• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seems like Quantum Break might be running at 720p on Xbox One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewieP

Will be interesting to compare to the inevitable PC port, although I think this looks like another game that requires a sofa to function.

If the game is 720, 900 or 1080pr I'm still buying it on Day One.

I have been floored by what I've seen in the gameplay videos so far and it looks great as it is.

In saying that, I would be very very surprised if this game was 720, though stranger things have happened.

Kezen

Banned
I don't think we can derive much from that. It's common for some elements to run at a lower resolution than the screen resolution.
Misleading thread title, do you seriously believe MS would be okay with that ? No, of course not.

Floex

They really did blow it with this console didn't they if tha's the case.

I'm sure next time round Microsoft will get it right and harsh lessons have be learnt going forward.

I find that very hard to believe that an exclusive game, only developed for one console doesn't make at least 900p on the Xbox One.

But I also didn't know Alan Wake was 540p on the XBox 360.

Kikorin

Nah, I think it will be 900p. Anyway I'll buy it at dayone even if will be 720 or lower, so I don't care.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
WGcQQwq.jpg

I'd interpret that as the game running at 720p for the purpose of this benchmark, since I am not aware that AO is being calculated on special, low-resolution buffers. However, the fact that these benchmark figures are based on a resolution of 720p is not strong evidence that the final game will be at 720p. I wouldn't put to much importance on that.

Genio88

When it is about Quantum Break it could be even 480p but i'm gonna but it on day one either, but that said i believe the game will hit at least 900p, in Remedy i believe

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if you actually look at the slide, it seems pretty obvious that they're talking about the buffer for screen space reflections; the 'final image' below it is clearly higher resolution:

Iv3l6mn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom