• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bought my first 2k game since 2k11. How do people put up with the bulls***

When I tried 2k14 through ps plus I thought it played very sluggish. I only found enjoyment out of the games flopping mechanic. I then went back to play my old GameCube bball games like live 06 and nba street v3

It so freaking ridiculous how bad your teammates are. They can't score, can't play defense, and are incapable of grabbing rebounds. And that micro transaction is complete nonsense. I must admit that I bought vc because I became aggravated at my career and playing my park where a lot of people wrecked my team. Seeing this thread makes me regret falling for 2k's plan.

Is it my connection or does 2k severs suck donkey balls? Lag and losing connection to servers happened quite a few times to me.

Megatron

I picked this up on bf for $24 and I think I am going to return it(unopened). Just not feeling the drive to try it.

charsace

Another thing that is stupid is the missed layups. I put a ton of points into inside scoring and athletic ability and my guy misses layups all day, even open layups. Meanwhile some end of the bench guy on the enemy ai team hits contested layups all day.

I think it's pretty easy to get VC. I don't really play MY Career though. So I can see how it's frustrating if your only playing that mode. You get VC for every game mode.

Cheddahz

Banned
2K11 is still the magnum opus of the 2K series. I did get 2K15 through a Black Friday deal and I couldn't deal with how "off" the game felt

I'm probably going to go with Live next year

charsace

2K11 is still the magnum opus of the 2K series. I did get 2K15 through a Black Friday deal and I couldn't deal with how "off" the game felt

I'm probably going to go with Live next year

2k11 was their best game for sure. Before they patched it to make iso easier and jump shooting harder.

charsace

This the last time 2k gets a penny from me. Everything effects you much more and the AI gets a boost and the AI cheats by messing with your controller and the games have scripted events. I really don't understand how this shitty game scores so well year and and year out. New engine my ass.

What is the most I can get for trading in 2k?

3 games on the Pacers and blown out all three times. Missing all my open layups on my way to shooting 25% in each game and my team shooting 20%. This game is broken and made so that you spend money on vc. I can see each time when the game is going to straight up cheat and bullshit me. Its like a game from the 80's where you can see the bullshit coming, but you can't stop it.

shpankey

not an idiot
Was hoping to get 2k15 for Christmas on PS4 as I quite enjoy the (free psn version) 2k14 PS3 version. However, it does cheat, literally cheat, quite badly.

They continually prevent you from jumping on offensive rebounds. Literally, you can NOT jump for the ball. The blown layups on occasion (though I circumvent this by just slam dunking it if the player can). Having players step out of bounds mid animation. Some serious rubber-band AI and too many other minor ones to list.

Having said all of that, it's still A LOT of fun! But it's frustrating just how much better it could be if they didn't have evil A.I. programmers at 2k.

Still no basketball game, imo, is as fun as NBA Inside Drive for the Xbox. Arcadey for sure, but oh so fun! I also loved Slam-N-Jam on the 3DO. It had brilliant jump shooting. If you were open, it went in... if contested or a bad shot, it wouldn't. Pure, simple rock-paper-scissors AI logic meant you could be lethal from mid-range and it was up to YOU to play the defense which could lead to you shutting a team down for awhile (if you had skill). My longest time with not allowing a single bucket was 9 minutes in a 10 min quarter.

Grief.exe

Sports fans are like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty fans. They will slop up whatever garbage these companies throw out every year to satisfy their habit.

Nothing will ever change as long as these franchises continue to sell.

Beautiful game, but everything you said is completely true and this series has turned into such a piece of crap. I didn't even want 2K15 for $29 and I'm a huge basketball fan.

shpankey

not an idiot
I hate the way 2K controls. It always feels like I'm controlling my players with a 1 second delay.

Because of the animation heavy scripting. It seems like I'm always in an animation of some sort and can't break out of it... even when my player is heading straight out of bounds. I have to sit there and watch helplessly as he goes out of bounds. It's why I love Inside Drive still so much, you can instantly break-out of any animation and regain control immediately. This is absolutely CRITICAL to a sports game, or else you end up with what you've experienced... a "disconnected" feel to the game, or in your case, a lag or poor latency feel that makes it appear as there's a delay to all of your input. Because quite literally, there is. You are waiting on an animation to finish.

Until 2k learns this (never will), it will always be style over gameplay, despite how cool they initially look, animations are the BANE of all sports gaming. Yet you will hear developers constantly touting adding even more and more of them, as a selling point!

I don't need another animation... I need f'ing control of my players!

theWB27

The first year I skipped 2K since Dreamcast. It's a shame too...they make a fun game, but the basic mechanics of the game are so far gone it's not even funny.

I actually didn't buy a single sports game this year.

beasty

Mycareer does suck because of how crappy your teammates are. But mygm and myteam are some of the most fun I've had playing a basketball game. This is a good simulation basketball game once you figure out the steep learning curve.

The biggest problem with the game is the animations. When I run a pick and roll the animation forces the guy that was once rolling to the rim to slide 3 point line. Then I have a center standing at the 3 point line because of the stupid ball receiving animation.

charsace

Patch for the x1 has been released. Game is still broken horse shit.

A lot of the jumpers still don't work. Awesome. Can't even pick the jump shot animation that I want.

Top Bottom