• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

I'm off to bed for today, good luck with the raid Vylash!

Edit: Damn, is this post really going to be the first one? I don't even have anything worth saying at this point u.u

just show off more of how wonderful JPCC is :3

wonder if we'll get enough kills for the 5 star Knuckle

Kettch

Looks like the rankings got updated. 2594 now with 5166 points. Pretty crazy considering I haven't spent a stamina fruit yet. Either less people play this than I thought, or a lot of people are having trouble finding the event banner. Top 7500 is looking pretty easy for now.

Yaari

In how many hours is the next Fever time? I missed the first. Damn timezones.

I could also use some tips. I have these Urgent Quests. Do I run them? Or should I focus on advancing the Battlefields? Would it be a good idea to use Stamina Fruit already to advance, and just do the most difficult Free Quest I can get to?

I've got no idea what I'm doing.

Miff

I could also use some tips. I have these Urgent Quests. Do I run them? Or should I focus on advancing the Battlefields? Would it be a good idea to use Stamina Fruit already to advance, and just do the most difficult Free Quest I can get to?

I think best to advance to the end and then farm. Using stamina fruits is OK; obviously save super stamina fruits for fever time.

Urgent quests give super stamina fruits and note that the first couple of urgent quests will end over the next day or so; you might want to clear them before they disappear.

Be careful autoing when you reach the end / tackle higher level quests, as there are waves of bombers.

About rank 520 here. Expecting US to catch up on me while I sleep. Reckon it'll become harder to maintain rank over next couple of days as people may be saving fruits until they reach the end.

The next one begins in 6 hours. I get up for work in 7 hours. I have not yet reached the dangerous point of adjusting my sleeping for this game... yet :D

I think you should run them. I've seen people say it's better to run the cheaper faster ones for more efficient points, however I ran the first one straight away and the second one during fever time. I can't remember the exact number but they give a LOT of points during the multiplier.

They aren't particularly difficult, especially for your team, but they are 12 waves long and require some attention so you can't just auto x2 the whole thing.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing about advancing the actual quest. I'm basically winging it so add a grain of salt to anything I say.

Fishious

Based on the info here and my own experience so far, it's probably best to start working on the main quests. When chance to advance/fever time hour starts, run something to trigger it, then do the urgent quests. So far I think the only quests that drop all 4 chests every time are the urgent quests and they give a ton of points. You may need to burn a few stamina fruit on this, but they give you super stamina for clearing so that offsets it a bit. It looks like the urgent give the best point/AP ratio by a long shot. Once you clear the main line it's probably best to do the repeatable quests at the black fortress.

Going by the numbers on the site I linked, it appears the point/AP generally increases the further in you get for a given quest type. Ex the main quest at the black fortress gives more points/AP than one on the first battlefield, but when compared to another quest type an earlier defend may give better points/AP. It looks like it goes Urgent<Defend<Main<Free. This is all assuming everything except urgent has roughly equal drop rates. They may not, but I haven't seen any drop rate research so I'm just going to run with it.

Yaari

Thanks! That's a crappy Fever Time for me then, ugh.
Guess I'll have to try and hit the other one then, might suit me better. Hopefully it won't affect my final results too much.

Wonder if it will be difficult if I can only successfully manage to get 1 Fever Time per day. Oh well, we'll see..

elty

Based on the info here and my own experience so far, it's probably best to start working on the main quests. When chance to advance/fever time hour starts, run something to trigger it, then do the urgent quests. So far I think the only quests that drop all 4 chests every time are the urgent quests and they give a ton of points. You may need to burn a few stamina fruit on this, but they give you super stamina for clearing so that offsets it a bit. It looks like the urgent give the best point/AP ratio by a long shot. Once you clear the main line it's probably best to do the repeatable quests at the black fortress.

Nevermind, so unless you don't need to work or sleep at those 2 hours you are screwed in this ranking...

On the bright side, my 2300 points is enough to rank me at 6346.

Fishious

Nevermind, so unless you don't need to work or sleep at those 2 hours you are screwed in this ranking.

Yeah, I think that's unfortunately true. From what I've read, it seems that the system for this war chronicle is the same as what Sega did originally, but they later changed it due to outrage. Of course it's a bit worse in global because there's people in several different time zones which means no matter what time its at someone is getting screwed.

Depending on how many people participate it might still be possible to get some rewards. Currently it looks like there's less than 30k people ranked and if it stays that way you can get up to LB2 Selene without being very competitive. My alt only has 973 pts (which is almost nothing) and is ranked 9218.

Fishious

Do you need Nimpha for this?

Nimpha seems to help for everything that isn't an urgent quest. She's presumably most useful on the defend and free quests where you get a one time chest with points/stamina fruit for getting all drops, but having a better chance at drops from the main quests helps too.

BJK

For those of you who have cleared the map...how much AP did it take?
(I'm guessing somewhere around 500).

Trying not to burn stamina fruit until I have a good sense of whether I will stay within the under-7.5k club / LB3 Seline.

elty

Nimpha seems to help for everything that isn't an urgent quest. She's presumably most useful on the defend and free quests where you get a one time chest with points/stamina fruit for getting all drops, but having a better chance at drops from the main quests helps too.

