• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Xenoblade Chronicles is EXCELLENT (Playthrough ongoing; please mark spoilers!)

Sounds like a plan then.

Make sure to upgrade all her skills, equipment, etc.. before hand (or anyone else you are using in the battle you don't normally party with).

I spent a good hour grinding. Didn't help but extend the inevitable. Only time in the game I had to cheat and look up strategy :(

Jawmuncher

Make sure to upgrade all her skills, equipment, etc.. before hand (or anyone else you are using in the battle you don't normally party with).

I spent a good hour grinding. Didn't help but extend the inevitable. Only time in the game I had to cheat and look up strategy :(

Thanks for the tip. Just beat it.
I thankfully already had her pretty well off and her Lightning Maxed out.
Brought Sharla and Tiki with me and there were only a few hiccups.

Jawmuncher

Ok now i'm at
Prison Island 2nd Round
haven't attempted the boss there yet. Since I hear you want to be about level 80 for the final boss. Currently level 75 and not quite sure where a good spot to farm will be. Already spent time farming the entrance to where im at and the enemes by the Bionis Leg Bridge are too weak now.

TheMoon

How can you get the name of the one character wrong that constantly repeats its own name? :D

He's gonna throw a tantrum and bitey bitey you in your sleep.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ok now i'm at
Prison Island 2nd Round
haven't attempted the boss there yet. Since I hear you want to be about level 80 for the final boss. Currently level 75 and not quite sure where a good spot to farm will be. Already spent time farming the entrance to where im at and the enemes by the Bionis Leg Bridge are too weak now.

That would be on the high side. I beat the final boss at 78 the first time and 77 the second. I'd say 78 would be a good goal, but if you are confident in your agility could do it a level or two lower.

How can you get the name of the one character wrong that constantly repeats its own name? :D

A friend of mine would always type "Duncan" instead of "Dunban" for some reason.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I just left the main city after
childhood friend love interest dies
and I am having so much fun leveling up and doing the side quests. I'm loving everything about this game.

mclem

I had my mind blown yesterday when I looked at IMDB's and saw that Del Boy's Mum plays Sharla.

And I just had my mind blown when I checked that and found that the same actress was also the daughter in The Upper Hand.

G6zZtJa.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Haven't played since my last post in this thread. Been following news on Smash 4, but I will get back to Xenoblade soon enough. :)
Alright, keep us posted
you got us that knows whats coming super giddy with anticipation :p

Neiteio

Alright, keep us posted
you got us that knows whats coming super giddy with anticipation :p

I subscribed to the thread in anticipation of the next update ;)

same haha
I won't let you down! Now you have me really excited to see what happens next. I have a feeling Metal Face will show up, and he steals every scene he's in, so that right there has me itching to play. :-D

Last I played, I wasn't sure how to open the way to Prison Island -- I see the objective markers, but they're on floating islands that I'm not quite sure how to reach. I'll figure it out, though. :)

rjinaz

Ok now i'm at
Prison Island 2nd Round

Spiral Valley on the bionis leg. 70 range enemies. Also the gogols on the Bionis Leg by the bridge are high level 70s as are the creatures on the raised platforms across the little bridges in the same area.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Spiral Valley on the bionis leg. 70 range enemies. Also the gogols on the Bionis Leg by the bridge are high level 70s as are the creatures on the raised platforms across the little bridges in the same area.

Those enemies on those platforms also drop some of the best light armor (i.e., best armor in general) in the game.

foxuzamaki

I won't let you down! Now you have me really excited to see what happens next. I have a feeling Metal Face will show up, and he steals every scene he's in, so that right there has me itching to play. :-D

Last I played, I wasn't sure how to open the way to Prison Island -- I see the objective markers, but they're on floating islands that I'm not quite sure how to reach. I'll figure it out, though. :)
You'll find your way there, I found one of the floating islands just exploring before I got to that point in the story, just pay attention to where the red laser is pointing to to see where the teleporter will lead.

No problem :)

You've put so many hours into the game already, I'd hate for you and others to stop when they're already well past the halfway point

Tookay

I'm nearing the halfway point and while I've enjoyed it so far, I kind of feel like the narrative went off the rails ever since
the high entia were introduced.

The battle system is getting more interesting though and the game overall has that sense of adventure that I haven't seen since the PS2 days.

Though the red ones all my attacks miss.
Am I missing something or is it because he's marked as red?
Attacks missing are generally based on Agility, I believe - and higher-level enemies tend to seriously outclass you in terms of that. So, your attacks miss a lot, which lowers your Tension, which is another factor that causes your attacks to miss a lot... It kind of cycles like that; you miss, causing your tension to lower, causing you to miss more, causing your tension to lower, causing you to miss more...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Attacks missing are generally based on Agility, I believe - and higher-level enemies tend to seriously outclass you in terms of that. So, your attacks miss a lot, which lowers your Tension, which is another factor that causes your attacks to miss a lot... It kind of cycles like that; you miss, causing your tension to lower, causing you to miss more, causing your tension to lower, causing you to miss more...

The game scales your stats based on level difference, so it lowers your agility when fighting stronger enemies. Which makes you miss, and tension, etc like you said.

iQoZWZppCIgrq.png

Jawmuncher

Ok was wondering why I would end up missing all the time on higher level enemies.
Looks like i'll equip some agility gems to see if that will prevent that.

No problem :)

You've put so many hours into the game already, I'd hate for you and others to stop when they're already well past the halfway point

Yep I definitely want to see this through.

Thanks have been using this area.

That would be on the high side. I beat the final boss at 78 the first time and 77 the second. I'd say 78 would be a good goal, but if you are confident in your agility could do it a level or two lower.

Ok cool i'm pretty close to that so the sooner the better for me.

I don't even know why I keep messing up his name lol.

foxuzamaki

I'm nearing the halfway point and while I've enjoyed it so far, I kind of feel like the narrative went off the rails ever since
the high entia were introduced.

The battle system is getting more interesting though and the game overall has that sense of adventure that I haven't seen since the PS2 days.
oh dont worry, it will all come together

Jawmuncher

Going to take a break before attempting the final boss. I'm just before him.
Switched my team to Sharla, Riki, and Melia whom I'm controlling hope all goes well. Level 78.

I'm really hoping that this comes to 3DS in North America when the New line hits. It sounds awesome, I'd love to own it on the go especially since I've never played the original.

Jofamo

I thought level 78 would be good.
Can get the last boss to about half and then I just get wrecked.

Make sure to focus on the allies the final boss summons, when they appear. If you leave them alive too long they, along with the boss, will initiate a pretty devastating chain attack of their own.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought level 78 would be good.
Can get the last boss to about half and then I just get wrecked.

I used different characters than what you had, but it should be doable at that level with that party. Double check skill links, active skill tree for that bonus, gems. If you don't have anything to improve there and you still can't win you might have to level up or maybe try different characters.

You can't really abuse topple in that fight because the boss has a topple resist (50% or 66% time resist I think, so it doesn't last as long) and daze immunity. With that party I assume you aren't trying to topple on chain attacks, since only Melia can topple anyway.

Jawmuncher

Just Beat It! Thanks for the help everyone!
I indeed was the right level just had to change parties and move around the skill links.
Took me about 50 Hours exactly to beat it. Though I was going from story mission to story mission and only do quests that were easily on the way. Did end up spending like 5 hours it felt grinding level in the 70s.

