• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Karl Hawk

Banned
First off, after giving it a try on a game show (Which happened on Dubai, won't give any more details on that, so don't even ask) few days ago, I'd like to say that Titanfall felt very satisfying to play. The movement and the gameplay mechanics were really interesting

But I have one question though: Is there a good digital deal for the PC version? And is the population still low on PC? I wouldn't mind playing it on Xbox One, but I don't wanna waste a lot of money just for Titanfall. If I'm gonna buy an Xbox One, I'd like to have other games to compliment my investment.

Jito

Banned
Argonomic on PC server disconnects, found on Reddit.
We are still working to get to the bottom of the disconnect issue. It has exposed a vulnerability in the way we host the games. We are improving our crash detection and diagnostics, so we can fix the problem. On the bright side, once we lick this vulnerability we will be able to fix this type of problem very rapidly in the future. That said it would be better if this were already in the past.
Thanks.

Edit: What's with maps from the first map pack never appearing anymore? I've not played Swampland in ages!

Is it just me or does Titanfall look a ton smoother animation and gameplay wise than COD Advanced Warfare?

I look at them side by side, and Titanfall looks unbeliveable fluid in animations, swaps, reloading and everything in between - While COD Advanced Warfare looks speedy but also inconsistent. I'm not an animator, so maybe I am wrong but damn.

I really wanna play Titanfall (PC) but hearing that the PC community is so low is really disheartening.
It's almost like I wish they would monetize it differently.. like with TF2 on Steam. TF2 seems more popular than ever thanks to it's free 2 play entry. I just dont have any idea of how they could save Titanfall and make it really popular. Gameplay wise, it lookks soooo good.

Discobird

PC player on US West servers here, I mainly play Hardpoint, Variety and Attrition. I can always find a reasonably full game for the latter two modes and I can find Hardpoint games during prime time but it can be tough to play Hardpoint during off hours. I don't queue for the other modes enough to say how well populated they are.

Dakota47

Dinged Gen2 today after 17 hours of playing. Really having fun with the game. I really don't care about the matchmaking problems tbh. Getting paired opposite of higher gens means you learn the game faster. The first hours were quite tough, but the game clicked with me soon enough. Plus it's always fun, either if you win or lose. I haven't enjoyed a shooter this much since TF2.

Jito

Banned
Just had two disconnects in a row after one game each time. Strange no one from Respawn has stepped up to talk about these issues publicly. Guess they did say the other week they are moving on already and dropping support, didn't think it'd be so soon and before the final DLC.

Edit: Hah and another one! It's impossible to play the game for long sessions now, you can get 3 games out of a lobby at most.

Obscured

How is Titanfall these days? I've got sucked into Metro 2033 and now Destiny. Planning on jumping back over at some point, but game time is getting tough.

Rayme

re: Server Disconnects

Jito asked in a PM, but yes we're aware that something is up with some disconnects happening right as lobbies transition to the next map. We'll know more very soon.

Tomash

How is Titanfall these days? I've got sucked into Metro 2033 and now Destiny. Planning on jumping back over at some point, but game time is getting tough.

Gen1 players are now everywhere, and they're mostly kids. You also get to enjoy freezes, hard freezes, and disconnects in lobbies. Pilot Skirmish is slower paced than CoD: Ghosts. Game is even "dead-er" in morning after the release of Destiny. Wait for next patch/DLC.

It'd be nice if they gave us an indicator of how many people are in each playlist.

Not having an issue finding matches in Attrition on PC, they can take awhile to fill but it's not the end of the world.

Luckily I haven't had the DC errors others are talking about but I'm only playing a few matches a night.

The core of this game is still awesome and I'm looking forward to what they do to build upon it in T2.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
YES!!!!

1400/1400

Fucking ridiculous "I Killed Them All" Achievement. Luckily no one in Australia with all the DLC plays Pilot Skirmish so I got into a 1 v 1 Lobby. Guy had voice, asked if he was happy to let me get the achievement.

BOOM

Returned the favour in the next match. FUCK that achievement.

Now I await the next map pack.

Bydobob

I didn't get disconnected once tonight, is it too early to declare it fixed?

Played a lot lately to reach gen 10 level 50 and one thing has become apparent: Smart Pistol is becoming an epidemic. It's like a collective mindshare as to who can be the most annoying with it. It cheapens the experience and masks the ability of players, can we have a dunces hat icon or something for players that use it?

Gen 9 has made me fully appreciate how much the Hemlok sucks. Underpowered to start with, it then has a very noticeable damage drop-off at medium range. At short range you're stuck with slow burst intervals and can't get shots away quick enough. G2A4 is a much more effective and flexible weapon.

Another thing I noticed from my Gen 9 grind is how much better the Kraber is at being a shotgun than a sniper rifle. Surely not the point of this weapon. Players move too fast and without hit scan (not to mention lag) landing across the map is like pin the donkey.

Match-making is still pretty good, with shorter waiting times. I'm happy.

Ketch

Bought this game today for $20. I played for a couple hours, got to level 15. Didn't have any problems finding full games, but there were a couple times when the teams were stacked pretty hard. Like one or two high G level guys vs a couple total noobs. I also got disconnected a couple times too, but I was always able to just join another game no problem.

I forgot how much I hate that you have to unlock everything in these games. I'm still having fun though.

I really enjoyed my time with the game but haven't played in months on PC.

I think the main reason I stopped was the DLC. I didn't get the season pass and kind of felt like I was being separated from everyone else. Splitting up the player base is never a good thing and I just kind of lost interest. Maybe I'll buy the pass once it's all out but it might be too late by then.

I also would have really liked a mercenary playlist but I'm not sure they really have the activity to support that game type.

I buckled and got Destiny cuz my friend really wanted to play. Doing the PVP a lot lately, level 20 Hunter.

I should be back to Titanfall shortly cuz it's just a better experience. I can't stand the delayed aspect of everything you do in Destiny. The "weight" they apply to you is obnoxious as hell. Why the hell do i have to feel like a cumbersome retard on screen?

Thank you Respawn, ex dudes from infinity ward in making your movement and player abilities fluid and smooth as hell.

Jito

Banned
Hey y'all, been quiet on here lately! Where's everyone gone? (I've been on Destiny).

So today's post is about those promised Nvidia performance updates from months ago? Nvidia just had a big conference or something showing off tons of games they're supporting in the future, with no sign at all of Titanfall.

Does this mean it's never going to happen?

Was it ever going to happen?

Argonomic

I really enjoyed my time with the game but haven't played in months on PC.

I think the main reason I stopped was the DLC. I didn't get the season pass and kind of felt like I was being separated from everyone else. Splitting up the player base is never a good thing and I just kind of lost interest. Maybe I'll buy the pass once it's all out but it might be too late by then.

I also would have really liked a mercenary playlist but I'm not sure they really have the activity to support that game type.

Didn't make Merc playlist because parties are usually only 2 or 3 people, which is handled by the team mixing between rounds. The occasional big party isn't worth the match making cost to address.

That said, it can still be improved.

Ketch

Just had my best match yet. 17/0 with 5 titan kills to boot.

I find that the movement abilities put the single fire/burst fire longer range weapons at a disadvantage. If anybody ever gets close you're really f'd.

Any tips for fighting bunny hopping smart pistol and satchel charge guys?

Shotguns and stim. The distance required for the smart pistol is about perfect range for the shotgun. Gotta be quick though. Once you know they're using the smart pistol just hit stim while they are locking.

If they are satcheling, and you don't have electric smoke, just use stim as you are exiting your titan and run straight out. You'll be far enough out from the titan that they cant hit you with the charge. Now they are fighting you and your titan.

Shotguns and stim. The distance required for the smart pistol is about perfect range for the shotgun. Gotta be quick though. Once you know they're using the smart pistol just hit stim while they are locking.

If they are satcheling, and you don't have electric smoke, just use stim as you are exiting your titan and run straight out. You'll be far enough out from the titan that they cant hit you with the charge. Now they are fighting you and your titan.

Is that PC? No one uses the shotty on console.

Yeah it's on PC.. surprised that people don't use shotties.

Too hard to aim while using controller?

Smart pistol users put themselves at ideal range for the shotgun.

Alx

I agree that it didn't feel like people were abusing shotgun or smartgun on Xbox, most people rather play longer range weapons.
As a pilot I rarely die because of satchels either (unless they're mine :p), maybe it is the case when I'm in a Titan but I couldn't tell.

Discobird

Any tips for fighting bunny hopping smart pistol and satchel charge guys?

Speaking as a PC player, the best primaries for fighting smart pistols are probably the shotgun, CAR w/ Counterweight or another smart pistol. You want a weapon that's good from the hip to beat a smart pistol user. Any decent SP user will be jumping around like mad while you're shooting them, and firing from the hip makes it easier to hit them because you can move your body more to minimize their relative motion and you're not stuck with the zoom from aiming down the sights. Moving also potentially gives you the option to break line of sight if you sense that you're at a disadvantage, which might happen if the SP user got the jump on you, you missed the first few shots, or another enemy shows up. Very important to break line of sight ASAP when that happens (even more important than your choice of weapon). On that note, if you have the choice of jumping over an obstacle or falling down in order to break line of sight, falling down is usually faster, but a lot of people don't think to do that. And if you're jumping off a rooftop to get away, you don't literally need to press jump--just run over the edge. Pressing jump keeps you exposed to the enemy longer and might get you killed (I still catch myself doing it all the time though... bad habit).

Cloak and stim both increase the TTK of the SP, but I really like active radar pulse. It's generally great for situational awareness, and you can often tell from the orange skeletons whether someone is using a pistol of some sort or not (they have different animations from the two-handed weapons, most noticeable when they're jumping).

Yeah it's on PC.. surprised that people don't use shotties.

Too hard to aim while using controller?

Smart pistol users put themselves at ideal range for the shotgun.
The mobility on PC is a lot greater i think that's why. On console people tend to stop moving, strafe and shoot rather than bounce about.

They talked about an announcement they are "not allowed to talk about yet" in some weeks, what could that be?

link?

Izuna

Banned
Thursday DLC will be Titanfall's final chance to finally be as fun as it was when it launched :( if matchmaking sucks again, I can't bring myself to go back to it.

It's the game I played most this entire year and loved so much. :(

Izuna

Banned
No new Achievements is a good thing for me. I can go straight to Attrition without feeling like a completionist.

Made it to LV28 in destiny, and Titanfall is far better, but having a single player mode matters a lot when I'm playing to relax.

Top Bottom