• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Anyone else want any of the fantastic characters from NES Pro Wrestling to be in smash bros in some form? Id die over a playable starman, but id totally take any of those characters as a grapple assist trophy

1a53bc99e5a43ddff1db46decbe4bc73.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned
Talking about Smash

Palutena : I can't imagine you in a Melee
Pit : That's because I wasn't...

Need a sequel T-T

I remember this dialogue! Only heard it once. Man, this is one of those games where you're smirking the whole time from all the references and jokes and lovable characters.

I really hope since there won't be another KI game for another long that the rumored Wii U port is going to be this. This game is criminally underrated and underplayed.

It would be great to get a list of streamers so when the game hits people have a ton of content to view from... But I guess you could always just search twitch tv?

I would love to organize some matches and stream them when it hits.

Kouriozan

I remember this dialogue! Only heard it once. Man, this is one of those games where you're smirking the whole time from all the references and jokes and lovable characters.

I really hope since there won't be another KI game for another long that the rumored Wii U port is going to be this. This game is criminally underrated and underplayed.
Instant double dips if there is a Wii U version.

J@hranimo

Banned
It would be great to get a list of streamers so when the game hits people have a ton of content to view from... But I guess you could always just search twitch tv?

Well fwiw I plan on getting the new Elgato capture device and stream some Smash Bros Wii U when it comes out.

Instant double dips if there is a Wii U version.

Hell yeah!

Josephl64

I didn't get into Bayonetta because I was given the PS3 ver and I couldn't patch it since I didn't have online so I gave it back...I will probably pick it up on Wii U, but I don't have the hype behind it

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope it's easy to find the match you want to spectate*. I need to put all my money on GAFers.

*I'll be honest, I can't remember much about Brawl's online.

Is a Kid Icarus: Uprising Wii U port actually happening? I'd love to see that - the game was pretty much perfect, aside from the controls. But customizing them with options like Pro controller or Wiimote+Nunchuck would be perfect.

The only person I know, besides you now, is Makai. He'll streaming once the Japanese ver. releases, and he'll also be streaming matches in my tournament. ^^

I know that there's a couple of importers in the thread.

- Drago
- Georly
- Makai (of course. :p)

Josephl64

I hope it's easy to find the match you want to spectate*. I need to put all my money on GAFers.

There wasn't much of online in Brawl.

I do hope it's easy to spectate on people since I would just spend my time betting in the tourneys

emb

Man... I really want to care about the Bayonetta 2 Direct, I really do, but I just don't and I'm pretty sure it's because I would much, much rather have a Smash 3DS Direct instead.
Same for me!

Though I'm not that interested in Bayo in general. I kinda like the genre, but the first game at least felt like it was 2edgy4me

At least we're getting some kind of Direct. I know a lot of us are psyched for B2, and that's enough to make me happy about it.
Why not both?
That would be ideal!

But the closer it gets to September 13 with no announcement, the less likely a Smash Direct becomes. It's not looking good for our hero Sakurai.

So what's everyone's most wanted obscure Nintendo character?
My default choice is Doshin the Giant, purely out of how funny he would be to see in the game.
One of his special moves could be peeing on someone, like how he put out forest fires in his game.

Why not both?
In an ideal world we do get both.

My original comment: "Should have been a Smash direct. Still more details to be known. Smash GAF will back me up. Hoping for some truly meaningful details on Bayonetta 2 in the direct or else it will come across as useless and unnecessary, but I trust the purrfessionals at Nintendo to get it together and make a great direct."
-Catpunsarepurrfect, IGN

My default choice is Doshin the Giant, purely out of how funny he would be to see in the game.

One of his special moves could be peeing on someone, like how he put out forest fires in his game.

man do I wish this game came out in the west

Revven

Spectator Mode in Brawl was incredibly limited. You couldn't watch friend matches at all, you had to watch random matches (basically, With Anyone matches). Not only that, but their names weren't displayed and it wasn't even LIVE! It was recordings, iirc. Almost like replays of online matches that already happened, I think. You had zero investment in the matches because you didn't know who was playing and because the matches were always so short there wasn't any... "momentum shifting" that you usually see in longer matches (match length is really the fault of With Anyone's match settings to begin with, though. 2 minutes is terrible for random online matches).

