• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA Checkin' Off His List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Snowe is more concerned with "having the private sector provide a solution" whether or not the private sector actually does a better job of providing said solution.

I think the saddest part about all this is the weird need to protect "the private sector" even if the private sector is a large reason why there are problems in the first place. I'm no raging communist or anything, but having a "free market health insurance solution" just for the sake of having one, regardless of whether it actually helps people or not seems incredibly weird to me.

ToxicAdam

PantherLotus said:
Kinda weird, and sad, to see gaffers cheering/lolling at increased economic downturn just to prove a fellow gaffer wrong.

It would be like creating a post everytime a large group of people die in Iraq or the death toll reaches certain milestones. Glad that never happened here on GAF.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
ToxicAdam said:
It would be like creating a post everytime a large group of people die in Iraq or the death toll reaches certain milestones. Glad that never happened here on GAF.
Shame those celebratory posts weren't butressed by the argument that said lives were being wasted unecessarily. That would make too much sense. omglolwtfbbq ponies

TruHero

Banned
soul creator said:
I think the saddest part about all this is the weird need to protect "the private sector" even if the private sector is a large reason why there are problems in the first place. I'm no raging communist or anything, but having a "free market health insurance solution" just for the sake of having one, regardless of whether it actually helps people or not seems incredibly weird to me.

I think that sentiment has to do with the Right's undying, unrelenting faith in the free markets.

My sister in-law & I recently had a short healthcare convo and her basic point was: "I just don't want the govt running anything. Private companies can do it better"

ToxicAdam

So is that the proper way to "cheer" poor economic news? Just express dismay and grief for all the lives that are needlessly affected by the failed administration policies?

turnbuckle

ToxicAdam said:

Not at all. Nobody was cheering people dying or celebrating hitting a new death milestone. If you can link some posts where it was happening, I'm certain they didn't come from anyone in the current poligaf.

Unless you're making the mistake of saying people who were pointing out death tolls and milestones as justifications for getting out / getting a different administration were celebrating. I'm pretty sure most of the people who were against the war under Bush are also at the least very cautious and uncertain about the wars under Obama.

mckmas8808 said:
I wonder about that too. At this point last year all you heard about was home prices would be falling for years to come.

The damn banks are holding inventory keeping prices higher and causing bidding wars due to the 8K tax refund. I'm trying to buy a house right now and have been putting in offers for 20k above asking price. A couple even more. I'm usually one of 30 people bidding on a house.

Supposedly the banks are supposed to release more of their inventory in December. This could cause a price decrease. Or at least kill some of the competition I'm facing.

Anyway ... I thought some of this bank bail out money was supposed to go to relieving their losses so they can sell property and get things going. They got money from the Gov and their still hoarding their inventory. It seems likes it's almost another housing bubble but in a different form.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
gkrykewy said:
Don't be a simpleton. I don't see anyone cheering poor economic or jobs numbers. Home prices are a different thing, and when someone says they were just hoping for a little bubble, it's hard to take that seriously. Should we be hoping for a little jobs bubble? A wave of temporary hires?

Once again, in many parts of the country, home prices are still too expensive relative to incomes and rents. This is good for people who own homes and (in particular) are trying to sell them, it's (most importantly, from congress' standpoint) good for banks, but it's not good for anyone else. Higher housing prices mean higher payments for buyers, which means less discretionary income for other things.

I'm specifically speaking to the guy laughing at mckmas as he is reporting the housing numbers. Poor taste.

ToxicAdam said:

If you can find a post, ever, of somebody posting a report of deaths in war accompanied by LOLz, be my guest. Those people should be similarly condemned.

Reporting bad news isn't wrong. Laughing at it and asking, "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?", is.

I'm certainly aware of the silliness of some of the arguments around here, but laughing at something that could very well mean thousands of lost jobs, continued poverty, and economic loss isn't something I would cheer about.

turnbuckle

ToxicAdam said:
So is that the proper way to "cheer" poor economic news? Just express dismay and grief for all the lives that are needlessly affected by the failed administration policies?

What poor economic news is being cheered? Home prices don't paint a black and white picture of the economy, and any rise in prices without a corresponding rise in wages and employment only serve to further separate the haves from the have nots.

