• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Fear (City Interactive) | New Screenshots

Radogol

jqrnue.png

UPDATE: Apparently, the game is developed by City Interactive's internal studio as opposed to Farm 51. Source.

Marek Tyminski said:
We rely on the quality of our games, we want Alien Fear to become a hit. We made a decision to move the project to our internal studio, and - soon - reinforce the team with talent both from Poland and abroad.

Quote comes from here.

SCREENSHOTS

28cpl55.jpg

sx154l.jpg

v3fxpv.jpg

nlbss1.jpg

UPDATE:

alienfearscreenshot0253dol.jpg

10narr8.jpg

2hfl6d2.jpg

2dj1kwg.jpg

332nkh4.jpg

30avu48.jpg

UPDATE 2 COURTESY OF JOSEPH MERRICK:

38g34.jpg

alienfearscreenshot008mhbj.jpg

alienfearscreenshot0113gax.jpg

alienfearscreenshot018kgls.jpg

alienfearscreenshot041dc8p.jpg

CONCEPT ART

e7z96v.jpg

2d0drmc.jpg

ws63a0.jpg

UPDATE:

1j5is6.jpg

besohw.jpg

x4on87.jpg

25tg2f7.jpg

UPDATE 2 COURTESY OF JOSEPH MERRICK:

aliens001zfte.jpg

biomech001tgqe.jpg

TWITTER
FACEBOOK

neorej

ERMYGERD!
KevinCow said:
I mean, maybe it's just me, but it seems like they could figure out a better way to control this mech than ripping the user in half.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. This solution works for them, who are you to judge?

Radogol

Big update to the first post. Apparently, the game is being developed internally at CI. SOURCE.

Marek Tyminski said:
We rely on the quality of our games, we want Alien Fear to become a hit. We made a decision to move the project to our internal studio, and - soon - reinforce the team with talent both from Poland and abroad.

Quote comes from here.

Radogol said:
Big update to the first post. Apparently, the game is being developed internally at CI. SOURCE.
WOAH. I'm out.

lol

oh wait. does it say both companies are going ahead making their games separately? hehe. it would be awesome if they both released a game with the same title, at the same time. fight fight fight. but thefarm51 /salute I will never buy another city interactive game, just for you

edit: actually, should have guessed at something like this going on back when thefarm51 changed the pic on their site to a zombie guy face troll thing whatever it is now on the temp site. I guess they're doing necrovision3 or similar instead? hope so :O~

Radogol

Joseph Merrick said:
oh wait. does it say both companies are going ahead making their games separately? hehe. it would be awesome if they both released a game with the same title, at the same time. fight fight fight. but thefarm51 /salute I will never buy another city interactive game, just for you

The translation is super mangled. CI has exclusive rights to Alien Fear and will be doing the game by itself - that's what the confusing paragraph says.

ram

that looks like a complete boring mess... :X how hard is it to come up with some original designs...

Ywap

This is from The Farm 51:s homepage:

"We're present at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (a.k.a. E3), showing a demo of our new project, a dynamical first person shooter, combining elements of horror and fantasy and conspiracy theories akin to The Bourne Identity. We'll soon be publishing screenshots from the game, showing levels and game assets, as well as a couple of videos, depicting game mechanics.

And one more thing. We promise to bring a surprise from E3."

Did anyone attend to The Farm 51 booth at E3 to watch the demo and what was the surprise?

They are currently working on two games according to their homepage:

FPS game

A dynamic First Person Shooter, combining - in terms of gameplay - elements of horror and fantasy, and - in terms of storyline - conspiracy theories akin to The Bourne Identity with the atmosphere of a gothic horror novel. The game will include well-proven game mechanics, both single- and multiplayer, as well as a carefully crafted cooperative mode. A new, high-quality of audio and visuals is provided by the Unreal Engine.

TrailersFirst Person Adventure

The other project is an adaptation of the atmosphere of classic adventure films, such as Indiana Jones, King Solomon's Mines or The Mummy to first-person perspective action games. The player will have the opportunity to visit various and, thanks to the new technology, visually attractive locations of the first half of the 20th century, fight using breathtaking weapons and discover the intricate story of conspiracy and betrayal, filled with plot twists, colourful characters and humour.

Top Bottom