All in all I enjoyed my time with it. While it wasn't necessarily the be all end all of jRPGs like some claimed. It was still decent enough all around. I didn't feel like I wasted my time getting to the ending and beating it. I would definitely recommend it to others, especially if the 3DS version is good. I can see this game shining on the go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to list exactly what I did for the final boss.
Entire Party was level 78 and they all had their intermediate books for the skills they had equipped.
The entire fight I used Shulk, Riki, and Sharla.
For Shulk make sure the Speed Monado Art is upgraded high so you can use it to dodge red attacks
For Sharla make sure she has nothing but Healing Arts equipped she doesn't need anything else
For Riki make sure his 1 healing art is very high and that his other arts can deal decent damage.
When it came to Gems I made sure Sharla had high Ether, and that everyone had 50% bonus health from gems. Shulk had as much extra damage as Gems allowed.
The Skills selected mainly related to extra health from heals, better ether and physical defense, and what applied to that characters role.

Actual Strategy (Spoiler Marked just in case though it doesn't really reveal anything)
For all 3 forms Focusing on the final boss and then directing your attention to his allies when they spawn works wonders.
Get rid of them ASAP mainly for the first 2 forms. Using Speed when you predict a future move from any enemy helps keep everyone alive and healed
DO NOT bother with chain attacks. Save the gauge to revive teammates. Always going for Sharla first to get a quick heal
Only use Monado Arts for Speed to dodge attacks. It's not worth trying to use it for anything during the fight.

foxuzamaki

Just Beat It! Thanks for the help everyone!
I indeed was the right level just had to change parties and move around the skill links.
Took me about 50 Hours exactly to beat it. Though I was going from story mission to story mission and only do quests that were easily on the way. Did end up spending like 5 hours it felt grinding level in the 70s.

All in all I enjoyed my time with it. While it wasn't necessarily the be all end all of jRPGs like some claimed. It was still decent enough all around. I didn't feel like I wasted my time getting to the ending and beating it. I would definitely recommend it to others, especially if the 3DS version is good. I can see this game shining on the go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to list exactly what I did for the final boss.
Entire Party was level 78 and they all had their intermediate books for the skills they had equipped.
The entire fight I used Shulk, Riki, and Sharla.
For Shulk make sure the Speed Monado Art is upgraded high so you can use it to dodge red attacks
For Sharla make sure she has nothing but Healing Arts equipped she doesn't need anything else
For Riki make sure his 1 healing art is very high and that his other arts can deal decent damage.
When it came to Gems I made sure Sharla had high Ether, and that everyone had 50% bonus health from gems. Shulk had as much extra damage as Gems allowed.
The Skills selected mainly related to extra health from heals, better ether and physical defense, and what applied to that characters role.

Actual Strategy (Spoiler Marked just in case though it doesn't really reveal anything)
For all 3 forms Focusing on the final boss and then directing your attention to his allies when they spawn works wonders.
Get rid of them ASAP mainly for the first 2 forms. Using Speed when you predict a future move from any enemy helps keep everyone alive and healed
DO NOT bother with chain attacks. Save the gauge to revive teammates. Always going for Sharla first to get a quick heal
Only use Monado Arts for Speed to dodge attacks. It's not worth trying to use it for anything during the fight.
Awesome man!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Monado Speed actually does not improve as you level it up. Only the duration changes. So speed at level 1 is just as effective against red art visions as speed at level 10, the timing for when you need to use it is just tighter. Because of that I never bothered putting any points into speed in later playthroughs.

Also, the difference between level 1 and level 10 is only 4.5 seconds, which makes it even less worthwhile to put points into it.

Should I play this now or wait for it on the new 3DS?

3DS version looks like pretty big visual downgrade and has more framerate issues (which may improve by release, we'll see). Unless you just really want to play the game on a portable, or you don't have it and would rather pick it up a little cheaper, I'd say go with the Wii version.

Soodanim

Gold Member
What's MotionFlow?

Also, Xenoblade is awesome. OP, you are pretty far from this, but there's a part much further from where you are at, which made me stop playing (anything) for 2 weeks as I mulled over what had happened.

Then I went back and continued playing, and continued getting hit by the ramifications of what had happened with new NPC sidequests. It... was awesome...
MotionFlow is the technology some TVs have that invents intermediary frames between the ones fed to it so it fakes extra smoothness.