Even for story quest? No wonder I don't see all the chests sometimes. I always thought story quest drop is predetermined.

Fishious

For those of you who have cleared the map...how much AP did it take?
(I'm guessing somewhere around 500).

Trying not to burn stamina fruit until I have a good sense of whether I will stay within the under-7.5k club / LB3 Seline.

If I math'd right (which I probably didn't) it's about 780 AP to clear all the main quests. AP cost spikes pretty hard in the later stages.

Even for story quest? No wonder I don't see all the chests sometimes. I always thought story quest drop is predetermined.

I think drops are predetermined for the regular story Chapters 1-10, but on the site I linked they have 4 drops listed per main quest in the war chronicle and only once have I gotten all 4 drops.

elty

Ok the first urgent quest is not that hard with the following party

lv65 Coro
lv60 Nimpha
lv37 Sonya
lv36 Melvina

lv80 Lindsey friend

Quixzlizx

Indeed it does.

Damn, this is intense. I brought a level 60 Aludra friend just to take care of the bombers in the second stage while microing with auto-battle off. I was really struggling by the final boss with only 3 melee units. I'm worried about whether I'll be able to do any of the urgent quests after this one, lol.

Stider

Fever time is on now

Edit: Didn't realise the defend quests don't disappear when you have gotten all the chests. Get about 1700 when I get all 4 chests. Go Nimpha Go!

chrono01

I didn't know you could get the increased invasion rate multiple times during the same time slot. I wasted the earlier one in the day, I thought it could only "proc" once per set. :(

Enron

Banned
The reinforcement quests with the suicide goblins are bullshit. Whoever came up with those mobs is an asshole.

for real. i did that one about 50 mins ago and when the bombgobs showed up i said NOPE and quit out of there. I refuse to play that fucking shit.

chrono01

I'm at 45k points. Selene is so close...

Unfortunately I'll miss tomorrow morning's Fever Time, though. :(

BTW, is it normal to have multiple "Fever" proc's during the hour? The reason I ask is because during the just-ended Fever Time, it proc'd initially for me, then I used a Super Fruit to extend it. However, after it expired, it proc'd again [and then four more times after that] without me needing to use any additional Super Fruit.

Kettch

I hit rank 35 and got another batch of friend slots if anyone still needs Nimpha.

ID: 108472385

The Selene event seems to be pretty solved now.

-The fever time window lasts for an hour. You can trigger it as much as you want during that time.
-As long as you start a fight (probably when it takes your AP) during fever time, you'll get the bonus points. No need to finish the fight before it ends, I've gone several minutes over and still gotten them.
-If you go over your fever time during a fight and you're still in the hour window, you'll get a new fever time when the fight ends. So no need to waste a fight with no bonus points in order to start it up again.
-This means stamina fruits are basically worth just as much as super stamina fruits, as long as you can use them all during the hour window. If you have a ton to use, only use the SSF at the end of the hour.

-Urgent quest drops are guaranteed and seem to be one of the best sources of points, so try to do them during fever time.
-Main story quests only guarantee the 4th chest, so Nimpha helps with the first 3 to give you a little extra.
-There are some videos from jpcc of the Urgent Quests here if you want to check their composition and/or see if you can handle them. I still have a pair of level 30s, so I wasn't able to handle the first fight of #2. :(
-The best way to grind points, from what I can see, looks to be doing the final defend quest over and over. Unless the drop rates are significantly different, it gives a ton more points than the best free quest.

bonkeng

How does Fever Time works? In my time zone, it's at 1pm and 3am.

Does it mean that when the 3am reset comes, I have until 1pm to activate it? Or is there a time limit?

I tried playing at 8am but it did not ativate. But when i played at 130pm it activated.

Oreoleo

How does Fever Time works? In my time zone, it's at 1pm and 3am.

Does it mean that when the 3am reset comes, I have until 1pm to activate it? Or is there a time limit?

I tried playing at 8am but it did not ativate. But when i played at 130pm it activated.

You have a one hour window to activate the bonus (so for you it would be 1-2pm and 3-4am). It will activate multiple times during the hour so there's no need to waste the super stamina fruits until the last 5-10 minutes of the hour.

chrono01

You have a one hour window to activate the bonus (so for you it would be 1-2pm and 3-4am). It will activate multiple times during the hour so there's no need to waste the super stamina fruits until the last 5-10 minutes of the hour.
That explains it.

I really wish I had known this. I could have saved two of my Super Stamina Fruit.

Anko

..Why the hell can't they have made it clear that the window was 1 hour. I missed both windows. Yay me. I'm not gonna stay awake at 3am local time for this...

bonkeng

Thanks. That cleared up nicely. It's baffling why gumi never stated about the 1hr reset window. All along i thought its the same as gauntlet reset.

In my case, i only have 1 window per day which is 1pm. Cant stay up for 3am window. Stupid timing.