I didn't see anyone celebrating poor consumer confidence reports. If the GDP went negative for the 3rd quarter, pretty much everyone except for certain Republicans hoping Obama fails would be further worried.

I don't even know what you're getting at. Sounds like you're making up an argument. Further, I don't know what the hell Panther is on suggesting that people are hoping for bad news just to throw jabs at MckMas. It's as if Panther hasn't been following this thread or Mck's faith in "the plan" if he thinks talking down his optimism for policy that'd extend / create another mini housing bubble is the same thing as cheering for economic failure.

edit ---

I'm specifically speaking to the guy laughing at mckmas as he is reporting the housing numbers. Poor taste.

Ahh, you were referring to that. Yeah, the :lol :lol may have been a bit much but I hardly consider that a sign Jason's Ultimatium was cheering failure. Rather, just laughing at MckMas's bubble (not to mix metaphors) bursting. Sometimes it's annoying feeling like he's made fun of for his optimism, but then I realize he's working from the perspective that he's in on the plan - that when good news happens, he predicted it all along and we were all silly for doubting him / Obama. When bad news happens, laughing may not be appropriate, but I can understand.

"Take it off the table," he said. "Come back in three or four years, if other reforms aren't working. That's my position and I'm sticking to it."

Lieberman contended that the public option is "just not necessary to reform health insurance."

The senator, who votes with the Democratic caucus, says he won't vote for any bill with a public option in it. He said yesterday that he may help Republicans filibuster the bill.

"I hope we can all work together to get health care reform done, because we need it," he said today. "I'm doing this because I think it's right, and I hope people will respect me for it."

He also stuck by his fuzzy math on the public option, claiming it's an "entitlement program" that will be paid for with higher premiums to private insurers.
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmem...f-the-table-come-back-to-it-in-four-years.php

He's going full retard on this

gkryhewy

PantherLotus said:

I'm certainly aware of the silliness of some of the arguments around here, but laughing at something that could very well mean thousands of lost jobs, continued poverty, and economic loss isn't something I would cheer about.

I don't think you understand the longstanding thread context.

Also, the realtor welfare credit extension is not yet a done deal, it appears (or at least the details are not finalized). They didn't attach it to the unemployment extension after all:

Reuters said:
Reid had wanted to attach a bill to extend the homebuyer credit as an amendment to a bill to lengthen insurance benefits for unemployed workers. The Senate voted 87-13 on Tuesday to take up the insurance benefit bill, but did not attach the homebuyer tax credit to the measure as Reid had wanted.

reilo said:
When has Lieberman ever not gone full retard in regards to anything?

Good point.

Klein's take
I don't know why I don't take Joe Lieberman's threat to filibuster health-care reform more seriously, but I just don't. Take what Lieberman told reporters today:

I told Senator Reid that I'm strongly inclined -- I haven't totally decided, but I'm strongly inclined -- to vote to proceed to the health-care debate, even though I don't support the bill that he's bringing together because it's important that we start the debate on health-care reform because I want to vote for health-care reform this year. But I also told him that if the bill remains what it is now, I will not be able to support a cloture motion before final passage. Therefore I will try to stop the passage of the bill.

Well, the bill is certain to change between now and then. That's a lot of wiggle room. Additionally, Lieberman's argument against the public option is simply false. "I think a lot of people may think that the public option is free," he says. "It's not. It's going to cost the taxpayers and people who have health insurance now, and if it doesn't it's going to add terribly to the national debt." Soon enough, he'll be looking at Congressional Budget Office numbers saying the exact opposite. The public option costs taxpayers nothing, adds nothing to the debt and saves everyone money. Lieberman won't be able to hang onto this argument for very long, and then what?

Plus, Lieberman has not, traditionally, been conservative on health-care issues. He's a moralist and a hawk, but not a particular critic of the safety net. It may be that his friction with the Democrats has changed him, but somewhere, deep down, this guy is still lurking: (video at link)
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2009/10/will_joe_lieberman_filibuster.html

ToxicAdam

Maybe Lieberman is still pissed at being stripped of his super delegate status and almost losing his chair? Seems like his stance would piss off the people most who sought to have him removed.

turnbuckle

ToxicAdam said:
Maybe Lieberman is still pissed at being stripped of his super delegate status and almost losing his chair? Seems like his stance would piss off the people most who sought to have him removed.

