• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unseen64: ZombiU coming to Xbox One/PS4?

LiamR

Know Your Friends*

Not cancelled, just unreleased. Could still be released. It's completed*

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good. More people need to play this, and I will happily rebuy.

Striek

Eh an improved sequel sure, why bother with the original though? I like the game, but more for its gamepad integration and its novel features, but its way too barebones to port to other platforms 3 years later without the gamepad.

Looked boring on Wii U and had terrible reviews.

I would substitute "terrible" for "mixed." It wasn't overly polished, but it was refreshing in some ways compared to modern shooters. There's stuff I liked about it. There's stuff I didn't like about it. I don't know, I wouldn't mind seeing it get another chance.

Mononoke

Banned
Looked boring on Wii U and had terrible reviews.

I loved it. One of the best things I played on the Wii U.

Edit:

This is more spot on:

I would substitute "terrible" for "mixed." It wasn't overly polished, but it was refreshing in some ways compared to modern shooters. There's stuff I liked about it. There's stuff I didn't like about it. I don't know, I wouldn't mind seeing it get another chance.

I personally loved it, but I agree it was flawed. I probably looked past the flaws because it was refreshing for the genre. I agree if given another chance, it could be great. Maybe it's not fair comparing titles given the time they came out, but I personally enjoyed my time with ZombiU over Dying Light. *shrugs*

Eggbok

There has been so much news released today. It's like E3 just happened.
But damn would love to play this on PS4.

SRTtoZ

It was fun for the $10 I paid for it but it felt a bit generic and I absolutely hated controlling an FPS with the fat ass gamepad.

RootCause

Eh an improved sequel sure, why bother with the original though? I like the game, but more for its gamepad integration and its novel features, but its way too barebones to port to other platforms 3 years later without the gamepad.
Yeah, I'd prefer a sequel now that the initial high is off. :3
Thoug I'd love it if it were packed in with the original zombiU.

Hugstable

Banned
Cool, would be great for more people to experience this game. I actually thought it was really great horror experience, even if the melee was supremely limited. I think with a bit of refinement in a sequel the ZombiU could have been something truly special. As it stands though ZombiU to me was a really good game.

Why would they port it instead of making a new one? They would have to work on redesigning stuff and the game wasn't particular good-looking to begin with even for a Wii U game.

Then again with the number of remasters maybe Ubisoft sees this as a way to pad out retail releases.

Fat4all

Banned
A sequel or reboot would be great, but if it's just a port or something I'd still pick it up.

Had loads of fun with ZombiU.

I'd be very curious to see if the game could possibly be better than it was on Wii U. I have my doubts. The GamePad was vital to the design of the game and was responsible for creating most of the tension, too.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I didn't find the game to be even remotely close to as good as some around here say, but I could see it work without the gamepad. Instead of having to look down at the gamepad, it could just bring up a menu that doesn't pause ala TLOU. Regardless, I don't see myself giving it a shot on the PS4 or XB1 unless they manage to greatly improve the combat. If the rumor is even true of course.

Sounds great...this is the only game other then Zelda that has made me consider buying a Wii U. One less reason to bother if this port is done well.

Dugna

Man the inventory system would be very boring if it comes to PS4/Xbone the Wii U Gamepad actually makes part of the game really cool.

I'd be very curious to see if the game could possibly be better than it was on Wii U. I have my doubts. The GamePad was vital to the design of the game and was responsible for creating most of the tension, too.

As a game it had some very real issues that could be smoothed out/improved with a sequel. But the Gamepad DOES add a lot to the game, so it's a tough one!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's far from perfect but ZombiU's strength is that the core design encompassing the pacing, level layouts, objectives, and core game systems heavily emphasise the roots of "survival horror" moreso than most modern horror games. As in, prolonging the survival of your virtual avatar is the heart of the game, both beneficial and increasingly more risky as the cost for failure balloons the longer you stay alive. It's got a bunch of launch-game-on-new-hardware oddities but it's otherwise a smart and at times bold design with a ton of really cool ideas.

I believe this to be true and I hope survival horror fans burned out by so many lackluster efforts within the genre give it a look.

I got Zombi U along with NSMBU, COD, and Nintendoland when the U launched.

I had a ton of fun with it. Even the local multiplayer was fun.

oSoLucky

It wouldn't work on different hardware though.....

Just like Tearaway.

I actually really disliked the game. My 2nd least favorite of this gen so far.

Top Bottom