demo
-Condemned 2 demo
-Haze demo
-Race Driver: GRID demo

DLC:
-Army of Two - Map Pack - €5.99
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research expansion- €7,99 / £4.99
-Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Def Leppard Track Pack - €5.99
-Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Muse Track Pack - €5.99
-High Velocity Bowling - Character Add-on - Mike - €0.99 / £ 0.69

Trailers:
-Buzz! Quiz TV
-Echochrome - "Apple"
-MotorStorm - "Is Back"
-Playstation Day - "Play Compilation"
-Playstation Day - "Press Conference"
-PlayStation Network - PlayStation Day Showcase
-Secret Agent Clank (PSP)
-Siren Blood Curse

003_japan.gif

-Japanese content is up now.

Games/Demos:
-Haze demo

Trailers:
-Rainbow Six Vegas 2

004_upcoming.gif

-HOME - Closed Beta Expansion (Summer 2008)
-HOME - Official Release (Fall 2008)

Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Echochrome
-PixelJunk Monsters Encore
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
-Toy Home Expansion - 2nd Gear

May
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed - $10
-Elefunk
-Fatal Inertia EX - $30
-Rocketmen: It Came From Uranus - $4.99
-The Last Guy
-Wipeout HD
September
-SOCOM: Confrontation (9/16)
Other 2008 games
-1942: Joint Strike
-Commando 3
-Dark Mist
-EyeCreate 2 (July)
-FLOWER (July)
-Kart Attack
-Novastrike
-PixelJunk Dungeons (releasing after Eden)
-PixelJunk Eden
-Plunder
-PowerUp Forever
-Rat Race
-Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (July)
-Siren: New Estatement (July)
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
-Unnamed game show games - one possible example: Deal or No Deal

Unreleased PS1 games rated by the ESRB (US)
-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
-Castlevania Chronicles
-Pandemonium
-Rayman
-Street Fighter Alpha
-Suikoden
-Super Buster Brothers Collection
-Wipeout XL

Unreleased PS1 games rated by the PEGI (Europe)
-Bust a Groove
-Crash Bandicoot 3
-Colony Wars
-Cool Boarders 2
-Cool boarders 3
-Destruction Derby 2
-Devil Dice
-Everybody's Golf
-Klonoa
-Kurushi Final
-Motor Toon Grand Prix
-Namco Museum 1
-Namco Museum 2
-Namco Museum 4
-Omega Boost
-Ridge Racer
-Ridge Racer Type 4
-Rollcage
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon
-Tekken 2
-Tekken 3
-Twisted Metal
-Vib Ribbon
-Wip3out
-WipeOut 2097

005_foreign.gif

003_uk.gif

-Everybody's Golf 5 demo
-About 15-20 themes (some exclusive to the UK)

003_hongkong.gif

-Lair demo

003_japan.gif

-Current Japanese PS1 game list - ¥600 each
-Dark Mist - ¥800
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Armored Core: For Answer demo
-Battle Fantasia demo
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-Siren: New Translation demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Yakuza 3 demos (2 of them)
-A couple of themes

007_japanaccount.gif

Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

sbn7du.jpg

Thanks to Zoe for translating for the photo.

006_previous.gif

05/01/08 (Echochrome game; Dark Sector demo; Karaoke Revolution and RB DLC)
04/24/08 (R-Types (PS1) game; Echochrome and Iron Man demos; Army of Two, COD4, EoJ, GH3, Karaoke Revolutions and RB DLC)
04/17/08 (Gran Turismo 5: Prologue game; Metal Gear Online beta and UEFA 2008 demo; LAIR, SSHD, WarHawk and RB DLC)
2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

009_firmwares.gif
(All contain BC updates)
04/14/08 - 2.30 (PS Store revamped, DTS-HD-MA and DTS-HD audio codec support added)
03/24/08 - 2.20 (Blu-Ray profile 2.0 support, DVD/BD resume play, browser improved, DIVX support enhanced, PSP/PS3 remote play and connectivity enhanced)
03/12/08 - 2.17 (Stability for online gaming improved)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

008_other.gif

-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The Official m0dus PS3 theme thread.
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

stawnkald

I like the flags. :lol And the banner again is great, it took me a couple hard looks to find them!

This is actually the first week in a while I'm not getting anything Rock Band related...I want the Muse pack for GH3.

Do we get the GRID demo today too, like 360? Well, if it's coming to Europe it doesn't matter if we get it in the US or not.

h3ro

stawnkald said:
Do we get the GRID demo today too, like 360? Well, if it's coming to Europe it doesn't matter if we get it in the US or nto.

Yep, its going up today...

Tntnnbltn

Been waiting for this thread. :)

Downloaded Blast Factor: Advanced Research add-on from the Australian store on Tuesday. Noticed this as soon as I started the game:

2nhknkn.jpg

2v9q05v.jpg

It only appears during the loading screen, but nevertheless, how strange.

I wonder if that build date means the version I have was actually completed 21 July 2007? If so, what was the hold-up?

Wollan

There's like 8-10 PlayStation.Day Conference videos up on EU store now.

They all link to Iron_Man.mp4 so wait a while for the Store guys to have all the content and links up correctly.

PS! Love the new layout.

careksims

Haha very clever! At first I thought it was them at one part and then I saw them! Beautiful. Yeah I like the new layout as well and I'll be checking out what's in the PSDay Euro store (already got the Haze demo).

Jim said:
Stuff like Rayman, Street Fighter Alpha and Castlevania Chronicles have been listed for a while and are definitely coming. But not sure when.

i say Street Fighter Alpha will hit around the same time or early before SSF2THD hits. That's how sony rolls.

Wollan

Posted by SolidSnakeX earlier in another thread, more appropriate here I guess (Home stuff):

EU press to join Beta said:
Speaking to Daniel Hill at PlayStation Day we managed to gather a few tidbits of info about Home and where it's headed. Hill reiterated that the open beta will be happening this Autumn. He also added that the closed beta will be "extended" in July to include more gamers as well as, for the first time, European press.
Game spaces this month said:
Game spaces are slightly lower on the list of priorities, but not forgotten. Some are being shown off later this month to beta members and Hill stated that what he had seen of them is "really impressive." Game launching has extended beyond Warhawk to MotorStorm now, and this feature was demonstrated on the show floor at PlayStation Day. The feature allows you to select your option preferences, including track and number of laps, within Home. This allows you to almost immediately jump straight into the gameplay, rather than into another menu.
Bitmap Trophies within XMB said:
Hill also confirmed to us that trophies will be available in the XMB. "They have to be," he said. There's no word on when that will happen, but a 2D representation of your trophy list will be visible via the XMB at some point in the future.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/08/home-game-spaces-being-shown-off-later-this-month/

motorstorm-home-playstation-day-game-launching425.jpg

Trevelyon

Weird, weird, weird.

In the AUS/EURO store every time I try grab the Sony Gamer's day vids, I keep getting referred to the Iron Man SD trailer.

o_O

Issun23

Trevelyon said:
Weird, weird, weird.

In the AUS/EURO store every time I try grab the Sony Gamer's day vids, I keep getting referred to the Iron Man SD trailer.

o_O

Either a conspiracy or they made a mistake and links point to the wrong content.
It's probably a conspiracy though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
KeiichiInafune said:
The ESRB just updated their ratings list and Suikoden is listed for PSP and PS3 with SCEA publishing it. I wonder if it will be a surprise release today. :D

On that note the ESRB has had this fairly recent rating:

Red Baron Arcade Vivendi Games Teen Violence Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

From what I understand this is going to be the first PSN game from Sierra Online, not the most impressive start.

Wollan said:
Nice.

Looks like each game will have a different set of options to make it easier to game launch. hope they patch it where when you exit the game it goes back to the area you are in rather than the beginning of the HOME Beta. ;o

Game spaces are slightly lower on the list of priorities, but not forgotten. Some are being shown off later this month to beta members and Hill stated that what he had seen of them is "really impressive." Game launching has extended beyond Warhawk to MotorStorm now, and this feature was demonstrated on the show floor at PlayStation Day

YES! :D I get to see it! Woot!

angelfly

Really like the new format. Great work as always Tanod and Goldrusher. As for the banner I think I see it but may just be looking too hard
top of the column on the right

As for the the JP and HK stores:

HK:
Dark Mist themes - not free just like the the ones on the Japanese store
Blue Breaker Burst (PS1)
Wai Wai Kart (PS1)
Wai Wai Kusakayakyu (PS1)
Block Kuzushi (PS1)
DBZ Burst Limit promo video

JP:
Haze demo
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 promo video

Looks like NA will be seeing the best update today especially if Suikoden goes up.

FirewalkR

I think I see the wrestlers in the
top of the rightmost column
. Am I just seeing things or are they really back? :D

Wollan said:
Posted by SolidSnakeX earlier in another thread, more appropriate here I guess (Home stuff):

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/08/home-game-spaces-being-shown-off-later-this-month/

motorstorm-home-playstation-day-game-launching425.jpg

Hopefully the trophy things will be visible in the XMB before Home reaches its full release (perhaps at the same time as the open beta). I think the infrastructure should all be in place as early as possible; Sony should absolutely not hold trophies, accomplishments, cross-game invites, etc. back until the Home release.

Tntnnbltn

angelfly said:
Looks like NA will be seeing the best update today especially if Suikoden goes up.
Looks like SCEA gets its own hype train this week. Usually it only stops
/derails
in Europe.

Goldrusher

FirewalkR said:
I think I see the wrestlers in the
top of the rightmost column
. Am I just seeing things or are they really back? :D

That's where they are...
And what do you mean by "back" ? Last week, things were different, but one of the wrestlers was there.

sajj316

I downloaded the EU Haze demo and actually like it. Going to download the US demo and see if there are any visible differences. Race Driver looks interesting but I have both Forza 2 and GT5 Prologue. Does it bring anything different to the table?

Top Bottom