• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bought my first 2k game since 2k11. How do people put up with the bulls***

charsace

Seriously?

The game fucking cheats so bad in my career. Fucking blows. You have to play on HOF if you want to level your player up because 2k wants you to spend money on VC on top of buying the damn game. Can't put fucking figure tap on your player without VC. So this means you have to sit through your teammates blowing every open layup and the enemy ai hitting the same contested layups and 10 -12 foot jumper over and over and over and over again to the tune of them shooting 60% from the field. Meanwhile you generate open layups for your team and they shoot 42%.

I am on the wolves with Pek on my team and for some reason he blows every open layup I create for him. Pek who is a killer around the rim in real life. In 2k he is shooting 43% from the field for me and blows all his open layups. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE. Meanwhile Robin Lopez hits contested turn around 12 footers all day against me whenever I play the blazers. I could understand if it was LMA, but Lopez? Give me a fucking break 2k.

Rebounding has gotten worse than what happened in 2k14. I'm gonna start recording it and put together a compilation because someone has to shame 2k ass for this shit. I'm mean tar and feather they ass and walk the devs through Time Square, lead by gimp collars. Though sadly video won't be able to capture the game cutting off the rebound button when you have a guy boxed out for an easy rebound and your player just doesn't jump. Rebounding is more like a qte that is heavily in the enemy ai favor.

On offense teammates fucking you over is worse than ever. Teammates stepping into your driving lanes, not cutting when they are wide open, or catching the ball for an easy basket only to do some stupid triple spin to allow defenders to recover is plentiful this year.

I got stupid this year and bought 2k after not doing so for years and the game is seriously worse than ever. Lord baby jesus 2k fix the fucking ai. Just look to improve it in one of the upcoming iterations. Because your fucking game cheats more than quarter guzzlers NBA JAM, Run and Gun, Arch Rivals ever did.

The Argus

I gave up on career mode in the 2K games. I literally only play it for couch multiplayer. The amount of hoops you have to jump through and time you have to grind just isn't fun.

BONDO

2K has been trash for years
Still reviews highly for some reason...maybe cause its really the only option

Novoitus

Banned
2K has been trash for years
Still reviews highly for some reason...maybe cause its really the only option

Madden's the only option for NFL games and has had fairly low reviews for a while.

NBA 2k series has a level of quality that most sports games don't.

Are you on Xbox One or PS4? I ask because the last patch that came out (it's been released on PS4, but no where to be found on Xbox One yet) addressed the shooting percentages of your AI teammates. I have found them to be much better than they were pre-patch. I play on the Magic, and I probably only see 1 missed open layup per game now vs the 5+ I saw pre-patch.

HariKari

NBA 2K has been the best reviewed basketball game for years surely you've missed something here.

Everything he said about MyCareer is true. It's designed around microtransactions. You basically have to be the superhero for your team because the teammate AI is so bad, especially at interior defense.

Everything he said about MyCareer is true. It's designed around microtransactions. You basically have to be the superhero for your team because the teammate AI is so bad, especially at interior defense.

There is also the option of using the MyNBA2K15 app for VC. I have 87,000 VC banked right now just from logging in once a day to get the bonus. It would be better if we didn't have to worry about VC in MyCareer, but it's a viable option to earn enough to level your guy up without ever having to pay for anything.

charsace

Are you on Xbox One or PS4? I ask because the last patch that came out (it's been released on PS4, but no where to be found on Xbox One yet) addressed the shooting percentages of your AI teammates. I have found them to be much better than they were pre-patch. I play on the Magic, and I probably only see 1 missed open layup per game now vs the 5+ I saw pre-patch.

Xbox one. They need to just straight up overhaul some things. Cut scene like rebounding needs to go.

They need to do something about making the animations tighter. The length of the animations sometimes completely messes with the overall flow of everything and makes the animations pop around alot or makes your character slide all over the court. Or you will run 100mph out of bounds but stop suddenly, hitting some sort of barrier simply because you had a certain animation running at the time.

They should go to hand-drawn animations and forget motion capture as with motion capture its harder to get the animations to flow together well without looking janky.

NBA 2K12 did a good job with being able to run set plays on the floor. Haven't played 2K14 enough to really tell if it was the same system but it didn't seem to be. I was able to play basketball like the real deal on 2K12 thanks to the very well done play calling system.

And yeah from what I've played of 14 the rebounding is pretty shit. I had much more success using the right analog stick to shoot then I did with using face buttons as well. You seemed to make more shots if you did a move beyond just standard, placement triggered shot

I haven't bought one since 2k11 either. To me, none of the 2k games haven't matched up to it other than the graphic improvements. 2k12 was decent, but they've gone downhill since.

Bgamer90

Banned
Madden's the only option for NFL games and has had fairly low reviews for a while.

NBA 2k series has a level of quality that most sports games don't.

Both games have similar metacritic scores (low 80s).

NBA 2K's transition to this current gen hasn't been that great IMO (outside of the leap in graphics).

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
NBA 2K has been the best reviewed basketball game for years surely you've missed something here.

Reviewers get fooled by shiny graphics all the time.

And its not the best, its the only.

I think the game is garbage.

I bought 2k15 on black Friday and I can't play it. The update does not install on my ps4. I contacted Sony who said to contact 2k. 3 weeks after my e-mail I get a response saying they fixed the issue...the update still wont install. At least you can play the game!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I still agree about the VC grinding, but the app is super generous this year, as was stated above. I've got 16k banked right now. You can get up to 3000 a day without trying. I average at least 1200 a day.

If you do all the activities you could get up to 4000 VC.

BONDO

Maybe I'm 100% wrong but i notice that people not entirely into basketball find it to be a rather good game.
On the other hand some people like myself that tend to be pretty obsessed with the NBA and basketball in general find it to be pretty lacking. Thats not even talking about shitty online and problems not corrected for a few years now.

They just keep focusing on useless shit.

m_dorian

I got NBA 2k 14 on PS3 free through PS+.
Worst game i played a very long time, a real mess, a frustrating experience. Uninstalled and it was out of my memory but then i read the thread.
Now i am angry again
at least for a couple of minutes.

2k14 has some of the worst AI ever seen in a game. Just absolute shit.
That honor goes to 2k15.

15 will be the last game I buy from 2k for quite some time, they shown they don't care about doing right. They taken features out and then add them back as if they're new.

fhqwhgads

Annualised sports games will always sell tons, there's no avoiding it. The game can be completely and utterly terrible, yet you'll still see it chart topping based solely on brand recognition. People will put up with bullshit simply because it has "NBA" in the title.

The best simulation Sports game this year and on next gen is The Golf Club. I keep telling you guys to really try the game, it is a god send.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I didn't put up with the bullshit, which is why I sold the game. 2K can shove their microtransaction filled pay (more) to play model up their ass.

Sizzle55

On PS4 the patch arrived for me yesterday and seems to gave helped heaps. Also it finally got Australian servers! Until yesterday My Park was unplayable but last night it worked pretty well.

I do agree with everything you said OP, but definitely grab the app, daily bonus, daily pick and win and play the my team game and VC isn't an issue, agreed you shouldn't need to but you certainly don't have to pay to get the most out of it.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Is gm mode still the restrictive vc filled piece of garbage it waslast year? I liked the visuals and thought the gameplay was all right when not playing career, but I got most of my enjoyment last gen from having complete control of all player ratings, forcing trades, etc. I loved putting together various scenarios like giving a favorite former college player of mine great potential and ressurect his career for example (I used to like reuniting Mike Conley with a rehabbed Greg Oden, lol).

Sports games in general seem to have been on a mostly downward trend. Madden is much improved this year, but losses something with the way scouting and draft classes operate without NCAA around. Fucked up online all over the place for multiple franchises, and too much awful microstransaction bullshit.

