• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EW: 'Halo 2' shows revamped cinematics in new trailer

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/halo-2-trailer-exclusive-comparisons/#more-313500

Direct link to the trailer (the article has a few comparison videos though): http://bcove.me/tajlkv0z

While Halo: The Master Chief Collection combines the first edition of Halo with the following editions up through Halo 4, the game receiving the biggest overhaul among them is Halo 2, which celebrates its 10th anniversary on Nov. 9. The game has been given a complete visual facelift courtesy of Halo developers 343 Industries, and to complement their work, the studio brought in an industry stalwart to redo the game’s cinematic cutscenes.
Below, watch the exclusive debut of a Halo 2 trailer highlighting some of the work done for the game by visual effects outfit Blur Studios. The studio, which has done similar work on just about every major series in gaming, from Star Wars to Far Cry to the Batman: Arkham games, completely upgraded every memorable scene from the original Halo 2.

WOW. Blur does some amazing work.

Thanks to chugen for the gif
nUQgLvD.gif

Spades

They're glorious. You can also switch from old to new on the fly as you watch them, which is pretty neat.

Trey

I thought you were saying "ew". Had a slight fright that we'd have another Lord Hood face situation.

Out of interest, why have they decided to do cutscenes like that? Won't there be a massive disconnect between gameplay graphics and cutscene graphics?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Jesus, thats... a huge level of improvement. I assume they haven't done the same for Halo 3 so the comparison is gonna be kinda hilarious?

iFirez

Speechless. The Arbiter reminds me a lot of how the previous Elite to take the title of The Arbiter, looked in the Halo Wars Cinematics. Blur always seems to give Elites this powerhouse animation, more so than we'd seen in Halo before, I love it.

My wish was granted too, seeing clips from my favourite cutscene (Gravemind) really sent chills down my spine. I'm just waiting for that close up when he says "I have listened, through rock and metal and time..." I love that line so much.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
These cinematics are just ridiculously good. Blur's got some talented folks.

JonCha

I honestly wasn't sold on them before as they just seemed like a huge vanity project, but watching the trail I think they look good. I'm not quite as blown away as everyone else though.

Pit

Please make a feature film blur, finally a studio has shown what a halo movie could look like and it is glorious.

Toa TAK

Banned
Gravemind and Delusions of Grandeur are my most eagerly anticipated cutscenes to see.

I love Halo 2's story (minus the horrid cliffhanger of course).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
nope just for H2A

Damn. Kinda hard to see how they'd justify a H3A now then, bit of a shame really.

Maybe another collection with H3A and tarted up for Xbone ODST and Reach?

Chief looks too skinny. 0/10

In all seriousness, looks amazing. Can't fucking wait for this game. Blur are gods confirmed. I'm so glad to hear Michael Wincott's voice again.

That remake of 'Impend' at the start sounds so amazingly epic. The Halo 4 and Legends tracks afterwards just seemed out of place. They need to work on their trailer-editing skills though. :lol

Top Bottom