• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft planning 5 AAA titles for FY16, reconfirms Rainbow Six, new AC & The Division

So we're finally getting Deathrow 2 right

r5ziw.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ahh, thanks. They seem to have been satisfied with prior entry sales so their projection must have always been around 2-3 million each. I wonder why they felt Blacklist would shift 5 million units.

It's kind of an "up or out" issue.

Far Cry had a massive sales explosion with Far Cry 3, going from like the 2-4 million range to the 10+ million range.

They seemed to be hoping for something like that with the increased production values and overhauled design (though less magnitude of change).

The more series Ubisoft gets that are like that however, the harder it becomes to say "We should make Splinter Cell instead of putting these 200 people on a more profitable game like annualizing Far Cry", even if Splinter Cell itself covered its costs.

Similarly they could put them on a new IP with a higher sales potential if Splinter Cell can't get grow anymore.

It's kind of an "up or out" issue.

Far Cry had a massive sales explosion with Far Cry 3, going from like the 2-4 million range to the 10+ million range.

They seemed to be hoping for something like that with the increased production values and overhauled design (though less magnitude of change).

The more series Ubisoft gets that are like that however, the harder it becomes to say "We should make Splinter Cell instead of putting these 200 people on a more profitable game like annualizing Far Cry", even if Splinter Cell itself covered its costs.

Similarly they could put them on a new IP with a higher sales potential if Splinter Cell can't get grow anymore.
Very good points. Portfolio diversity always helps too, to a certain extent though, numbers always talk more. At the very least we'll get another entry in the series soon.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/31/sam-will-be-back-ubisoft-teases-next-gen-splinter-cell/
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/31/43...lanned-for-next-gen-consoles-sam-will-be-back

I'd be very unsurprised if one of them was a Watch Dogs sequel. Were it not for the delay, Watch Dogs would be running on the same schedule that Assassin's Creed did when it was first getting started.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Very good points. Portfolio diversity always helps too, to a certain extent though, numbers always talk more. At the very least we'll get another entry in the series soon.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/31/sam-will-be-back-ubisoft-teases-next-gen-splinter-cell/
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/31/43...lanned-for-next-gen-consoles-sam-will-be-back
Yeah, basically the reception of those who played the game was good enough that they felt it was worth giving another try.

Blacklist had the distinction of being a last-gen game right when everyone was starting to no longer care about last-gen, the baggage of Conviction, and it was kind of ugly outside of the PC version.

If it tanks again when it has a lot more going for it, it will be harder to survive.

I Expect the divsion to get pushed to 2016 and Rainbow Six(Which Im much more excited for at this point) to release fine in the fall. Man Ubisoft has some AWESOME IPs, I Hope these games are good.

BatSu

This

New Assassin’s Creed Game Confirmed for Next Fiscal Year; Will Use AC Unity’s Technology

All i want is ghost recon hd wkth island thunder with MP and splintercell trilogy again BUT with MP.

That is all i want ubisoft, fuck yo new stuff it's arse.

RowdyReverb

I'd be very unsurprised if one of them was a Watch Dogs sequel. Were it not for the delay, Watch Dogs would be running on the same schedule that Assassin's Creed did when it was first getting started.
I could maybe see a WD sequel coming out a year or so from now and squeezing into this fiscal year. I'd be shocked and skeptical if it came out by the end of 2015.

Please make sure Rainbow 6 is great in every way.
I am desperate for a release date and a bit of info about some of the maps.

The map I played at E3 was the same one in the showcase on Twitch. Was basically a penthouses with a basement, two floors and I believe an attic. Multiple rooms upstairs, and walls dividing the stair well into the basement / garage. Theres a wooden stair case that goes up in the middle to the different floors. Alot of people either used the portable shields to wall up a room door or hid behind the concrete under the staircase.

Hostage was randomly spawned. One round she was in a bed room and another she was in the basement.

I repelled to the roof one round, ran across the roof, jumped down to the balcony and blew a hole in the wall with a breach charge and killed three defenders through the wall right off the bat. The game is pretty intense.

The dev who was looking over my shoulder while I was playing was laughing at me cause I was trying to put barb wire in a bath tub because theres a window right outside the bathroom and I wanted to make sure whoever came through got slowed down by the barb wire. It was alot of fun though.

Did Jade Raymond have a lot to do with why Blacklist was so good? I'm worried about the next game, if so.

When I visited their offices before Blacklist came out she was there. She seemed to be on site alot. There was also another woman there who was doing oversight though I forgot her name. I think she was one of the studio managers.

It's rare I buy games nowadays. Last game I bought was killer instinct.

I'll definitely pick up Rainbow Six, fantastic games.

As usual I'll wait untill ass creed is a free game with gold. Last AC game I bought was AC2

Gaz_RB

It had sold 2 million units a few months after launch, no idea what lifetime sales are now. In any case, a new Splinter Cell's been in development for a little while now.

Music to my ears. I hope we see something at E3.

And I hope Rainbow Six comes out sooner rather than later. That game is going to be amazing.

At least 2016 fall. There is a movie in the works.

Whaaat? They have to bring in Ironside as like an adviser or something.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When I visited their offices before Blacklist came out she was there. She seemed to be on site alot. There was also another woman there who was doing oversight though I forgot her name. I think she was one of the studio managers.

I would guess that was either Gordana Vrbanc-Duquet (co-op producer) or Rima Brek (the engine and feature set producer).

antitrop

Rainbow Six should be awesome, but The Division looks like a massive disappointment coming from a mile away.

Much like Watch_Dogs, they announced it way too early and promised what is likely too much.

Dawg

Ashraf Ismail has been teasing his new project on twitter a couple of times, saying he can't disclose what he is working on. Secret project.

This is the Assassin's Creed IV director. Combined with the pirate poll a long tim ago, what are the chances his project is a legit pirate game?

I would guess that was either Gordana Vrbanc-Duquet (co-op producer) or Rima Brek (the engine and feature set producer).

Shorter, heavy set, shorter red or brown hair if I remember correctly. Not one hundred percent sure, im color blind. She might have even been HR or PR. Had to sign waivers for her with NDA dates.

I did meet a very petite girl with short black hair at the time too. I think she was part of the co-op development. Might be one of the women youre talking about.

Rainbow 6
Assassin's Creed London
Assassin's Creed Morocco
Assassin's Creed Sezze
Assassin's Creed Racing
The Division

This made me chuckle for some reason. I don't expect The Division until early 2016 personally, unless something changes this year by E3.

Might one be a new IP? Or a Far Cry spin-off as others have alluded to..

Turkoop

Banned
Ashraf Ismail has been teasing his new project on twitter a couple of times, saying he can't disclose what he is working on. Secret project.

This is the Assassin's Creed IV director. Combined with the pirate poll a long tim ago, what are the chances his project is a legit pirate game?

I dont think he will make a AC in a pirate setting again, maybe something new, New IP ?!

If there were two games I don't want them to fuck up, it's probably The Division and R6. I have a feeling The Division is going to be a downer though :(.

Blobbers

I hope they take their time with Far Cry 5 because 4 was too reminiscent of its predecessor. Unless they have a 2-team thing going on and the game's been in development for some time now.

Turkoop

Banned
If they release the new AC, Division and R6 in October/November - well thats too much of goodness.
They should delay Division into spring, better for us, because in November there's still Uncharted and Star Wars

I hope they take their time with Far Cry 5 because 4 was too reminiscent of its predecessor. Unless they have a 2-team thing going on and the game's been in development for some time now.

Ubisoft is notorious for letting different internal studios work on different portions of their games. Reflections, Redstorm and Massive are all working on The Division.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if one of them is Far Cry 5. Which is too bad, because I'm pretty exhausted by the formula after playing 3 and 4 within the past year. If they don't take their time with the next one and change things up considerably, I'll probably pass.

Top Bottom