If it's anything like that, Spectator Mode will be completely worthless to everyone. It was pretty pointless in Brawl because of all the above and I wouldn't be surprised if they still kept it limited to spectating With Anyone matches only.

It would be a pleasant surprise to me if you could spectate With Friends matches but I find that to be incredibly unlikely (I would like to be proved wrong, though, because that would increase the use of the mode for me exponentially).

Josephl64

Lip from Panel de Pon...I miss that game series

sadly Yoshi took over in the US making her even more obscure

Lip-and-Yoshi-Main-Screen-Comparison.gif

In an ideal world we do get both.

My original comment: "Should have been a Smash direct. Still more details to be known. Smash GAF will back me up. Hoping for some truly meaningful details on Bayonetta 2 in the direct or else it will come across as useless and unnecessary, but I trust the purrfessionals at Nintendo to get it together and make a great direct."
-Catpunsarepurrfect, IGN

"Which one would you purr-fur?" - Cat salesman in Dokapon Kingdom
Two cat puns in a row.

Spectator Mode in Brawl was incredibly limited. You couldn't watch friend matches at all, you had to watch random matches (basically, With Anyone matches). Not only that, but their names weren't displayed and it wasn't even LIVE! It was recordings, iirc. Almost like replays of online matches that already happened, I think. You had zero investment in the matches because you didn't know who was playing and because the matches were always so short there wasn't any... "momentum shifting" that you usually see in longer matches (match length is really the fault of With Anyone's match settings to begin with, though. 2 minutes is terrible for random online matches).

If it's anything like that, Spectator Mode will be completely worthless to everyone. It was pretty pointless in Brawl because of all the above and I wouldn't be surprised if they still kept it limited to spectating With Anyone matches only.

It would be a pleasant surprise to me if you could spectate With Friends matches but I find that to be incredibly unlikely (I would like to be proved wrong, though, because that would increase the use of the mode for me exponentially).
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Spectating needs a total overhaul if it wants to be relevant. Should it not, it is practically a useless feature.

Is a Kid Icarus: Uprising Wii U port actually happening? I'd love to see that - the game was pretty much perfect, aside from the controls. But customizing them with options like Pro controller or Wiimote+Nunchuck would be perfect.

I'm betting either Kid Icarus Uprising or Luigi's Mansion 2 will be the Wii U 2015 Remaster game.

Chunky

A Wii U port would ideally only let you play with the touchscreen.
Playing higher intensities/multiplayer would demonstrate why the controls are as they are. You need the immediate reaction and you just can't get that with stick-based controls.

Purrsonaly I'd have to go with Smash, but choosing Bayonetta is a viable option should you be a fan of the series.

Dude, I do this on IGN everyday. I know my cat puns

Oh, I wasn't asking, I was just bringing up the quote from Dokapon. My friends and I have been playing through story mode the past few months, and we cringe every time he says that.

Another quote:
"MEOW I'm angry!" (when you try to rob his store)

georly

I recently got my Japanese Capture Card!

10533425_10203941831160708_6366856380048429369_n.jpg

Added my Nintendo Points the other day too!

10665817_10203926049286171_509005702108366654_n.jpg

I plan on streaming the game on Twitch at release for a few days. I've taken off work and everything =D

PM me your friend code if you wanna play on or around japanese launch! I'll pm you mine back.

A Wii U port would ideally only let you play with the touchscreen.
Playing higher intensities/multiplayer would demonstrate why the controls are as they are. You need the immediate reaction and you just can't get that with stick-based controls.

Honestly, I'm fond of the pointer controls, and I wish I could use those. Some options would be nice, even if touchscreen controls would be superior.

Macka

Same problem I have with Krystal, and why I wouldn't want her in the game.
I wouldn't say Krystal's design is inherently sexualised, and unlike Bayo it's not a huge part of her personality either. I don't want her in Smash though, but only because she's a shitty character and not because she might appeal to the furries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom