• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norcal Regionals 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - April 3rd - 5th

I'm sure it'll get plenty of plugs in here with such an anemic 3-day schedule for NCR.

HS and NCR are in wildly separate time zones. 3PM here is, what, 7AM in Cali?

What I mean is that when NCR will be on, HS probably will not be. Plus HS is a two day event.

I can't make a separate thread - I am on my phone - but eh. :p

pixelish

HS and NCR are in wildly separate time zones. 3PM here is, what, 7AM in Cali?

What I mean is that when NCR will be on, HS probably will not be. Plus HS is a two day event.

I can't make a separate thread - I am on my phone - but eh. :p
I don't think you need to make a separate thread for hypespotting. lets just have all the discussion in this thread. I will def. talk about hs since it suits my time zone.

Horseress

In the Hyperspotting matter, checking the schedule now and....

Sunday 5th April
——————————–
10:00 – 12:00: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Finals
12:00 – 14:00: SSB4 Finals
14:00 – 15:30: King of Fighters XIII Finals
15:30 – 18:00: Ultra Street Fighter IV Finals
18:00 – 19:30: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Finals

Is this 2012?

Champ has that hometown power boost

He's gonna wreck marvel.

I shudder to think what he would do to Diago if they met in the Ultra tournament, what with Champ being his dad and all

pixelish

notable players to look out for in each pool (bolded names signify players from asia)
Pool 1: Gamerbee, Filipinoman
Pool 2: Snake Eyez, Velociraptor
Pool 3: Fuudo, Hoodaman
Pool 4: JWong, Kelvin Jeon
Pool 5: FChamp, Kazunoko, White Gun
Pool 6: Pugera, LPN, Floe (
he couldn't make it to NCR according to his twitter
)
Pool 7: Blockbuster Jon, Infiltration, Chris G
Pool 8: Hsien Chang, Nuckledu
Pool 9: 801 Strider, Air, Alex Myers
Pool 10: Momochi, John Choi
Pool 11: KBrad, iPeru
Pool 12: Daigo, Sherry, Professor Beef (
won't be going as he got bodied by his boss
)
Pool 13: Ricky Ortiz, Marq Teddy, Killer Kai
Pool 14: Julio, XSK Samurai, Poongko
Pool 15: Brenttiscool, PR Rog
Pool 16: BJ Unchained, Bonchan, Chris T

i guess pool 5 and pool 16 will be the pools of death but most likely fchamp, kazunoko, bonchan and chris t will make out of their respective pools.

Horseress

If Daigo picks Yun this weekend (he picked Yun as his secondary in Topanga World League), then he's winning this shit

Chris beat champ in the Marvel teams @ FR. When was the last time Champ beat chrisG?

Don't remember. Chris has historically done well against Champ but he's practically disappeared as a player for the last year. It's tough to say how good he is now because he looked great at Curleh, but then didn't even make top 8 in tournament, getting eliminated 3-0 by Marvelo.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky said the stream is going to start at 3pm EST (Noon PST)

He also teased the exhibition for tonight
@teamspooky:Also the exhibition tonight is going to be really sweet and not just feature usf4... make sure to look out for it!

Exile20

Don't remember. Chris has historically done well against Champ but he's practically disappeared as a player for the last year. It's tough to say how good he is now because he looked great at Curleh, but then didn't even make top 8 in tournament, getting eliminated 3-0 by Marvelo.

IMHO Chris beats Champ consistently but Chris can be beaten easily now by specific team combinations. Champs, Morrigan, Phoenix, Dorm team can't beat Chris's Morrigan team I think.

Justin can gave Champ trouble but Justin has been dropping combos all the time now. He seems to be playing SF far more then Marvel.

ZeRo is going to fucking dominate Smash 4

Ye, Zero got this. I also see Apologyman and Chrisg for Smash, interesting.

sikvod00

Banned

IMHO Chris beats Champ consistently but Chris can be beaten easily now by specific team combinations. Champs, Morrigan, Phoenix, Dorm team can't beat Chris's Morrigan team I think.

Justin can gave Champ trouble but Justin has been dropping combos all the time now. He seems to be playing SF far more then Marvel.
Yep . In the player matchup, Chris has a really good record against Champ. But overall, Champ is a better marvel player because of his consistent results and ability to beat players of all skills. Chris is the type to do super well against other top tier players but then is vulnerable to lesser skilled players (no offense).

Exile20

Yep . In the player matchup, Chris has a really good record against Champ. But overall, Champ is a better marvel player because of his consistent results and ability to beat players of all skills. Chris is the type to do super well against other top tier players but then is vulnerable to lesser skilled players (no offense).

Yes you are right, champ is the better player over all cause his three teams can counter most teams but Chris's team is superior to Champs teams. Chris does get dominated with these out of the blue teams tho.

So annoyed that the broadband isn't set up in my new place yet. Really didn't want to miss NCR. I'll try and watch it on 3g at mobile quality, but it's not quite the same. Either way, it should be pretty hype. Lots of great players.
Same here. Have to wait til Tuesday to get my internet/cable set up

BadWolf

Went back and played some VF5FS this morning and is it just me or does it have better character animation than T7?

Top Bottom