What was the part that made you stop playing?

foxuzamaki

What's MotionFlow?

Also, Xenoblade is awesome. OP, you are pretty far from this, but there's a part much further from where you are at, which made me stop playing (anything) for 2 weeks as I mulled over what had happened.

Then I went back and continued playing, and continued getting hit by the ramifications of what had happened with new NPC sidequests. It... was awesome...
You probably arent going to see this but tell me in spoilers what part your talking about

I remember trying so damn hard to turn Melia into a part time healer and leaving Sharla out, while turning Dunban into my main tank. Dunban turned out amazing as a high agility tank and just put Reyn to shame with keeping hate and never taking hits. Somehow I was able to win most fights with Melia as my healer as well but as I neared the end game I just had to stick Sharla in some of those fights, but main party was Dunban, Melia, and Riki.

Its cool how you can kind of customize characters to do things that they might have not been meant to do. The affinity links and what not really made this game have endless playstyles and I encourage people to try unique ways of playing the characters. Great game though and I cant wait for X.

TheMoon

HOW DID I NEVER REALISE THIS BEFORE? Blowing my goddam mind I tell yah

Yea that did melt my mind as well when I found out just a few weeks or months ago. Then again, I played Xenoblade in 2011/2012 and she didn't join Doctor Who until 2013 so I'd already forgotten the voices by then :(

tm24

So electric plus does work with melia's bolt summone right? Also, this game has too many gems and ether crystals

shauntu

MotionFlow is the technology some TVs have that invents intermediary frames between the ones fed to it so it fakes extra smoothness.

What was the part that made you stop playing?

You probably arent going to see this but tell me in spoilers what part your talking about

Ok putting it in spoilers just in case...

When the High Entia led by Kallian show up to save the day, only for their Telethia gene to be triggered -- leading to, pretty much, the end of the Hi Entia race. The realization of what happened, what the Hi Entia had worked on for years to try to save themselves from, why Melia was their future, realizing what the Telethia were in the first place (antibodies for the bacteria growing on the Bionis, the bacteria being all life forms). I had just stopped Egil from committing genocide -- only for an actual genocide to take place anyway.

Then when I resumed play, and saw the NPC chart with all the Hi Entia that were now dead... as well as the survivors with their tales of sacrifice and loss... going to get the little boy's family picture guarded by the Telethia that used to be the father who I had to finish off... learning of Telethia who just after turning still protected their friends on instinct as they fled... seeing the once proud Hi Entia scattered about, homeless and pitiful, only having survived due to being of mixed birth (whether they knew it or not).

Like I said... it was an awesome experience.

foxuzamaki

Ok putting it in spoilers just in case...

When the High Entia led by Kallian show up to save the day, only for their Telethia gene to be triggered -- leading to, pretty much, the end of the Hi Entia race. The realization of what happened, what the Hi Entia had worked on for years to try to save themselves from, why Melia was their future, realizing what the Telethia were in the first place (antibodies for the bacteria growing on the Bionis, the bacteria being all life forms). I had just stopped Egil from committing genocide -- only for an actual genocide to take place anyway.

Then when I resumed play, and saw the NPC chart with all the Hi Entia that were now dead... as well as the survivors with their tales of sacrifice and loss... going to get the little boy's family picture guarded by the Telethia that used to be the father who I had to finish off... learning of Telethia who just after turning still protected their friends on instinct as they fled... seeing the once proud Hi Entia scattered about, homeless and pitiful, only having survived due to being of mixed birth (whether they knew it or not).

Like I said... it was an awesome experience.

Ohhh yea, that was brutal :(, I felt especially bad for
Melia

Gambit

Ohhh yea, that was brutal :(, I felt especially bad for
Melia

That's why I want an in-continuity sequel starring the best gal,
Melia. In fact, half of it should be sequel with her as protagonist, the other half prequel with Klaus.
Godfather 2 style.

In any case, the scene you described was incredible and how iw was set up, it provided great pay-off.

