• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Game Videos From e3 Show Floor

There really are Vita games at e3!

Gameplay From Show Floor:

Retro City Rampage
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Playstation All-Stars
Sly Cooper (Second Gameplay Clip)
Sunflowers
Super Monkey Ball
Jet Set Radio
Frobisher Says
Sine Mora
Snapshot
Orgarhythm
Metal Gear HD Collection
Hatsune Miku
Foosball (Vita's full potential achieved)
PS One Classics (Doesn't show much, but FFVII's title screen still excites me)
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Little Kings Story
Little Big Planet
Persona 4 Golden
Street Fighter X Tekken
Sound Shapes

Apps From Show Floor:

Youtube
Wake Up Club App (Alarm clock with trophies?)

Official Trailers :

Little Big Planet
Sly Cooper
Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Playstation One Classics
Sizzle Reel (Shows apps and some games that don't have full fledged trailers or on the show floor)
Soul Sacrifice (Trailer 2 Showing More Gameplay)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Sound Shapes
When Vikings Attack
Gravity Rush
Retro City Rampage
Playstation All-Stars
Persona 4: Golden
Little Big Planet Karting

Press Impressions

Silent Hill from Destructoid

Jim Sterling said:
As an RPG, this is a solid game. The combat is pure and satisfying hack n' slash, the drive to explore and find gear is just as compelling as in any genre peer, and the added influence of Silent Hill makes for some entertaining fan service that, if not taken too seriously, should amuse long-time fans. Maybe not the fanatical purists, but the fans who just enjoy Silent Hill as a series and don't mind seeing a fun little spin-off.

In fact, I am just going to say that this is now my most anticipated portable title of the year. So there.

Sly Cooper from Destructoid

Allistair Pinsof said:
Thieves in Time probably won't meet the high standard that Sucker Punch set, but it's not close to being the disappointment I feared it would be. With a little bit of polish, this could be the killer 3D platformer that Vita owners have been waiting for.

Orgarhythm from Destructoid

Jayson Napolitano said:
Orgarhythm is the most difficult game I’ve ever tried to explain. In fact, XSEED had a hard time explaining it to me. It wasn’t until I played it that I was fully able to understand what it was all about.

A hybrid between real-time strategy and a rhythm game, Orgarhythm is breaking new ground.

I can’t be excited enough about Orgarhythm at this point. It looks, sounds, and plays beautifully. It’s a beast to explain, and I hope I’ve conveyed some of what it’s about, but this is one that really needs to be played to understand, so hopefully there will be a demo available at some point to let people know what Orgarhythm is all about.

Soul Sacrifice from Siliconera

Spencer said:
Soul Sacrifice is a Monster Hunter style game with a macabre twist. If you want to cast powerful spells you have to sacrifice your body parts and forbidden sorcery takes your character’s life.

While Soul Sacrifice is designed primarily as a multiplayer game, you can play through the game solo.

Soul Sacrifice from IGN

Greg Miller said:
After ten minutes with Soul Sacrifice in a noisy convention hall, I really don't know what the game is all about. Yes, I've read the news and seen the videos we have here on IGN, but how I sacrifice my arm or life for in-game powers again and again really didn't make sense.

However, that doesn't matter at E3. From a gameplay perspective, Soul Sacrifice works.

I feel like this was thin E3 preview, but the heart of what I'm trying to say is this: I have no idea what exactly is going on in Soul Sacrifice, but I enjoyed playing it -- I want more. There are dozens of games I review each year that I totally understand and want nothing to do with.

Assassin's Creed: Liberation from IGN

Greg Miller said:
Beyond that, Ubisoft is stressing this game is a complete and distinct adventure from its console counterpart, set years ahead of the other game (a decade, to be precise), set in a different city (New Orleans), and a Templar enemy very distinct from the British (this time the Spanish, who occupied Louisiana at the time). The publisher is also adamant that this game is of the same quality as ACIII, being built on the same engine with the same type of animation and gameplay innovations.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Been waiting for this thread since yesterday!
:)

Edit: Best thread OP EVER made!

krae_man

Hey look, it's that thing Sony didn't think deserved any press conference time.

Edit: Wait, why is a sun dropping rain drops?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why, why, WHY were these not shown at the presentation instead of a 20-minute "Wonderbook" demo?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Was there some AC:Liberation gameplay/Demo unit?

KalBalboa

Banned

Retro City Rampage
Playstation All-Stars
Sly Cooper
Sunflowers
Super Monkey Ball
Jet Set Radio
Frobisher Says
Sine Mora
Snapshot
Orgarythm

Some of them aren't the best, like Sunflowers load times and the guys camera seems to keep trying to auto focus on Playstation All-Stars. But, at least we can see some of the games Sony decided not to share with the world.

Will add more.

Lots of games here I'll be getting on day one. It's a shame these weren't given time during the conference!

Duffyside

Banned
It is too bad that so many of those games are games you can play on a home console. Not sure why anyone would be excited for a Vita version if they can play a better version elsewhere.

Toma

It is too bad that so many of those games are games you can play on a home console. Not sure why anyone would be excited for a Vita version if they can play a better version elsewhere.

Because I have more time that I can put into a game while in bed or on the road/waiting than in front of the TV.

On top of that, I prefer playing on my Vita.

When it comes to some of those, I find the "better" version to be the one I can take with me. See: Jet Set Radio, Sly Cooper

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I would really like that people let us play what we want where we want without annoying us.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

There's no arguing against that fact that more original games built for the system would be nice, but I like to have the option. When the differences are minor or negligible, I'll go with Vita. It's nice to not be tethered to a television.

EDIT - Heh, four other people just posted the same thing. Anyways...Retro City Ramapage is lookin' pretty dope.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I much enjoy portable gaming on the Vita than my 70" HDTV. Its just way more comfortable to me.

Teknoman

Was watching JGR...and it always seems like NO ONE knows how to play a Sega game. Sonic games they always jump directly into pits or boost into oblivion, and here, he tags nothing x_x

Toma

There's no arguing against that fact that more original games built for the system would be nice, but I like to have the option. When the differences are minor or negligible, I'll go Vita though. It's nice to not be tethered to a television.

I much enjoy portable gaming on the Vita than my 70" HDTV. Its just way more comfortable to me.

My BRETHREN.

Love this console.

What's going on with Metal Gear HD? The video shows some kind of wavy shimmer (dont know how to explain it) across the screen. Not sure if it's the video camera or what.

KalBalboa

Banned

Retro City seems like it'll be best on Vita due to the portability & buttons factor. All Stars has that great cross-play function and runs at 60 FPS too, Jet Set comes with the PS3 version and features unique touch controls no other version has, and the rest of the games (even if they are ports) are all, at least, good ones.

I can't wait to play Stranger's Wrath for the first time too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It is too bad that so many of those games are games you can play on a PC. Not sure why anyone would be excited for a console version if they can play a better version elsewhere.

I'll buy Vita for most of these games assuming they turn out well. I like being able to play my games wherever, whether its on the couch or on the daily commute. You can't exactly lug a PS3 onto a bus.

Toma

Whats the name of the AR laser puzzle game? Really interested in that one.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Congratulations OP, you have already exerted more effort than the entire promotional team at Sony responsible for their E3 presentation.

Ardenyal

Retro City Rampage
Playstation All-Stars
Sly Cooper
Sunflowers
Super Monkey Ball
Jet Set Radio
Frobisher Says
Sine Mora
Snapshot
Orgarythm
Metal Gear HD Collection (Looks like I'll be buying my billionth version of Metal Gear Solid 3 on Tuesday)
Hatsune Miku
Foosball (Vita's full potential achieved)
PS One Classics (Doesn't show much, but FFVII's title screen still excites me)

Some of them aren't the best, like Sunflowers load times and the guys camera seems to keep trying to auto focus on Playstation All-Stars. But, at least we can see some of the games Sony decided not to share with the world.

Will add more.
cute%2Bmeme.png

Probably end up buying most of these... :/

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really hard to find games that are exclusive/unique to the Vita.

Portstation Vita

Honestly depends how you want to look at it. There are a ton of ports its getting but the only way you'll be able to play them on the go is through a Vita. 3DS for whatever reason (well its fairly obvious) isn't getting the same level of support when it comes to console ports.

Duffyside

Banned
There's no arguing against that fact that more original games built for the system would be nice, but I like to have the option. When the differences are minor or negligible, I'll go with Vita. It's nice to not be tethered to a television.

Oh, I think every PS3 game that can be given life on both platforms should, at least if it's feasible and as easy to do as Sony claims it is. I just think that a thread that seems reactionary to the "Vita is doomed" vibe of GAF is pretty weakly countering said vibe with games that can be found elsewhere.

Oni Jazar

PORTABLE DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS???

Do people never leave the house or live with anyone that could conceivably be on the TV?

Top Bottom