• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

I loved the campaign. Beat it on Heroic yesterday and gonna start my legendary run this week maybe.

Played 1 arena match and 1 Warzone match, honestly not sure I'm feeling the MP of this game.

I actually kinda wanna play more Gears, my Halo hype died out pretty fast after playing 2 matches. Not a good sign

It was pretty much 1.0

First 4 games were a breeze, and lost the next 3, won 1 and finally lost 2. That said first 4 were stomps and the rest were pretty close.

Not meant as a 'subtle brag' at all either, there is no way I'm close to Onyx as there were quite a few better people in the games I played

EDIT: Oh sorry you said KDA, not sure, won't be very high(if anything different to my KD?) as I pretty much only played SWAT

Thanks for all the input, i basically just confirmed that i got screwed out of my rank.

Has anyone else noticed strange aim acceleration in the final game? I dont remember it being this way in the beta, I find myself flailing around a lot more often and I'm having trouble finding a sensitivity that feels right, even though the beta felt great to me.

Edit: Whoops looks like you guys are JUST talking about this

I didn't play the beta but while I understand that there's less aim assist in this... The aiming at time still feels off. Like it can suddenly go slow and then fast. I find it messing up my aiming a lot.

Oh yeah im aware there is less aim assist. In the beta I loved it. I'm totally down with less aim assist, the low aim assist of the beta felt like the best decision halo had made in years. It just seems like something else funky is going on because now I find myself flailing about unexpectedly which I did not do in the beta.

I thought I was the only one experiencing this. Had me feeling like I got out of tune with Halo after some years

Absolutely. Something feels off to me, especially with the magnum for some odd reason.

No wonder I had to increase my sensitivity. It seems really heavy near the center.

Yeah, the aiming doesn't feel quite right....
Can't quite put my finger on it but it certainly feels different than it did in the beta.

The aiming in this game is really odd

Stinkles, Tashi, halp

giphy.gif

Means you should join my Company.

He has come... Is this something you can have someone look into?

Kalentan

Has anyone else noticed strange aim acceleration in the final game? I dont remember it being this way in the beta, I find myself flailing around a lot more often and I'm having trouble finding a sensitivity that feels right, even though the beta felt great to me.

I didn't play the beta but while I understand that there's less aim assist in this... The aiming at time still feels off. Like it can suddenly go slow and then fast. I find it messing up my aiming a lot.

Also...

Just realized there's no skins for the Carbine... Now I'm sad. :(

Stinkles halp

Absolutely. Something feels off to me, especially with the magnum for some odd reason.

Spasm

Stinkles halp
No wonder I had to increase my sensitivity. It seems really heavy near the center.

I don't know if I'm crazy or not, but is the Storm Rifle a beast up close or what? I started picking one up to replace the AR the past few Arena matches, and it was melting people, and it's super easy to use.

J4mm1nJ03

That aiming issue may be exactly what was happening to me last night. Everything felt SO OFF with the aiming to me and I really wasn't enjoying the MP much at all. As soon as I'd start to find my groove it's like my sensitivity would drop down to 1 and I would lose most of the firefights I would be in. I've been playing MCC pretty regularly since spring so it stood out quickly to me. The sensitivity/aim accel already felt slower to me, but this felt like a completely different issue.

Hopefully I have better luck today. I want to enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to be!

RoKKeR

Yeah, the aiming doesn't feel quite right. I know there is significantly less auto aim in the multiplayer but it still feels off, I noticed it the moment I loaded the game up. I play on a 4 sensitivity for all games in the MCC but am hovering around 6 or 7 in Halo 5. It doesn't quite feel consistent... really noticeable with the pistol, in which it feels like any sort of aim assist (read: I begin to choke) goes away when I'm targeting a headshot with no shields.

Can't quite put my finger on it but it certainly feels different than it did in the beta. I've gotten used to it fairly quickly but it's definitely noticeable.

Omfg cloak in breakout is driving me INSANE

Wait.... there is cloak in BREAKOUT!?! I've been holding off Breakout for the weekend to play with a specific group of people and had no idea. WTF are powerups doing in Breakout. Ok, that's complete shit right there if true!

Breakout was my favorite mode in the Beta. If it's got stupid armor powerups... ahhhhhhhhhh

Omfg cloak in breakout is driving me INSANE

I feel like Breakout is a little too complex for its own good; powerups, power weapons... I'm just not sure it's got any place in Breakout.

And I know the Hydra doesn't, Stinkles pls.

EDIT: Although, thinking about it, the cloak does allow for some amazing comeback plays. So that's cool.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wait.... there is cloak in BREAKOUT!?! I've been holding off Breakout for the weekend to play with a specific group of people and had no idea. WTF are powerups doing in Breakout. Ok, that's complete shit right there if true!

I like it, but it's a simple matchmaking setting. People will either get used to it and like it, or hate it so hard someone will check off a box and POOF it's gone.

Magwik

Banned
Is anyone else chocking in MP when going for a ground pound? I always just end up deciding against it and hovering in air like a floating duck

I feel like Breakout is a little too complex for its own good; powerups, power weapons... I'm just not sure it's got any place in Breakout.

And I know the Hydra doesn't, Stinkles pls.

Exactly. Breakout is Chess compared to Area Slayer as Checkers. Aint nobody got time for powerups!

I like it, but it's a simple matchmaking setting. People will either get used to it and like it, or hate it so hard someone will check off a box and POOF it's gone.

That would be great. I feel like the majority will want that stuff removed. But who knows... i havent even played it since beta! I was just looking forward to a super "basic" no respawn, no powerups, teamwork and communication centric round mode.

NH Apache

Banned
Here's hoping into working companies into the UI. As I understand it, right now we basically just have to add people to our friends list which is something I would rather not do, especially manually. Maybe when the BTB stuff drops they'll surprise us.

lol this game

there's a 12 year old LOUDLY HUMMING the 117 theme over the mic in the pregame lobby and the option to mute players in the lobby is non existent so I have to take my whole headset off.

Top Bottom