• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error is in an “Unacceptable” State on Xbox Series S Due to its Weaker Hardware, Developer Says

Kakax11

Banned
This dev needs to stay quite about his game's performance

right now he's telling Xbox fans to not buy it and they won't bother buying it on PS5/PC all together, just release it and mention the loading screens and say "deal with it"

you can blame AMD later for the small CPU cache

MarkMe2525

Multiple developers have expressed displeasure and multiple fanboys have been in denial.
Well you have one side of "multiple fanboys" who reads negative reports from "multiple developers" (like 10 so .001% of the workforce that works on Xbox titles) and extrapolates from there to make claims like Series S is trash, and the XSX holds back the generation. Then you have the other side of "multiple fanboys" that flat out denies that XSX could be the source of any troubles for any developer. As always, the conversation is more nuanced than that.

The common denominator is both sides are mostly full of it. People who constantly are in threads to shitposts (surprise!!) are going to find themselves receiving shitpost replies.

TheGrat1

This is the game that was talked about even before the consoles came out, right? I think it's just the dev trying to rile up console warring to make their game more visible.
Seriously. Isn't this a corridor shooter? And it looked terrible in the gameplay they uploaded a month ago.

Darsxx82

Seems like it’s in an unacceptable state on PS5

Imagine being a Studio that uses console war as a weapon to promote your own game with the promise that it will be a technological and playable benchmark because it is based on a specific platform and ........ well, imagine screwing up so much that you forever damage your reputation as a Studio and earn the animosity of a gaming community along the way.

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Anyone following this game knew exactly what they were doing to get exposure, and that the game would likely be hot garbage.

Imagine being a Studio that uses console war as a weapon to promote your own game with the promise that it will be a technological and playable benchmark because it is based on a specific platform and ........ well, imagine screwing up so much that you forever damage your reputation as a Studio and earn the animosity of a gaming community along the way.

I really don't think more than a handful of people actually cared about playing the game. It was always just a game referred to for the reason we all know.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

The worst part, fanboys were using this game as evidence...quoting the devs etc to win fanboy arguments. What a mess.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Damn that Series S.
jessie-pinkman-breaking-bad.gif

Portugeezer

Hey! That’s not a part of the marketing strategy!
To be fair, they rode the pre-console release wave pretty well; they were one of the first games to be talked about as a PS5 game and got some clout for it.

But the gameplay always looked like doodoo, I didn't know it was made by 4 guys, too much ambition for a small team.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
To be fair, they rode the pre-console release wave pretty well; they were one of the first games to be talked about as a PS5 game and got some clout for it.

But the gameplay always looked like doodoo, I didn't know it was made by 4 guys, too much ambition for a small team.
it-doesnt-matter-no-matter.gif

It doesn’t matter if it 1, 4, 10, or 400! You come for the king, you best not miss.
-Phil Spencer, CEO of Gaming

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
it-doesnt-matter-no-matter.gif

It doesn’t matter if it 1, 4, 10, or 400! You come for the king, you best not miss.
-Phil Spencer CEO of Gaming

This game was designed around the power of the PS5's SSD, per the developers.

ZlCNoCe.png

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Form the gameplay video I watched (if only for like 30 seconds), the levels look poorly designed, mainly because they look like they're big open empty areas.

So not real sure how the XSS is struggling with this game.

This game was designed around the power of the PS5's SSD, per the developers.
The Greatest Showman Lol GIF by Sky

This game?

-----------

I don't enjoy incessantly degrading things in general, but the game looks absolutely horrible. It looks like a student project prototype brought to market. It looks like two separate games merged together that does neither any favors.

I could understand something like Baldur's Gate being very resource intensive with all the math it has to do behind the scenes or Remedy's issues with the S or the any other reasonable takes I've read from other devs about the Series S. This seems like they are using that as an excuse for the game in general hoping to assuage other criticisms.

Last edited:
These devs decided to use console wars to hype up their game which they must have known was going to be gash, in an attempt to get some warriors to preorder it.
It was always going to turn out like this. I feel bad for them for how much money they will likely loose on this venture I don't wish hardship on anyone. Hopefully in future they will choose a different path.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
These devs decided to use console wars to hype up their game which they must have known was going to be gash, in an attempt to get some warriors to preorder it.
It was always going to turn out like this. I feel bad for them for how much money they will likely loose on this venture I don't wish hardship on anyone. Hopefully in future they will choose a different path.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This game always had the words hot garbage written all over it. Their way of promoting it, pretty much everything was a huge red flag. i expect them to go mental on social media once more bad reviews expose this game for what it really is.

Tsaki

This is the game that was talked about even before the consoles came out, right? I think it's just the dev trying to rile up console warring to make their game more visible.
Yup like I said the game reeked since 2020. Using console warring to make a name for themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if the "We made our money back already through pre-orders" is a straight up lie as well, to make it seem like "it's actually a success, might as well try it out"

Last edited:

Z O N E

Didn't they tweet that they have the game running at 2K 60FPS on ALL platforms?

I guess their engagement was getting low, so they had to rile up the console wars again. 🤦‍♂️

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
These consoles are really good. even XSS.
Devs are just using engines like noobs and not coding to the metal. These consoles are just low budget pcs to them.
Look at tlou2? This was on less than 2tf. Steam deck performance god damnit. You don't render what's behind you or something.
Figure it out. hell these amateurs

Godot25

Banned
Well, maybe they should have spent more time doing game dev and not stirring shit on twitter 😂

Honestly, this was sooo predictable. They used console wars on Twitter so PlayStation fanboys will market their game for free and they released stinking pile of shit.

And it worked since game earned dev costs back before official release.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yup like I said the game reeked since 2020. Using console warring to make a name for themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if the "We made our money back already through pre-orders" is a straight up lie as well, to make it seem like "it's actually a success, might as well try it out"

My first thought, exactly.

Top Bottom