Neiteio

THIS GAME.

I unsealed Prison Island. Shit got real. I went deep into Valak Mountain. Shit got real again. There is not enough martinlawrenceinbadboys2.gif to express how real shit is getting.

So many mysteries, like
how did Fiora survive the attack on Colony 9, and what is she doing working for the Mechon
, and
how did Fiora know about Zanza, and what's the connection there
, and
what is Alcamoth's minister of defense scheming to do
, and
what's the connection between Alvin and Zanza and what are they scheming to do
, and
what is Mumkhar's beef with Dunban and Colony 6 and why did he defect to the Mechon
, and
who are these mystery figures prepping the faced Mechon back at Galahad Fortress
, and
how is Fiora still so sexy with a robot body
? SO MANY MYSTERIES.

And there's a love triangle brewing here. Aww yiss.

I am currently stuck on
Mumkhar
. I tried using Melia against him, and then Shulk. I got him to about 50% HP with Shulk, but in the end he bodies my entire team. That's OK, because he's one of my favorite villains ever, and I love
the flight suit with the Metal Gear Rising-like jawline and the beam claws
. But I do want to beat him and see what happens with
Fiora

Man, this game. Oh, and Prison Island was an amazing setting, BTW. The huge doorways, the pouring rain, the battle in the sky, etc. This is grand fantasy at its finest.

THIS GAME.

I unsealed Prison Island. Shit got real. I went deep into Valak Mountain. Shit got real again. There is not enough martinlawrenceinbadboys2.gif to express how real shit is getting.

So many mysteries, like
how did Fiora survive the attack on Colony 9, and what is she doing working for the Mechon
, and
, and
, and
, and
what is Mumkhar's beef with Dunban and Colony 6 and why did he defect to the Mechon
, and
who are these mystery figures prepping the faced Mechon back at Galahad Fortress
, and
? SO MANY MYSTERIES.

I am currently stuck on
Mumkhar
. I tried using Melia against him, and then Shulk. I got him to about 50% HP with Shulk, but in the end he bodies my entire team. That's OK, because he's one of my favorite villains ever, and I love
Fiora

Man, this game. Oh, and Prison Island was an amazing setting, BTW. The huge doorways, the pouring rain, the battle in the sky, etc. This is grand fantasy at its finest.

Oh man. Reading your account brought a smile to my face. I saw most of the Prison Island stuff coming, but the stuff with Valak Mountain caught me totally by surprise.

As an aside, I LOVE Valak Mountain. The whole place is just so interesting to look at and mess around in. Great location.

And yes, shit has gotten real. It's about to get infinitely more real. You have no idea, and I'm grinning like an idiot thinking about it.

Also: did my crafting info help any? You're almost to the point in the game where it really "clicked" for me. After which I immediately lost 5 hours of my life just crafting everything I could in sight. My combat got much better, and I was able to take on some of those stronger enemies from earlier (only some).

TheMoon

THIS GAME.

So many mysteries, like
, and
, and
, and
, and
, and
, and
? SO MANY MYSTERIES.

I am currently stuck on
Mumkhar
Fiora

Thanks for letting me relive the excitement! :D So much insanity still to come for you, wowza!

StuBurns

Banned
I've been sitting on it for months.

How do people rate playing with a WiiMote? If I really need a gamepad, I'll order one.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
THIS GAME.

So many mysteries, like
, and
, and
, and
, and
, and
, and
? SO MANY MYSTERIES.

I am currently stuck on
Mumkhar
Fiora

oh, you're going to have your mind blown when everything is explained at the end. I love your enthusiasm mate, makes me want to relive that summer 2010 again, which I entirely spent on playing Xenoblade

and fucking regret nothing

TheMoon

I've been sitting on it for months.

How do people rate playing with a WiiMote? If I really need a gamepad, I'll order one.

Classic Controller Pro is superior because of right analog stick camera control. The game has zero motion control usage so it's purely a comfort thing.

Top Bottom