• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMITE Beta registration live for Xbox One

Signed up just because. Hope the game is good? Is this the f2p game?

If it's anything like the PC version:

• It's a F2P MOBA with a "free" hero rotation (like LoL, but the free heroes don't rotate nearly as often)
  • Heroes are relatively easy to obtain for free just by playing the game
  • For $29.99 you can buy every current hero in the game and get all future heroes as well
  • It's ridiculously fun; controls in 3rd person instead of top-down

Ape

Banned
Yup. It's a MOBA.

Oh, ok. I don't like mobas but ill help with the beta.

If it's anything like the PC version:

• It's a F2P MOBA with a "free" hero rotation (like LoL, but the free heroes don't rotate nearly as often)
  • Heroes are relatively easy to obtain for free just by playing the game
  • For $29.99 you can buy every current hero in the game and get all future heroes as well
  • It's ridiculously fun; controls in 3rd person instead of top-down

Maybe we can get a free hero for testing it! I'll send this to some people I know, how many players is it? is it just pvp?

Bsigg12

Thanks for the heads up. I've played a bit on the PC and enjoyed it, hopefully the controls translated over to the Xbox One well.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
also if anyone is interested in the game the god pack that is normally $40 is on sale during the world championships for $20 it comes with all 60 gods that are out now and all future gods well worth the price if you like mobas

Maybe we can get a free hero for testing it! I'll send this to some people I know, how many players is it? is it just pvp?

IIRC in the PC version you get some free heroes just for registering. Currently in the PC version there's bots, but they're really really dumb and can't be used for serious single player/co-op.

There's a few different modes with different player counts:

- Conquest - Standard MOBA 3 lanes setup, 5v5
- Joust - Single lane, 3v3
- Assault - Single lane, 5v5, gods chosen at random
- Arena - 5v5 Team deathmatch
- Siege - 4v4 w/ 2 lanes

krpiper

I liked this game a lot, but it didn't run super well on my potato of a PC, so I am excited to try out the xbox version.

Dylan

I tried this on PC and played for about 2 weeks before deciding it's just not that great.

As someone who was into SMNC to the point of lunacy, a 3rd person MOBA with no y-axis movement just felt cripplingly limited.

Also, the "mythological gods" theme of the game reminds me of

250px-Joseph_of_Aramathea.png

Thanks, interesting to see what its like on console. From the few passing clips I've gained through osmosis on the net I'm presuming this is a more direct controlled MOBA?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I have the unrealistic expectation of cross-platform play.

How disappointed should I prepare to be?

I remember Hi-Rez saying way back when on their Twitch channel that PC and One servers would be kept separated.

Raide

So this is the more action/combo based MOBA right? Not seen a huge amount of it but it seems like the correct MOBA to bring to consoles due to controls.

Nzyme32

Really curious to see how Xbox users react to smite and if it can be as popular in the console space. I had a bunch of fun messing with it on PC but found that I am only able to really devote my time to one, and that happens to be Dota2

Chris1

Signed up. Never really played a MOBA outside of league for a few games but the terrible adobe reader client made the game near unplayable for me. I'm making a mistake and are about to piss my life away here, aren't I?

Top Bottom