• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCV: Xbox One sells 1 million units in the UK; Out-selling PS4 for 3 weeks in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.
3QXSFCr.png

Xbox One has smashed the one million sales barrier in the UK, MCV can reveal.

It’s hit this number after out-selling PlayStation 4 for three weeks in a row, UK retailers have told us.

The resurgence in Xbox One sales has come on the back of a number of blockbuster game launches, including Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
“We’re seeing fantastic momentum with Xbox One having sold almost 10 million units to retailers worldwide,” said Xbox UK marketing director Harvey Eagle.

“This momentum is reflected in the UK, particularly over the last three weeks, which is extremely encouraging as we approach the Christmas shopping period. People buy consoles to play the best games, and Xbox One is home to the best games. Halo: The Master Chief Collection is one of the highest rated next-gen console games released, Sunset Overdrive is the highest rated new franchise on any next-gen console and Forza Horizon 2 is the highest rated driving game on any next gen console.
Via MCVUK

gtj1092

Good deal. So is that up till today or when we got the report on Monday.

Will also be interested to see how this thread goes. Usually euro sales threads get ignored.

Raist

Banned
So that's 78 days later than PS4. Not too bad.

Also, I guess Resogun doesn't count :p

edit: can't count lolz

MilkyJoe

Every time a price crash happens or some stupidly priced bundle is announced, my missus looks at me and gives me that "you daft cunt" look for buying last year... Fiddle sticks...

Zedox

Competition baby. All this does (in the long run) is going to make Sony push the PS4 more, which will push MS...and we gamers win in the end.

Gurish

Sony seriously needs to wake up and be competitive both in prices and software, their launch momentum seems to not hold anymore.

liger05

Good news for MS and considering there still seems to be plenty 360 gamers who have yet to move on there is room for more growth.

Am happy with my PS4 but the XB1 is really getting good 1st party software.

Id love for both consoles to get to a point where one month ps4 wins, another x1 wins.

Having sony and ms fight for my dollars is a great thing.

V_Ben

Banned
Amazing stuff. They've really pulled out all the stops over here, along with retailers chucking in games like crazy.

SmokyDave

Good on 'em, man. They're definitely putting in work and it's paying off for 'em.

I credit the Halo: MCC advert with at least 300k of those sales, it's a great ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom