• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

thuway

It may just be about the remaster, but it does seem like GR will have a presence as I just saw that Toyama retweeted this

gravity2pjrsm.png
They will show it to press after the event.

What are your predictions? I'm predicting 27 million sold through by the end of September.

I have revised my prediction to 28m sold through and 30m shipped (previously I stated 30m sold through because of my gamescom 2014 prediction)

I know what you're thinking I'm crazy but I said PS4 would reach 10m (when everyone believed it was at 8-9m) at 2014 Gamescom and no one believed me. And it makes sense PS4 could reach 30m by PGW too.

But even though I still believe that might happend here is my revised 28m prediction

Here my analisis:

By March 31st PS4 had shipped 22.3m worldwide and reported 25.3m shipped by June 30th, averaging 1m every month. The report came out on July 30th enough time for most of that reported shipment to sell through consumers. So we have our starting point there, given both reports indicate they move 1m per month if we add 3 million (3rd quarter) to the bunch we are at 28.3 shipped, but we also have to account the Destiny and MGSV LE Bundles worldwide units that sold through in September / Also the price cut & holiday season boost for the shipment number.

Ape

Banned
What are we looking at exclusive wise before uncharted hits? I've played until sawn and it was amazing, now my ps4 doesn't seem to have anything for the next few months.

What are we looking at exclusive wise before uncharted hits? I've played until sawn and it was amazing, now my ps4 doesn't seem to have anything for the next few months.

The Tomorrow Children and Bloodborne GOTY Edition, pretty much.
With a slight chance of No Man's Sky if you consider it an exclusive

Tomorrow Children (beta)
Drawn to Death (beta)
Bloodborne Old Hunters
Gravity Rush Remastered
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Firewatch (also on PC)
Witness (also on PC)

I think Paris will have the following:

1. Gameplay of Rime- 5 minutes
2. Gameplay of Dreams - 10 minutes
3. Uncharted 4 Multiplayer footage and announcements - 5 minutes
4. Gravity Rush 2 gameplay
5. No Horizon footage, keeping it under wraps.
6. A quantic dream reveal, 10 minute trailer, the works.
7. Lots of smaller titles, and one or two AA by prolific devs like Ancel.
8. Finished off with Morpheus date and price drop for Europe.

You don't think they will announce PS1/PS2 support on the PS4? That's the only thing that I really hope to see at the event. I wanna know what the deal is with the leaked and announced PS2 games on PS4 and how all that is gonna work out.

Hexa

Tomorrow Children (beta)
Drawn to Death (beta)
Bloodborne Old Hunters
Gravity Rush Remastered
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Firewatch (also on PC)
Witness (also on PC)

And a bunch of Japanese games:

Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Also on PS3/Vita)
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
Nitro+ Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (Earlier on PS3)
Megadimension Neptunia VII
The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition

Javin98

Banned
I have revised my prediction to 28m sold through and 30m shipped (previously I stated 30m sold through because of my gamescom 2014 prediction)

But even though I still believe that might happend here is my revised 28m prediction

Here my analisis:

By March 31st PS4 had shipped 22.3m worldwide and reported 25.3m shipped by June 30th, averaging 1m every month. The report came out on July 30th enough time for most of that reported shipment to sell through consumers. So we have our starting point there, given both reports indicate they move 1m per month if we add 3 million (3rd quarter) to the bunch we are at 28.3 shipped, but we also have to account the Destiny and MGSV LE Bundles worldwide units that sold through in September / Also the price cut & holiday season boost for the shipment number.
28 million at PGW? I actually think it will be higher than that. October is set to be a huge month for the PS4 because it's getting its first price drop in its biggest markets. I'm gonna say 28.2 million at PGW. However, due to the increased demand due to the price drop, I don't think shipment numbers will be too far away, so 29.5 million sounds like a safe bet. Besides, Sony doesn't usually overship with the PS4 anyway.

28 million at PGW? I actually think it will be higher than that. October is set to be a huge month for the PS4 because it's getting its first price drop in its biggest markets. I'm gonna say 28.2 million at PGW. However, due to the increased demand due to the price drop, I don't think shipment numbers will be too far away, so 29.5 million sounds like a safe bet. Besides, Sony doesn't usually overship with the PS4 anyway.

Keep in mind I mentioned it would reach 30m by PGW first before my revision. But yeah 28m seems like a safe bet.

But would really feel great to get that 30m announcement so everyone that doubted me (again) can it crow :D

Javin98

Banned
Keep in mind I mentioned it would reach 30m by PGW too. But yeah 28m seems like a safe bet.

