• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

UV-6

There's a stream on twitch at the moment. Easy to find, just search for the game.

Annnnd it's gone...

Hang on!

Less than 5 hours? That can't be right, can it? PLEASE SAY NO!

Many games can be finished in a quick amount of time depending how you rush through them. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Uncharted games are ~ 5 hours if you skip all cutscenes and know what to do.

Z3M0G

Many games can be finished in a quick amount of time depending how you rush through them. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Uncharted games are ~ 5 hours if you skip all cutscenes and know what to do.
But would we really suspect thats what this guy would have done? Unless he was truly racing to be the first to complete it....

Verendus

Banned
omg guys omg

It took me just over ten hours to finish the game. I'm sure there are some freaks on GAF who'll manage to do a very quick playthrough, but I imagine most of you normal folks are going to fall along where I did.

The tweet in Begaria's post, quoting the lunatic who is actually playing the game and who lives in Denmark apparently, has yet to even finish the game from the looks of it.

Please stop with the mass panic.

But would we really suspect thats what this guy would have done? Unless he was truly racing to be the first to complete it....

Well he already said it took him more than 5 hours. My first Uncharted play took me ~7.

This may end up falling close to that mark too. I've heard there's quite a bit of collectibles in the game so if he didn't do any exploration I'm sure he may have shaved an hour off.

omg guys omg

It took me just over ten hours to finish the game. I'm sure there are some freaks on GAF who'll manage to do a very quick playthrough, but I imagine most of you normal folks are going to fall along where I did.

The tweet in Begaria's post, quoting the lunatic who is actually playing the game and who lives in Denmark apparently, has yet to even finish the game from the looks of it.

rPNCqww.jpg

ced

Basically just saying he didn't earn the first trophy immediately, so the game is more than 5hrs. I doubt it took much more than 1hr to earn the first trophy.

A lot of stupidity going on about this.

Go look at the page, it's an uncommon trophy for one, and the other person who completed the game didn't even get it.

Verendus

Banned
Well he already said it took him more than 5 hours. My first Uncharted play took me ~7.

This may end up falling close to that mark too. I've heard there's quite a bit of collectibles in the game so if he didn't do any exploration I'm sure he may have shaved an hour off.
How is this even possible? What the hell are you?!

2thepoint

omg guys omg

Verendus, friend, please dispense some gaming gossip for us peasants.

It's been a slow news day.

How about RAD joining Sony Worldwide Studios? - seems plausible, going by the link posted for this piece of ''news'' posted a few pages back. ;)

omg guys omg

But, doesn't he have the trophy for completing the game? How would he get that if he didn't finish it?

Dinjooh

omg guys omg

I'm off, I have to find this bloke.

omg guys omg

Sooo.. Is the game good?
I know you won't answer

I understand they didn't add multiplayer because of time and budget constraints. But I'd love something like Killzone: Shadowfall intercept. Imagine you and your friends each controlling a different member of the order, each with different weapons, taking on hordes of Lycans and rebels. I think it could be awesome.

You know. I agree, that does sound awesome. Though I also believe that sometimes games suffer because of other areas working on parts of multiplayer, or that they just were not ready for that aspect yet. I don't expect MP in every game, but is it nice when it's done well and with a franchise you enjoy? Def.

ironcreed

Banned
omg guys omg

hbgfezz.gif

Those four clips? I thought this was supposed to be a shooter...

It's primarily a shooter, yes. But its cinematic presentation means that many things that look like a cutscene (the horse riding, rapelling down the side of the blimp) are actually gameplay.

Verendus

Banned
But, doesn't he have the trophy for completing the game? How would he get that if he didn't finish it?
In the post, he makes it sound like he hasn't completed the game yet. Never mind then.

So here's what you do. I learnt this from Nicolas Cage in Gone in Sixty Seconds. You take his five hours (even though he said it didn't take him five hours), and you take my ten hours (since I'm courageous enough to admit I'm quite the casual), you add them up. That gives you fifteen hours, you then divide by two. That gives you seven and a half hours. Already you're up two and a half hours.

Math.

In the post, he makes it sound like he hasn't completed the game yet. Never mind then.

So here's what you do. I learnt this from Nicolas Cage in Gone in Sixty Seconds. You take his five hours (even though he said it didn't take him five hours), and you take my ten hours (since I'm courageous enough to admit I'm quite the casual), you add them up. That gives you fifteen hours, you then divide by two. That gives you seven and a half hours. Already you're up two and a half hours.

Math.

That's where I'm expecting it to land for myself and I'm totally fine with it

IvorB

Go watch the PSX gameplay for the shooting

Here's 30 minutes if you want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUl7wn-r8o

Cool, man. I'll check that out. Thanks!

It's primarily a shooter, yes. But its cinematic presentation means that many things that look like a cutscene (the horse riding, rapelling down the side of the blimp) are actually gameplay.

Fair enough but it's the shooting I'm mainly concerned about. With the graphics it has, if the shooting's good and it's bug free I will probably bite.

Mifune

Mehmber
omg guys omg

Hot damn. 10 hours is like the sweet spot for this kind of game. Thanks for the confirmation.

Danish Playstation employee must have been playing on Easy.

I believe there is, just going by what Shinobi said that the game length will be determined by what difficulty it is completed on, not 100 percent sure though.
Yah, I just start questioning game completion times when there is no reference to difficulty setting (assuming there is one). It's like the reviewers that blaze through a game to rush a review out, then bash the game due to...length.

viveks86

omg guys omg

Whoa. Jealous! Any impressions you can share?

Hot damn. 10 hours is like the sweet spot for this kind of game. Thanks for the confirmation.

Danish Playstation employee must have been playing on Easy.

Yeah, much obliged there.

I don't rush through games either, so I suspect this will be a 10 hour deal for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom