• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norcal Regionals 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - April 3rd - 5th

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
[Best viewed in white theme, made for white theme]

ideaWDvRRd6pF.jpg

☀ The biggest Northern California fighting game tournament is set for April 3rd to 5th this year at the Holiday Inn in Sacramento Capitol Plaza.
Streaming live this weekend for all viewers. Official site

☀ Streams
ibkEldrsu4Yw1S.png
ibtsUQwCG57ZDx.png
i5xnpmfDuSLdL.png

Link to Capcom Fighters
Link to TeamSp00ky
Link to IPlayWinner
Multitwitch link to all streams

☀ Schedule

☀ Games

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Smash bros Melee
Project M
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
King of Fighters XIII
Uniel
Blazblue CP
Killer Instinct
Dead or Alive 5
Guilty Gear Xrd
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Smash Bros. 4.

☀ Misc
• NCR2015 is a
i3uP5QkoBVuVM.png
event. Points will be awarded.

• GAF's own Professor Beef was going to go but he's scared of his boss.

jbug617

Banned
Notable International Players attending (USF4):

Gamerbee
Fuudo
Daigo
Kazunoko
Ex Pugera
Infiltration
Momochi
Pongko
Bonchan

El Sloth

Banned
I'm just reposting the schedule to test the forum's auto re-sizing feature; don't mind me

ib1gfqVHPRmvXG.png

Edit: cool, so you actually can click it to make it full resolution too.

This probably wouldn't work as well with a longer image though, like say a comic book page

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I won't be able to watch Ultra can of how late its gonna stream and I gotta wake up dead early in the day to get to work ;_;

At least there's Mahvel for almost the entire day on Spooky and IPW

pixelish

This and the Korean tournament on the same weekend, should be glorious.

Really hope Daigo does well :/

idk why you're so excited for the korean tournament. i don't think any big names are going considering there are two other big events happening this weekend (ncr and hypespotting in scotland).

BadWolf

idk why you're so excited for the korean tournament. i don't think any big names are going considering there are two other big events happening this weekend (ncr and hypespotting in scotland).

They had an excellent KOF tournament last year.

BadWolf

well this year will be pretty tame. no $10k for winning KOF and no top players will be there.

Cafe Id will be there and so will Luis Cha from Mexico, not sure who else but those at the very least should make things fun. A few others like Misterio and some from Europe may make it as well.

just for the count, numbers for all games (not counting onsite registration if they have it):

Ultra Street Fighter IV-231
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U-117
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3-88
Super Smash Bros. Melee-69
Guilty Gear Xrd-50
Project M-30
Under Night In-Birth-26
Super Street Fighter II Turbo-24
The King of Fighters XIII-22
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike-15
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma-13
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax-12
Killer Instinct-12

can't find Dead or Alive 5

BadWolf

Are those KI numbers the norm for tournaments? Kind of sad to have it be at EVO with those entrant numbers.

K.Sabot

Lol that anime schedule.

Actually every game stream schedule that isn't SF4. Seems like a boring view if you don't care about Ultra.

Lol that anime schedule.

Actually every game stream schedule that isn't SF4. Seems like a boring view if you don't care about Ultra.

Can't blame them. People need to show up. Even Ultra didn't get a lot of players compared to FR. I'm guessing the east coast didn't really travel as much as the west coast did last time around. It's a good thing there are so many great players though.

Sayad

Notable International Players attending (USF4):

Gamerbee
Fuudo
Daigo
Kazunoko
Ex Pugera
Infiltration
Momochi
Pongko
Bonchan
Even though 32 players can qualify to Capcom cup this year, it seems like qualifying is going to be much harder than last year's!

Baleoce

So annoyed that the broadband isn't set up in my new place yet. Really didn't want to miss NCR. I'll try and watch it on 3g at mobile quality, but it's not quite the same. Either way, it should be pretty hype. Lots of great players.

Top Bottom