Whatever his motivations are, he's won his last election in CT. He might as well make as many waves as possible. The only thing he has to lose is the opportunity to get in on a sweet deal with a private company once he's gone. Makes sense he's acting like a little bitch. He should just pull a Specter now and get it over with.

ToxicAdam said:

Well, it's a good thing all that matters, as far as the healthcare debate is concerned. smh.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
turnbuckle said:
I don't even know what you're getting at. Sounds like you're making up an argument. Further, I don't know what the hell Panther is on suggesting that people are hoping for bad news just to throw jabs at MckMas. It's as if Panther hasn't been following this thread or Mck's faith in "the plan" if he thinks talking down his optimism for policy that'd extend / create another mini housing bubble is the same thing as cheering for economic failure.

edit ---

Ahh, you were referring to that. Yeah, the :lol :lol may have been a bit much but I hardly consider that a sign Jason's Ultimatium was cheering failure. Rather, just laughing at MckMas's bubble (not to mix metaphors) bursting. Sometimes it's annoying feeling like he's made fun of for his optimism, but then I realize he's working from the perspective that he's in on the plan - that when good news happens, he predicted it all along and we were all silly for doubting him / Obama. When bad news happens, laughing may not be appropriate, but I can understand.

This bullshit about the plan is PoliGaf being stupid as fuck. Sometimes some of you guys can be straight assholes. I linked all you guys to the reports that came out about "The Plan"tm that Obama spot to progressives about on a conference call.

I've never ever said I was on some secert team learning about things that nobody else knew information of. So what happens is some insecere gaffers make up some story that I'm acting as if some secert plan is in the works and only me and the White House knows about it.

And yes I'm for giving people money to prop the housing market up for a short while. Some of you guys may like that plan (housing tax credit) and some of you may not. That's fine! I wanted the current tax credit to be extended for 6 more months realizing that it "may" cause a very very small bubble. I'm okay with that because I think it's okay due to the times that we are in. I wouldn't be for something like this if we were in normal times.

I'm basically for inflating the housing market in order to escape the fact that the housing market may/has over correct for the worse. It's the same principle where people are for inflating an economy because they want to escape a deflationary period. So they inflate the economy with gov't money.

Mumei

mckmas8808 said:
Damn the Democract party of full of bitches and dumbasses. WOW!!! Bayh of all people! You've got to be kidding me.

What do you mean "of all people"? I wasn't expecting it, but it doesn't surprise me, either.

mckmas8808 said:
Damn the Democract party of full of bitches and dumbasses. WOW!!! Bayh of all people! You've got to be kidding me.

I figured Bayh or Lincoln would start getting weak in the knees. McConnell's warning may not be factual but it seems to be catching on.

cntr

Banned

Scientific societies warn Senate: climate change is real

Next week, the Environment and Public Works committee is scheduled to begin debate on the Senate's version of a bill intended to begin limiting US greenhouse gas emissions, with a vote scheduled for early November. In advance of that hearing, a collection of 18 US scientific organizations has sent an open letter to members of the Senate, reminding them that climate change is a real phenomenon, and the best available evidence indicates it's being driven by human activities. The unusually blunt language is coupled with an offer: the US scientific community stands ready to provide assistance to anyone who is looking for further information in advance of taking legislative action.

The organizations that have signed the letter cover a wide range of interests and expertise, from the Crop Science Society of America to the American Statistical Society and the American Geophysical Union. The letter starts by saying that the group hopes to remind the Senators of the current consensus of the scientific community, then gets right down to business. "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver," the letter reads. "These conclusions are based on multiple independent lines of evidence, and contrary assertions are inconsistent with an objective assessment of the vast body of peer-reviewed science."

It goes on to briefly describe some of the consequences expected from the increased temperatures, specifically focusing on those relevant to the US, before ending with an offer of assistance: "We in the scientific community offer our assistance to inform your deliberations as you seek to address the impacts of climate change." In all, it takes 10 sentences to make its points in language that, in political terms, is unusually frank.