But would really feel great to get that 30m announcement so everyone that doubted me (again) can it crow :D
30 million sold through? That sounds very unlikely to me and I'm generally generous with my PS4 estimates. 30 million shipped is possible, but I can't see sold through numbers being there. But if it is, we will probably see 36 million PS4 sold through by the end of 2015, which IMO is a tad too high. My sold through predictions remain 35 million by the end of 2015.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Far Cry Primal will have a gameplay trailer for those interested such as myself. :)

Either way, can't wait. Should be a damn good show and six weeks later, PSX!!!

My point was that I hope what they announce at the upcoming conferences inspires confidence for their lineup in 2016 because 2015 was shite.

But keep taking it as a personal affront.

Personal affront? No, I just thought it was dumb.

1. All four Sony conferences tend to focus on different things, are hosted by different divisions (though SCEA gets two conferences, E3 and PSX) and give us new announcements, so who cares if they're relatively close together? Gamescom is pretty soon after E3, did you complain about that too?

2. Sony's 2016 lineup is already stacked. If Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon, The Last Guardian, Rime, Gravity Rush 2, Tomorrow Children, etc. don't interest you then I have no clue what you were expecting.

How about a gran turismo 6 hd port? Rime trailer would be awesome, and i reckon yakuza 5 will get a final trailer before the mid November release.

How about a gran turismo 6 hd port? Rime trailer would be awesome, and i reckon yakuza 5 will get a final trailer before the mid November release.

If the rumours of GT7 having a big VR focus are true then GT7 will basically look like 6 anyway so why bother?

I dont think this is the show for GT news. Early next year is my guess. Around PS VR's launch so they can get people excited for the platform knowing that real games are coming later.

I can't believe how badly missmanaged GT6 was.

GT is by far the best selling PlayStation franchise and they fucked it up hard. Hope it can go back to the old form with GT7.

GT franchise has more sold copies than the Halo franchise, think about that.

eerik9000

In all honestly, what's the point of Paris Games week when PSX is right around the corner?

Seems weird to me to have two events so close together.

One of Europe's biggest countries is not supposed to have a huge gaming convention because Sony is having a small fan event on the other side of the world??? Are you fucking kidding me???

One of Europe's biggest countries is not supposed to have a huge gaming convention because Sony is having a small fan event on the other side of the word??? Are you fucking kidding me???

I wouldn't call PSX a small fan event, since they can announce or show great games there, like God of War 4, GT7 etc. Although, I would disagree with Vire because they can announce something in PGW and show a gameplay demo of this something in PSX. So, there is a point. Also, they can show the greatest of their games in PSX and smaller ones like indies in PGW.

silva1991

I really hope that QD's new game is more focused on gameplay mechanics.

after Beyond 2 souls not a single QTE game was interesting to me, not even Until Dawn.

Loudninja

after Beyond 2 souls not a single QTE game was interesting to me, not even Until Dawn.
Those are gameplay mechanics it just ones you dont enjoy.

These are the type of games they make,I doubt it will change.

Because one event is managed by Jim Ryan, and the other by Shawn Layden.

Regional companies have their own budgets, their own KPIs (key performance index), and their own regional considerations to take into account. Jim Ryan can't just piggy-back off Shawn Layden, both of them have to do some heavy lifting on their side.

Which is why China has their own press conference. Which is why SCEJA has 2 press conferences, one for Japan-market, and the other for non-China Asian markets.

Honestly, the sooner that you wrap your head around the fact that :

(a) As a press conference, it's as much for the press & a regional audience, just as it is for a global audience
(b) all these conferences are effectively organised by different business units

The easier it is to grasp why things are the way they are.

The only 'global' aspect of all these press conferences is from a 1st-party announcements is the fact that "SCE WWS" is a global business unit, thus games from all regions of WWS are revealed/announced at every event, without care of which country it was developed in.

zsynqx

I think their focus should be on a coherent narrative which allows actual deviations in the plot. Design the story around choice driven gameplay rather than the other way round (Beyond honestly felt like this.) Similarly, dialogue has to be far better for me to become invested in the characters, Luckily, David Cage is getting help with the writing this time so hopefully they can improve in those respects,

QTEs I think are fine, as long as there is enough tension created to instill a belief that failing could have major consequences. such as the death of a character; this is something Until Dawn nailed.

I wouldn't call PSX a small fan event, since they can announce or show great games there, like God of War 4, GT7 etc. Although, I would disagree with Vire because they can announce something in PGW and show a gameplay demo of this something in PSX. So, there is a point. Also, they can show the greatest of their games in PSX and smaller ones like indies in PGW.

Compared to E3, Gamescom, PGW and TGS, PSX IS small. Tiny even. And that's fine, they can focus more on fan-service style announcements there than they can at any of the others (with maybe one big announcement mixed in, like SFV). Each conference does something different and has its own place.

Oh man, just did the conversion and this thing's going to run from a brisk 3:45am on Wednesday morning for me, Australian time. Note to self: Get all assignments done before then...

QTEs I think are fine, as long as there is enough tension created to instill a belief that failing could have major consequences. such as the death of a character; this is something Until Dawn nailed.

This is something Heavy Rain did perfectly and Beyond... well, didn't even attempt. Almost nothing you do in Beyond actually matters, and combined with the QTEs themselves being significantly easier, it gives the impression that your presence as a player is hardly even necessary.

I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot of dumb stuff in Heavy Rain, but I would so love to see Quantic Dream go back to that style of branching narrative with genuine, far-reaching consequences for your actions. There's such a dearth of games where every decision you make truly matters, and I was so disappointed to see QD just drop that idea with Beyond.

Withnail

Because one event is managed by Jim Ryan, and the other by Shawn Layden.

Regional companies have their own budgets, their own KPIs (key performance index), and their own regional considerations to take into account. Jim Ryan can't just piggy-back off Shawn Layden, both of them have to do some heavy lifting on their side.

Which is why China has their own press conference. Which is why SCEJA has 2 press conferences, one for Japan-market, and the other for non-China Asian markets.

Honestly, the sooner that you wrap your head around the fact that :

(a) As a press conference, it's as much for the press & a regional audience, just as it is for a global audience
(b) all these conferences are effectively organised by different business units

The easier it is to grasp why things are the way they are.

The only 'global' aspect of all these press conferences is from a 1st-party announcements is the fact that "SCE WWS" is a global business unit, thus games from all regions of WWS are revealed/announced at every event, without care of which country it was developed in.

Yep, this. This is SCEE's show for the year. PSX is something SCEA is doing.

Here my analisis:

There could easily be 35 million PS4's in users hands by the time Playstation VR lands. That could mean great things for consumer VR adoption.

thuway

Wait, did I read that correctly thuway? Gravity Rush 2 is gonna have a presence at PGW.

Swwweeeet!!!
After the show they have the following for press:
Edit for accuracy:

At 9 PM Paris time the press will get half an hour for simulatenously U4 and Dreams. And than at 9:30 Gravity Rush 2 and WiLD. Than at 10 an unannounced game for one hour. I don't know if there'll be an embargo or what, but yeah that should give you a good idea of where to keep expectations for the conference.

*Please refrain from Naughty Dog behind closed doors jokes pls :(

Asd202

Edit for accuracy:

At 9 PM there time, the press will get half an hour for simulatenously U4 and Dreams. And than at 9:30 Gravity Rush 2 and WiLD. Than at 10 an unannounced game for one hour. I don't know if there'll be an embargo or what, but yeah that should give you a good idea of where to keep expectations for the conference.

GR2 and Wild? I'm excited.

Edit for accuracy:

At 9 PM Paris time the press will get half an hour for simulatnously U4 and Dreams. And than at 9:30 Gravity Rush 2 and WiLD. Than at 10 an unannounced game for one hour. I don't know if there'll be an embargo or what, but yeah that should give you a good idea of where to keep expectations for the conference.

Don't know how these things usually work out, but it could be possible press is going hands on with Uncharted 4, right?

zsynqx

Edit for accuracy:

At 9 PM Paris time the press will get half an hour for simulatenously U4 and Dreams. And than at 9:30 Gravity Rush 2 and WiLD. Than at 10 an unannounced game for one hour. I don't know if there'll be an embargo or what, but yeah that should give you a good idea of where to keep expectations for the conference.

For the Uncharted 4 showing, do you know whether it is single player or multiplayer?

Don't know how these things usually work out, but it could be possible press is going hands on with Uncharted 4, right?

That would be ace!

Edit for accuracy:

thanks for the info :)
so this tba ps4 title will be the only major announcement for the show?

thuway

For the Uncharted 4 showing, do you know whether it is single player or multiplayer?

That would be ace!

Before any one asks me any thing else, I know nothing else, and that information above could be all hot garbage, but I doubt that. In any case, I don't know anything else and I only posted it so people can have a barometer for their hype meter. Have an awesome day gents. Bird fly away.

Top Bottom