• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Wolfpack rounds do 2400 dmg on top of the 3300 that the impact + explosion does.

HoC does the same impact + explosion and (usually?) one of the MIRV shells will hit for 500.

The cluster is so useless. I think it's treated like a bullet wherein if it doesn't precisely make contact with the enemy it doesn't do any damage. They should be little explosions with their own blast radius.

God damn Bungie. What have you done. Clearing Hard raid without Gjallarhorn may not be possible. It is taking several more rockets to drop Crota's shield.

It takes 3 gjallarhorn rockets from lvl32 to break crota's shield. IMO in order to break his shield and keep them down before they regen, the raid team would need atleast 2 gjallahorn users. Personally I would prefer 4 gjallarhorn rockets to account for lag ..well good thing the heavy ammo glitch is fixed (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

Seriously if Bungie wanted a cheap Raid just give us Valus Tupac, Septic Prime and Fauxgoth all at once with the Unflinching Mind thrown in as the icing. Oh and no cover.

I may have just spoiled Comet. I'm sorry.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
See right now it's not an even playing field
Most MMO dungeon or end game content always tiered you out

Hey guys for the first few tries you will not reach the last part, but guess what?, you'll get gear + loot that will push you to the point where you and the mechanics + level will be fair game

CE NM gave everything away armor wise, HM gives you those same armor drops!, nothing to buff you up to match the level of enemies at play

As much as I was thinking 331 Attack on weapons would be a decent bump and a balancing level, it really is worthless

331 Attack on a Gold Knight level 33, is like shooting a peashooter, I mean a gun like VoC is Good, but with Atheon's Time Vengeance and WoL active, you see roughly 2200+ precision hit from it
Now that same gun can't even muster more than 300 damage per shot and it takes roughly 1.5 clip, yes roughly 40 precision shots to drop 1 FUCKING Gold Knight...

I mean even a goddamn level 30 Praetorian with shield doesn't eat that much bullets

Seibmoz

Ok Gaf anyone wanna join up for Gorgon Maze for a free Exotic Chest on Xbox One join me on Xbox Gamertag: Dr ChadMan. Will be here for about fifteen minutes.

It takes 3 gjallarhorn rockets from lvl32 to break crota's shield. IMO in order to break his shield and keep them down before they regen, the raid team would need atleast 2 gjallahorn users. Personally I would prefer 4 gjallarhorn rockets to account for lag ..well good thing the heavy ammo glitch is fixed (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

Very disappointing to hear. As one who is not blessed to be a vessel of the Horn, I thought I could at least be a valuable contribution to the Raid packing a Hunger of Crota. While not completely useless, I will never be able to feed it with enough Heavy Ammo in a single attempt to be effective for all shield takedowns. This is bullshit.

Really does suck to see so many ppl walk away from this "Hard" raid with an overwhelmingly negative view of it. I was very bothered by the artificial difficultly that bungie is throwing at us from the moment we heard it'd be level 33. My expectations sank into a dark abyss and yet I'm disappointed. I still like the game and plan to continue through at least HoW. However, I have no plans of repeatedly slamming my head against a brick wall for some new loot. I'll run the first 3/4 on hard and settle for a Crota kill on normal until I get a Black Hammer. Then I'll wait for the inevitable light level increase and come back for Crota when its a fair fight and not simply difficult because of cheap limitations put on us by bungie.

R0ckman

Dammit I should have done IB so I could get boots that weren't bugged out of their damn mind.

Aaaaaghhhh this is not a fun challenge, it should not take me 6 precision 331 Ice Breaker shots to down a major night. The hell is wrong with them?

Ugh to think I have another full character to run through this mess. May just get the AR primary and wait til HoW. Where the hell is the Crux?

SkylineRKR

We're one level below. This is something to take into consideration. For Heroic VoG you could gear up to be on level.

This is cheap from the outset. The rest is icing on the cake.

Hive disruptor has been removed from BH. Should just've been a higher crit. Apparently its no priority.

Oversoul buffs, nice. On Normal its useless and on hard you'll better wipe if one dies. This Raid is exactly what I expected. Too easy on Normal, too cheap on Heroic. It started when Normal minimum was raised to 30, I believe original plan was 28 or so. That would've worked with a good Raid, not with these 4 short gauntlets.

Black Hammer. Vex etc should've been more viable than Horn. I have Horn but I rather use Vex or Suros.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Very disappointing to hear. As one who is not blessed to be a vessel of the Horn, I thought I could at least be a valuable contribution to the Raid packing a Hunger of Crota. While not completely useless, I will never be able to feed it with enough Heavy Ammo in a single attempt to be effective for all shield takedowns. This is bullshit.

We've worked out the logistics

You need 3 GHORN rockets fired close together to drop him, in normal it was 2 rockets were enough
We even had it where someone shot it there rocket early and 2 followed it, but he regened up back at least 20+% health when our rockets went off, so he never kneeled from our 2 rockets thus killing the Swordbearer in process

It takes too fucking long to drop Boomers on towers, if you are off with a shot, Wall of Darkness is Insta
Black Hammer/Ice Breaker (up until recently) should be the equalizer, but only a fraction of people have even earned said weapon(s)
Those 2 shine during that part, but when your pumping roughly 4-5 shots of precision, god forbid you miss 1-2 to prolong the agony, the cooldown of that enemy respawning is so fucking small

It's like hey I got used 5 shots on my IB, IB just reached 3 bullets, new Knights already coming...
Usually it was the Nightfalls with no Burns and Juggler that hurt the most, Crota's End Hard Mode final fight at the moment is a NF with No Burns + Juggler + Angry almost the whole time

It really is. There were plenty of times during the 6 hours failed of world's first scrubs attempt at killing crota, that when everyone were low on gjallarhorn rockets, we had person X firing 2 rockets and person Y would fire 1 rocket. Since we were trying to converse rockets as much as we can, the time it takes for the second gjallarhorn rocket from person X to hit Crota, his shields would sometimes be regen already. It could be due to lag or whatever but we had to simultaneously fire 3 gjallarhorn rockets and put in a 4th gjallarhorn rocket to overkill it just to be safe. It pains me typing this, since it puts so much important role around 1 weapon...

R0ckman

We're one level below. This is something to take into consideration. For Heroic VoG you could gear up to be on level.

This is cheap from the outset. The rest is icing on the cake.

Hive disruptor has been removed from BH. Should just've been a higher crit. Apparently its no priority.

Oversoul buffs, nice. On Normal its useless and on hard you'll better wipe if one dies. This Raid is exactly what I expected. Too easy on Normal, too cheap on Heroic. It started when Normal minimum was raised to 30, I believe original plan was 28 or so. That would've worked with a good Raid, not with these 4 short gauntlets.

Even with disrupter it still won't do enough. I was using the MG on a Knight Major, with a fully upgraded one doing crit damage it was still like shooting an AR at it.

I don't see how DeeJ can sleep at night playing these games with the community.

It really is. There were plenty of times during the 6 hours failed of world's first scrubs attempt at killing crota, that when everyone were low on gjallarhorn rockets, we had person X firing 2 rockets and person Y would fire 1 rocket. Since we were trying to converse rockets as much as we can, the time it takes for the second gjallarhorn rocket from person X to hit Crota, his shields would sometimes be regen already. It could be due to lag or whatever but we had to simultaneously fire 3 gjallarhorn rockets and put in a 4th gjallarhorn rocket to overkill it just to be safe. It pains me typing this, since it puts so much important role around 1 weapon...

So much importance on a single... RNG... weapon... FML!

hydruxo

Man...all I can say after numerous hours of trying to beat Crota with several groups of more than competent gaffers is that this shit shouldn't be called hard mode. It should be called Artificial Difficulty Mode. It's doable but it's not even fun, like it's making me want to take a break from Destiny. Give us a chance to get to 33 so we can at the very least be on a level playing field rather than being at a disadvantage until HoW drops.

Screw this game for reals.
5e2f753184991e4a78800a037bd13940.gif
For continuing on the fight
Aww, who will hand out hm gorgon checkpoints next week onward?

take a break, seriously. no game is worth this much stress
Yeah :/ but it was nice playing with you a few days ago! beside that lag :p haha

SkylineRKR

I could see Bungie offering Gjallarhorn tomorrow. I personally hoped for Thunderlord though.

Even with disrupter it still won't do enough. I was using the MG on a Knight Major, with a fully upgraded one doing crit damage it was still like shooting an AR at it.

I don't see how DeeJ can sleep at night playing these games with the community.

Thats another thing then. Oracle disruptor really helped. I played with guys who didn't have it and they just couldn't run a portal. I had to take over their DPS.

That just means Xur will sell G-horn tomorrow.

Said every Xurday eve.

I'm not counting on anything. I wonder how much playtesting Bungie did with different typical loadouts. Surely they had an internal team beat Hard mode without heavy reliance on the Gjallarhorn. Right?!?

joecanada

This is true even on normal, sometimes he just regen shields or rockets glitch or sword dissappear for no reason. You fix that cheese though!

Man...all I can say after numerous hours of trying to beat Crota with several groups of more than competent gaffers is that this shit shouldn't be called hard mode. It should be called Artificial Difficulty Mode. It's doable but it's not even fun, like it's making me want to take a break from Destiny. Give us a chance to get to 33 so we can at the very least be on a level playing field rather than being at a disadvantage until HoW drops.

Been calling shenanigans on the level 33 bs. And now I've cut my list of wants down to 4 pieces of loot (for now). Raid boots for my Hunter, Black Hammer, the CE AR, and the CE Pulse Rifle. Eff your hand cannon...eff your scout rifle...eff your crux...eff your bullet sponge baddies...eff your boss fight...eff you bungie!!!

I used 81 heavy synths today and 0 kills. Pathetic. I'm almost laughing. This is so ridiculous

On another note, I became hard mode swordbearer after only 1 normal attempt/kill and got Crota down to a sliver. Not bad. I just need to say something positive to make myself feel better at this point even though I came 1 sword swing away from killing him about 7 times total today.

Edit: me including my teams. Different swordbearers in the 7 so close attempts.

HunRevan

Tried soloing the abyss with a lvl 31 Hunter. Got to the part of the ogre. Got four rounds of gjalla in it then he looked at me and I was dead.

ocean

Banned
Xur will sell it and then they will nerf it into oblivion.
They could be smart about it. Designing encounters in such a way that the Horn is nearly required but doesn't actually break them is a more sophisticated way of nerfing.

Heroic CE is a first example of what might be their solution to the Horn issue.

I used 81 heavy synths today and 0 kills. Pathetic. I'm almost laughing. This is so ridiculous

On another note, I became hard mode swordbearer after only 1 normal attempt/kill and got Crota down to a sliver. Not bad. I just need to say something positive to make myself feel better at this point even though I came 1 sword swing away from killing him about 7 times total today.

Keep running the sword and you'll consume less Heavy Synth ;)

GutZ31

People put too much weight on Gjallarhorn. It's not *that* good. Everyone shooting hunger of crota should be good.

never-go-full-retard_1271.gif

I can only imagine you are saying this because you do not own said GodtierHorn.

My own brother once told me this; "The Truth Rocket is just as good as the Gallarhorn, so I won't be picking it up from Xur."

I later let him play on my character, and he has been kicking himself ever since.

SkylineRKR

People underrating Horn don't have it indeed. Its ridiculously useful. This weeks Arc Burn? Gjallarhorn makes short work of those Wizards. It does roughly the damage of 3 rockets from another launcher.

Tried soloing the abyss with a lvl 31 Hunter. Got to the part of the ogre. Got four rounds of gjalla in it then he looked at me and I was dead.

Takes 4 or 5 on 32 and its still hard. Depends on where he pops. If hes behind rocks he won't shoot me.

They could be smart about it. Designing encounters in such a way that the Horn is nearly required but doesn't actually break them is a more sophisticated way of nerfing.

Heroic CE is a first example of what might be their solution to the Horn issue.

How is it a solution when a significant portion of the playerbase doesn't have one and is only further marginalized by not having it?

Rsinart

Shame to see so much emphasis on Ghorn in HM. There are parties I get into on normal where I am the only one with that weapon and run through 15+ heavy ammo packs easily. To know that you need 2-3 players with it in order to take down the shield is brutal. I have tried using Hunger on Crota, and the damage between the two is noticeable.

Top Bottom