Ars talked with Kasey White, Senior Program Associate at the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and Glenn Ruskin, the Director of the Office of Public Affairs for the American Chemical Society; both of these organizations signed the letter. White said that in addition to the upcoming Senate hearing, the AAAS has noticed that the public's acceptance of the conclusions highlighted by the letter have been dropping as more time passes since the last release of an IPCC report, which occurred in 2007.

She also highlighted the increased lobbying against controlling greenhouse gasses, mentioning the US Chamber of Commerce's call for a new Scopes Trial on climatology, a stand that caused Apple and some major utilities to quit the group. She went on to point to a new nonprofit group dedicated to arguing that CO2 is good for us. Members of the group of signatories had been meeting monthly, and simply decided that the time had come to reiterate what the majority of scientists have accepted.

As for the frank language, White said, "We kept it to what was very well understood without going into the technical details." Ruskin pointed out that most the organizations that signed on had already issued statements on climate change (including the ACS and the AAAS). The goal for the new letter was to identify the common features of those statements. "Each of us in the science community had statements that were quite similar, but there was no coordination among us," Ruskin told Ars. "By working together, we could act as a single voice for the science community."

Although the organizations may be speaking with a single voice, it's clear that (as in other areas of science), there are a number of individuals that remain skeptical of the consensus reached by the scientific community. We asked Ruskin about this, but he said that the ACS already has ways for any members that wish to dissent to make their opinions known. The ACS has a standing committee for environmental issues that meets virtually and at the organization's annual meetings, and they take feedback from the membership. If anyone objects to ACS' statements on climate change (or any other matter), they have had many opportunities to make their opinions known, since the current statement is in its fourth revision; the first was issued over a decade ago.

Given that many members of the Environment and Public Works Committee, most notably James Inhofe, have already clearly staked out positions on the science, we asked whether they expected anyone to take them up on their offer to help with the science. "There's always the chance," White said. "Even if we're not asked to provide testimony, we could still brief any Senator or their staff." For his part, Ruskin felt it was a reminder that there's been an ongoing effort to reach out by the ACS and others; the ACS has been conducting panels for the Congressional leadership, having held one on regional climate models just last month.

But, even if the offer isn't accepted, both White and Ruskin felt that the key message of the letter is that the scientific consensus hasn't shifted in the years since the last IPCC report. "I think it's really notable that you had such a broad array of societies come together to make a strong statement on climate change," White said. Ruskin had a similar sentiment, saying, "Those who are skeptics will remain skeptics, but those who are committed to doing something can see a greater unity from the science community."

Tamanon

Banned
soul creator said:
wait...what?

Constitutional debate, go!

the nobel organization is a private organization, not a "king, prince, or foreign state"

Er....the weird thing about that, when it says "any office of profit or trust", isn't it also referring to a corporate office? As in, not the government.

mckmas8808 said:

Wow! Moderate Democrat in a moderate-conservative state leans moderate to conservative! :O

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
soul creator said:
I like how Snowe is more concerned with "having the private sector provide a solution" whether or not the private sector actually does a better job of providing said solution.

This.

I don't believe we need more government. I don't believe we need more private market. I believe we need whatever works the best for a particular issue.

"If the private industry is not adquately handling something that has importance to society as a whole, then the government should step in instead." <--- This is the approach most democrats have for most matters, which is still a center-right view of government overall (keep it out until it is determined to be necessary), and while I may believe that some things should not have an option to be left to the private market (like health care), at least the democrats follow a platform of pragmatism. I can't say the same thing about the republican party, which believes that any time there are problems affecting the entire nation, the government needs to step aside.

mckmas8808

Skiptastic said:
Wow! Moderate Democrat in a moderate-conservative state leans moderate to conservative! :O

I'm surprised that he's lying about it though. Why lie? A vote for cloture is not a vote for the actual bill. Byah is lying and that surprised me.

And what's liberal about the public option? To me is seems like a good moderate position to take. Isn't it true that something like single payer would be something that's more liberal.

Hell to me Medicare is more liberal than the public option, yet the REPs are stating that they want to fight to save Medicare.

ToxicAdam said:
Very well said, Gaimeguy.