Good thing i didnt use my fruits yet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That window is bullshit. They could at least have it adjusted for local times.

Does the gauntlet have an end date or is it now a permanent addition?

Oreoleo

It's very interesting checking the Black Fortress leaderboards. I missed the second advance period a few hours ago and noticed I only dropped 200 ranks over about 13 or 14 hours and that got me curious. Since the top 7500 players get 2x Selene I wanted to see what kind of players are hovering around there. #7499 has a level 17 lead character and less than 2000 points. #7500 has a healer in the low 30s as their main. If I had to guess there's probably something like 20k people on the leaderboards total. It might not take much to finish in the top 7500 after all...

Miff

I missed the second advance period a few hours ago and noticed I only dropped 200 ranks over about 13 or 14 hours and that got me curious.

I think the rankings still need to update after the last advance. 30mins from now possibly.

Miff

Really? It was like 3 hours ago. I thought it updated every hour.

Every 6hours I think. I'm still showing 25k points on the board but added another 20k in the last advance earlier. Wish it was every hour, it'll be a bit annoying on the final day.

Oreoleo

Every 6hours I think. I'm still showing 25k points on the board but added another 20k in the last advance earlier. Wish it was every hour, it'll be a bit annoying on the final day.
Oh that sucks. The 6th hour must have coincided nicely with the end of the first advance earlier, my rank was updated real quickly after it ended. Guess we'll see in 10 minutes.

Edit yup, dropped another 1400 ranks. #7500 is around 3000 points now. Still a good sign for finishing with a good rank all things considered. Really gonna have to stay on top of those advance periods though.

desverger

These rankings really make me wonder how many people are actually even playing global :p

With the rate I'm going with, I should end up in the 1500-7500 bracket. It's honestly a lot better I was expecting, since I've been playing quite casually and only used a few regular fruits.

Gonna save up my super fruits until I've opened the whole map and found out the best place to farm points for me.

Rixa

When will be the next fever?

Here it is now 14:17 EET and next is 22:00 EET. 7h43mins from

t1430852400z0.png

Edit: Got my points over 70k and in latest ranking I was at 112. I still have 4 stam fruits and 2 Super stam fruits. Might save them for the end week (prolly to thursday). There is under 30k people playing this event. Rank 7500 was at 19k points. I would assume if you get points to 100k or so, you are most likely to be in 1500 rank.

Yaari

Bleh. This entire event went past me just because the fever times are such a mess. Thanks for that Rixa, at least I know when to go for that one then.

So when it starts, do I play for 10 minutes, pop a Super Stamina, and another 10?
Is there a limit to how many I can use in an hour ?

I have 3k points right now, just had no idea what I was doing at all. Luckily I can still use Stamina Fruit. Maybe I should get myself to that good Free Quest, and just run that for as long as possible.

desverger

This seems more likely.

You could be on to something there.

Bleh. This entire event went past me just because the fever times are such a mess. Thanks for that Rixa, at least I know when to go for that one then.

So when it starts, do I play for 10 minutes, pop a Super Stamina, and another 10?

I have 3k points right now, just had no idea what I was doing at all. Luckily I can still use Stamina Fruit. Maybe I should get myself to that good Free Quest, and just run that for as long as possible.

Kettch kinda summed it up nicely already, you can look up to find his post but here's the short of it:

-Once the fever time starts, you have 1 hour to activate it by doing a mission. Main missions at least seem to work activating it, and I don't know if it's 100%.
-Once activated, the best missions at the moment to farm are the defend quests in Battlefield 2 or 3. Just do autobattle x2 speed.
-You can use the super fruit to extend the time OR use a regular fruit after the fever time is over, and do another mission, activating the fever again if it's still inside the 1 hour window.

Rixa

Yesterday and today morning (for my time) it went:

1. Trigger fever time by running story event quest.
2. Run Defend quest for 10 minutes (free quest wont give 3x points).
3. Time your last run so that it starts under 50 seconds left in fever time.
4. When quest is done new fever time pops up.
5. It was 60 minutes fever time total.
^^
If they didnt change it when day changed, it should be same now.
So use only normal stamina fruits :). But you never know cause its Gumi.
It might be only 10 minutes fever time and then you need to pop super stam for to prolong it.

Or it might be that after 1h before last fever time runs off you can pop super stam fruit and again super and so on...

Miff

Is there a limit to how many I can use in an hour ?.

Edit: Rix and desverger covered it

During the 'fever hour' you can just play as normal as fever time will activate after each quest (providing you finish the quest within that hour). So just use normal stamina fruits. No need to use super fruits.

When you get towards the end of the hour, you will then need to switch to super fruits to extend your fever time. You'll need to keep using them within the time limit, as once it hits zero it's gone. Be careful as I think speeding up your play (2x) might also speed up your timer.

I don't think there's any limit.

Rixa

Btw these >50 level Urgent quest are both long, tough and shitty as hell. Bombers, poison units, blind units, slow units, midbosses and many waves. Granted you do get good PTS but dont run these when fever time is on. You need so much micromanaging.

Top Bottom