Can someone please explain why the camera in 2K15 seems to be held by a 5 year old on speed?

It pisses me off and it makes me not want to play anymore.

Just give me one view and stop with this dynamic bullshit.

Rflagg

Glad I didn't buy this during the black Friday event season then, at least for me it is somewhat easier to avoid as I have no nba team that I root for since the Sonics left. :(
Sounds like the same problems I have with nba2k12 and a added problem of vc/grinding for upgrades.

charsace

Just went into the off season for the first time. Signed with the Pacers because they were killing. Now I am on the team everyone blows layups and are dumber than a pile of dog shit. Its too bad you can't level well in my park. I would just be playing there if I could.

tookhster

Lately the 2K series has been praised for graphics, animations, and presentation. The gameplay itself has been horrible for years, especially MyCareer mode with its attempt at a "plot", scripted events like players getting injured just so you can get subbed in or you losing a game no matter what just because they want to show your rival mocking you in an un-skipable cutscene. Fuck that shit. Introducing VC also really put the nail in the coffin for me.

NBA 2K14 on current gen was literally a demo to show off pretty graphics, just look at the menu for that game. NBA 2K15 improved with more modes and polish, but the core gameplay is still shit and arguably worse. I'm done with this series until major improvements are made like what 2K11 did last gen.

It's sad because basketball fans really have no choice but to buy these games to be current with the basketball video game scene, especially since 2K cuts their servers for each game like a year or two after release (another bullshit practice). The Live games are decent in some aspects but presentation-wise are nowhere near as talented as 2K to draw in new players, and this allows 2K to just keep recycling the same shit year after year for people to buy.

Just went into the off season for the first time. Signed with the Pacers because they were killing. Now I am on the team everyone blows layups and are dumber than a pile of dog shit. Its too bad you can't level well in my park. I would just be playing there if I could.
Yup

charsace

Just finished a game. My team the Pacers shot 21% from the field Philly shot 60%. Leveling your myplayer is just up setting because you have to play the NBA career to do so.

I would love to see the developers sit down and play a few games of My Career on HOF with a just made my player and see if they look like real NBA games or just nothing but them cheesing. No way in hell can you try to play textbook basketball in any mode against the AI on HOF and win.

7 minute quarters and the Embiid had over 20 boards and Noel had over 10.

ryseing

Annualised sports games will always sell tons, there's no avoiding it. The game can be completely and utterly terrible, yet you'll still see it chart topping based solely on brand recognition. People will put up with bullshit simply because it has "NBA" in the title.

Live doesn't sell well though.

charsace

I need to figure out a way to tank the sales of the next game. Not buying NBA 2k16 isn't enough for me at this point. I feel that these guys shouldn't make money off this crap.

So anyone know how can start a movement to seriously hurt the sales of this franchise?

charsace

The shit that goes down in the Mycareer mode is done to make you play my park and buy some VC to level. The shit I experienced playing this game is fucking madness. I can't think of a game that just straight up cheats the player like 2k does.

random25

I never bothered with NBA 2K games after playing 2K13. It's freakin' messy, especially those weird baseball passes from one end court to another lol. So much for realism that's clunky to control and opponent AI so unfair even if you're against a real-life bad team.

NBA Live 2003 still is the best NBA game I've played. Too bad even EA butchered that series.

Daft Bird

I've gotten tired of of the grinding for VC, I didn't buy a basketball game this year. However I will next year, I might give Live a shot.

Seriously?

I got stupid this year and bought 2k after not doing so for years and the game is seriously worse than ever. Lord baby jesus 2k fix the fucking ai. Just look to improve it in one of the upcoming iterations. Because your fucking game cheats more than quarter guzzlers NBA JAM, Run and Gun, Arch Rivals ever did.

I forgot all about this game. OMG that game is the GOAT of basketball games. I just want w run-n-gun with NBA rosters. 2k has been bad for years to me. But thanks for the run and gun mention. You just brought up so many good memories

Top Bottom