Surprised to see you say this to his comment, but it was very well stated. I'm really starting to warm up to the new ToxicAdam. :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Of course, the American right insists that the free market is always better than the government, regardless of the specific issue at hand, and firmly believes that the presence of a problem is a symptom of the existence of excess amounts of government involvement.

Unfortunately, we can't perform a scientific experiment to test the universal validity of such a hypothesis without descending into anarchy, but prior experience shows that the free market is often self-destructive, inadequate, and/or inefficient (see: air traffic coordination, most insurance industries, the stock market crash, the current global financial crisis, the S&L Crisis of the 1980s for a few well-known extreme examples that don't involve any one particular company), which suggests that this belief is almost certainly false.

mckmas8808

Joe Liberman in 2006 said:
I’ve been working on health insurance reform for more than a dozen years. … I have offered a comprehensive program. Small business health insurance reform, plus something I call MediKids to cover all the children in America on a sliding fee basis up until the age of 25.

MediChoice to allow anybody in our country to buy into a national insurance pool like the health insurance pool that we federal employees and Members of Congress have. Medical malpractice reform

It will cover 95% of those who are not covered now, and it will reduce the pressure on rising costs for all the millions of others.

Okay so why is Liberman actively pushing against something that's more moderate than his Medichoice pledge?

And damn MediChoice is a GREAT name to call it, instead of the public option. Joe even came up with a better name and he still acting all assholish now, but why? What does he want? Does he want another chair to lead or something?

cntr

Banned
Nation’s First Open Source Election Software Released
LOS ANGELES — A group working to produce an open and transparent voting system to replace current proprietary systems has published its first batches of code for public review.

The Open Source Digital Voting Foundation (OSDV) announced the availability of source code for its prototype election system Wednesday night at a panel discussion that included Mitch Kapor, creator of Lotus 1-2-3 and co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation; California Secretary of State Debra Bowen; Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder Dean Logan; and Heather Smith, director of Rock the Vote.

The OSDV, co-founded by Gregory Miller and John Sebes, launched its Trust the Vote Project in 2006 and has an eight-year roadmap to produce a comprehensive, publicly owned, open source electronic election system. The system would be available for licensing to manufacturers or election districts, and would include a voter registration component; firmware for casting ballots on voting devices (either touch-screen systems with a paper trail, optical-scan machines or ballot-marking devices); and an election management system for creating ballots, administering elections and counting votes.

“How we vote has become just as important as who we vote for,” Miller told the audience of filmmakers and technologists who gathered at the Bel-Air home of film producer Lawrence Bender to hear about the project. “We think it is imperative that the infrastructure on which we cast and count our ballots is an infrastructure that is publicly owned.”

Miller said the foundation wasn’t looking to put voting system companies out of business but to assume the heavy burden and costs of research and development to create a trustworthy system that will meet the needs of election officials for reliability and the needs of the voting public for accessibility, transparency, security and integrity.

“We believe we’re catalyzing a re-birth of the industry … by making the blueprint available to anyone who wants to use it,” Miller said.

The foundation has elicited help from academics and election officials from eight states as well as voter advocacy groups, such as Rock the Vote and the League of Women Voters, to guide developers in building the system. Technology bigwigs such as Oracle, Sun and IBM have also approached the group to help with the project.

“That was unexpected,” Miller said.

The code currently available for download and review represents only a small part of the total code and includes parts of an online voter registration portal and tracking system, election management software and a vote tabulator. Prototype code for producing ballots has been completed and will be posted soon. Code for auditing is still being designed.

The voting firmware and tabulator program are built on a minimized Linux platform (a stripped down version of Sharp) and the election management components are built with Ruby on Rails.

The foundation already has California, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Vermont and Washington interested in adopting the system and is in talks with 11 other states. Florida, which has been racked by voting machine problems since the 2000 presidential debacle, has also expressed interest, as has Georgia, which uses machines made by Premier Election Solutions (formerly Diebold Election Systems) statewide.

“Currently two vendors impact 80 percent of the vote” nationwide, Miller said, referring to Premier/Diebold and Election Systems & Software, which recently merged in a sale. But if all the states that have expressed interest in adopting the open source system follow through with implementing it, about 62 percent of the nation’s electorate would be voting on transparent, fully auditable machines he said.

