• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN/PS+ server issues

Hindle

Banned
It will be interesting to see how PSN copes when the likes of Cod, AC, GTA hit. Since the PS4 is the preferred place to play multiplatform games, then the service is going to take a hell of a battering.

They need to get better, especially as gamers now pay.

My problem with PSN on PS4 even when they fix this issue is how slow it is to send and receive messages almost all the time. Getting messages on PS3 was almost instant but now on PS4 getting new messages to load takes about 30 seconds to a min sometimes even longer if it has a screenshot with it. It's so damn annoying.

Cyborg

I sent a message to a friend.....1 minute later I got a pop up "your message has been sent" such a delay

Usually I'm never annoyed by outages/maintenance but not being able to download games to my new PS4 I bought is incredibly annoying. My other works fine, as it should, but not being able to connect with the new one is killing my excitement.

With the amount of threads about the incompetence of PSN just this week alone, I decided to make this thread where all server issues can be discussed instead of having a new thread every other day.

I personally, along with many of you, have been affected by these problems. There are days when my PS4's UI doesn't function. The messages, trophies, friends list won't load, everything is wonky.

Here's to hoping Sony fixes the problem now that we are paying for PSN.

Alternative to fixing the problem

I had same problem as you do. I just rebuilt database and all problems were gone: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/~/ps4:-safe-mode

I'm in the UK. Tonight's random PSN fuck up ?. Can't bring up the playstation store. I really am considering switching my plan to play multiplats on playstation / PSN and buying an xbox one to play them on Live. When I had my 360, Live was stable and solid at all times. Something the PSN has never been IMO.

Edited to add. Just checked; no destiny for me tonight then...... "PSN says no......"

Add me now to the list of people with a crawling UI. I can get to everything super fast but nothing loads. Friends list, notifications, party, etc. all take forever or just don't show up at all.

And I just realized today there's no way to see a list of recent players I've played with? The recent option only shows parties I've been in. PSN is just such a piece of shit overall.

Steel

Banned
I remember a week ago getting a message sent to me from a friend. I get the pop-up almost immediately, I get the message a couple days later.

Nesther

I remember a week ago getting a message sent to me from a friend. I get the pop-up almost immediately, I get the message a couple days later.

It's actually easier/faster to read messages on my PS phone app, rather than the built in PS4 messaging system. Silly really.

darknil

So, I don't know if anyone has this problem but I'm having a real hard time with the downloads. It just keeps on failing at the beginning. Only solution is to retry a bunch of times until it decides it wants to download something.

I have not been able to get any of the online stuff in DRIVECLUB to work for me, just started avoiding playing it until I can get online I am missing most of the features for face-offs and all the DriveClubGAF watching

I have not been able to get any of the online stuff in DRIVECLUB to work for me, just started avoiding playing it until I can get online I am missing most of the features for face-offs and all the DriveClubGAF watching

This has nothing to do with PSN. Driveclub has some bad coding and the game is DDoS'ing their own servers.

siah

Banned
It will be interesting to see how PSN copes when the likes of Cod, AC, GTA hit. Since the PS4 is the preferred place to play multiplatform games, then the service is going to take a hell of a battering.

They need to get better, especially as gamers now pay.

I don't get why they are preferred. Their online service is consistently shit.

Grinchy

Banned
Is anyone having trouble today? It could just be Time Warner screwing up for me again but I'm getting kicked out of PSN and out of Destiny over and over again.

Bollocks

Nah, just slow as hell.
Inviting friends to a party takes like 30sec, wtf
I do had problems with Destiny today when it would return me to the orbit every now and then

Has anyone experienced problems in the past several days? I haven't.

Kind of makes me wonder if that downtime a week ago was to improve servers or add more. Hopefully that's the case, because they're going to have several million new consoles logging onto the PSN in the coming months.

Bollocks

Guess what it's fucking down again.

Just as we gathered to play with friends
We're all adults, it's hard enough to get everyone together and when we manage, PSN is down.
This is the 3rd time since the Destiny release where PSN denied us a nice gaming evening.

I swear PSN is a fucking piece of shit.

Haven't turned my system on in over a week. Turn it on, download the new update, system reboots and such, can't log in to buy a game. What the fuck am I paying for?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
PSN down again.. Guess where I live

HjADjsj.png

Daffy Duck

Related?

Anyone else having issues with ios and the app not loading the auth page?

The app is saying sign in but when I click the page the page fails to load.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Just having breakfast and had a notification that I received a friend request. Start the app. Can't connect to server. Australia.

Sweet Ivy

Was playing Destiny's Weekly Nightfall and got disconnected, now I can't log int to PSN anymore... (I was disconnected several times, but this one just kicked me out of anything and won't let me back in).
Keep getting this error: NW-31194-8

My buddy though is in (same room, same router...)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
how are they getting away with this every fucking time??

hank_tree

We are getting to the stage where we need a sticky at the top of the forum informing us of the status of PSN.

Hint: it's always fucking down.

Trevelyon

I've said it before, say it again. Sony's absolutely atrocious online service will continue to undo their positive PS4 momentum. Like a concrete block attached the ankles.

Wasn't anywhere near this bad when I had my PS3

What happened Sony?

Just completed a survey for them too that was in my email that compared it against Xbox Gold

I pretty much slated it compared to Xbox

Mugatu

I can't access the store at the moment - maybe it's updating but I just get a blank screen, no error or anything.

EDIT: And after about a minute of trying I got signed out and can't sign back in.

Top Bottom