• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: "LittleBigPlanet will be the biggest title for SCE in all markets this year"

Wollan

yoshida_embed.jpg

Sony worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida had this to say to videogaming247:
“LittleBigPlanet is going to be the biggest title for Sony in all markets this year,” he said.
“History tells us how difficult it is for games developed in Europe or in the US to be successful in Japan, and with this generation we see Japanese consumer supporting more and more games coming from western Europe,” Yoshida added.
“It’s massively important, because it has so many things that it’s doing right in our minds,” he told us.

“That really shows the way the whole industry will be heading. Giving power to the consumers to express their creativity by creating something that’s fun for others to play."
More at source.

LBP.jpg

In other news, thuway brought this snippet straight from Pax:
LBP will have official Disney DLC.

Amir0x

Banned
gosh it is so nice to see a company put genuine marketing push behind such a compelling original title

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The Disney DLC is genius! And thank God they are pushing this the way it deserves to be!

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Good job Sony

This is just about the only thing you've done right in the past couple months.
The next few months will erase all the bamboozlements they're accumulated over the last 2 years.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yuppers.

I'd go further and say it'll probably be one of the system's most important and enduring titles, if not the generation's. I hope SCE does everything it can to launch it right.

123rl

This is the most interesting, original, and innovative game from Sony in a long time so it's great to see they are really pushing it in every region. I really, genuinely, hope the game does well, shifts millions of consoles, and gets the industry interesting again.

Sony have done a shitload to support the PS3 and nothing has caught people's imagination on a wide-scale level - I really think LBP could be the game to set the PS3 apart from the Wii/360 and show what a unique support/infrastructure is behind it

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Cryect

“History tells us how difficult it is for games developed in Europe or in the US to be successful in Japan, and with this generation we see Japanese consumer supporting more and more games coming from western Europe,” Yoshida added.

Man, it sure helps when you decide not to really release nonwestern titles.

Busty

Banned
Xater said:
Disney DLC sounds interesting...

Agreed. This is huge news. A seperate thread maybe?

Along with the news of a Disney branded Singstar and
supposed KH3 PS3 exclusive
it would seem that Sony and Disney might be looking to teaming up more in the future.

Amir0x said:
gosh it is so nice to see a company put genuine marketing push behind such a compelling original title

Too bad Sony are finished though, amir1te? ;)

Seriously though, I totally agree. I really hope they don't screw this up.

P.S. Please don't ban me.

Wollan

klee123 said:
Sony has nothing planned for the PS3 in Japan this year confirmed. Japanese games wise.
What defines 'japanese game wise'? In the last month, SCEJ released two titles.
And in regards to big titles, isn't that exactly what they're trying with LBP?

test_account

XP-39C²
LiquidMetal14 said:
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMN! That is nice! And only half full thermo!

MY GOD WATCH THIS VID!
I was just about to say the same, that level seems relatively big and its only using about half of the thermo :) Imagine making a double sized level of what we saw in that movie. That level would have been pretty big :)

Thanks for posting that video, Quaz51! :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wollan said:
And in regards to big title, isn't that exactly what they're trying with LBP?
Seriously, LBP is a game for everyone in any region. It can be made a JPN/NA/EUR experience by the user. You can make it your own.

gimz said:
Spaghetti-o's?

I hope this game explodes like everyone thinks it will, and actually lives up to its potential.

But those are some big IFs.

Wow, are they really going to start putting "Only on PlayStation" on the boxes for exclusives? In case you needed any more indications that times have changed...

klee123

Wollan said:
And in regards to big title, isn't that exactly what they're trying with LBP?

I'm talking about games which will appeal to the Japanese audience, which is usually SCEJ's duty. Basically they're putting all their eggs into the basket with LBP.

Paracelsus

Kobun Heat said:
Wow, are they really going to start putting "Only on PlayStation" on the boxes for exclusives? In case you needed any more indications that times have changed...

Matter of fact is that those logos aren't worth shiz if they are only on first party titles. >.>

zoku88

Kobun Heat said:
You know, until you said that, I didn't realize that Sony hadn't really done that before. I remember seeing 'Only on N64' but I don't remember Sony saying 'Only on Playstation'

Does Ninty do 'Only on Wii?'

No45

eatyobeans said:
I hope this game explodes like everyone thinks it will, and actually lives up to its potential.

But those are some big IFs.
Yours is only the second 'if' in this thread. And the first one is small.

zoku88 said:
You know, until you said that, I didn't realize that Sony hadn't really done that before. I remember seeing 'Only on N64' but I don't remember Sony saying 'Only on Playstation'

Does Ninty do 'Only on Wii?'

Wii Games don't need it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Paracelsus said:
Matter of fact is that those logos aren't worth shiz if they are only on first party titles. >.>

The general public out there probably isn't very aware of what's first party and what's not. Or what that even means. This sounds a lot like the same argument that 'first party exclusives don't count'. Most people don't know or care what's first party, what's third party..they just seem games. I've seen people asking if LBP is coming to 360, for example.

First party titles are perhaps the only games that can meaningfully carry such a label anyway :p

Marking it as an exclusive or whatever is something that anyone can understand (as long as you don't devalue it by putting it on games that aren't, or later won't be, or whatever)

klee123

The thing is that it won't mean shit anyways. Certain third party Gamecube, Xbox and X360 games with the exclusive tags ended up being ported in the end.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

No45

gofreak said:
The general public out there probably isn't very aware of what's first party and what's not. Or what that even means. I've seen people asking if LBP is coming to 360, for example.
So true. I don't think I've ever managed to properly get this across to anybody that's not a 'hardcore' gamer.

pcostabel

Gold Member
test_account said:
I was just about to say the same, that level seems relatively big and its only using about half of the thermo :) Imagine making a double sized level of what we saw in that movie. That level would have been pretty big :)

Thanks for posting that video, Quaz51! :)

The thermometer only grows if you add assets like texture or complex geometry. You can probably make very long levels if you use only a few texture.

patsu

klee123 said:
The thing is that it won't mean shit anyways. Certain third party Gamecube, Xbox and X360 games with the exclusive tags ended up being ported in the end.

For huge hits, it does mean a whole lotta things. Even if they end up getting ported, the mileage has already been gained initially.

Majmun

My most wanted game of this year.

Whoa, official Disney DLC? Maybe sackboy will star in the next Kingdom Hearts game. Would be pretty cool.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Top Bottom