The foundation is especially interested in getting a system that would be workable in Los Angeles County, the nation’s largest and most complex election district with 4.3 million voters casting ballots in seven languages.

“If Los Angeles County figures this out, we will have solved the problems for the rest of the country,” Miller said.

Kapor called the project “a breath of fresh air” and said it symbolized the kind of “disruptive innovation” that has characterized all of the best technological developments over the last thirty years.

Here's the code, if you wish to check it yourself.

Skiptastic said:

I think the problem with "moderate to conservative" in this context is that his opposition doesn't seem to be based on anything in reality regarding how most of his constituents feel, or actual policy evidence. He's apparently going against his party, his state, and all of the budgetary reporting. What does "moderation and conservatism" even mean in this context (especially considering it's not like this bill is recreating the British National Health Service or something)?

of course, there's one obvious answer. "Moderate Democrat" = industry shill

In fairness, I couldn't really find anything else besides that one Indiana poll, so there could hypothetically be some raging opposition to a public plan I don't know about. I doubt it though, lol.

Skiptastic said:

I think the problem for a lot of democrats in Indiana was that his dad was a true leader in the senate and a progressive and Evan isn't anything other than a corporate shill.

ToxicAdam

Here's a fun old thread about Leiberman, Obama and moderate Democrats.

Sometimes I just wade through the treasure trove of awesome posts I make and came across this thread. My post is awesome, as usual.

These old threads make me a bit sad, as we have lost many good-great posters that used to bandy about politics. I guess they lose interest when they don't have Bush to kick around.

ToxicAdam said:

Sometimes I just wade through the treasure trove of awesome posts I make and came across this thread. My post is awesome, as usual.

These old threads make me a bit sad, as we have lost many good-great posters that used to bandy about politics. I guess they lose interest when they don't have Bush to kick around.

Obama's been a joke since he's been elected. He's also a lobby whore.

Fuck him.

heh

mckmas8808

ToxicAdam said:

Your post of awesome. :lol
Here it is.

ToxicAdam said:
Why does Leiberman get hung out to dry, while Bill Clinton gets a free pass? BC supported many Republican endorsed bills in his time (NAFTA comes immediately to mind).

Maybe Obama understands how you need to position yourself in a national election to get elected. It may not play in the socialist republic of GAF, but it plays in Flordia and Ohio.

----

Threads like this piss me off. It's the same kind of bullshit thinking that allowed Bush to win the nomination in 2000. McCain gets passed over because he might actually AGREE with democrats on certain issues.

What a shame for you liberals to repeat history and pass up a moderate for a demogauge, because you can't get past your own ridgid idealogy. The same things you chastise Republicans for, you are guilty of yourself.

Doth Togo said:
I met Obama a few weeks ago. He was traveling alone. He sat two rows ahead of me on the early AM flight from DCA to O'hare. (I was on my way to Vancouver.) Nobody recognized him except for me. I gave him the nod and said hello.

Looking back at this post makes me laugh. It must be amazing to be able to say something like this now.

mckmas8808

The Experiment said:
Well, since his 2004 speech, a lot of people (myself included) thought he would be President material or at least have the balls to work against the GOP majority. Now once he's elected, he's done the exact opposite. So I'll not be voting for him which means people will whine about how America can't accept a Black President when its not the case.

Wow! I wish this guy wasn't banned so that I could ask him what he thinks about this post for 2006.

Tamanon

Banned
ToxicAdam said:

I miss ErasureAcer and his constant whoring.

mckmas8808 said:
Wow! I wish this guy wasn't banned so that I could ask him what he thinks about this post for 2006.

He lives on somewhere else, I'll ask for his response :lol

edit: how many times has Obama stood up for Lieberman, only for him to stab him in the back?

PantherLotus said:

Reporting bad news isn't wrong. Laughing at it and asking, "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?", is.

What the fuck? He's always cheerleading whatever positive economic news he finds, yet he rarely, if ever, posts negative news about the economy. The laughing smilies wasn't me laughing because of the housing numbers. I was laughing at mckmas.

EDIT-Turnbuckle is on the right path and knew what I was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom