• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaintDeftone

zero chance

I wonder if the album even drops on the 11th

That's what I'm thinking. The album isn't even finished and titled. Wouldn't services like iTunes need more time to include this in their storefronts and allow preorders? The whole thing is weird.

It would be stupid as hell if it gets delayed. At least delay it more than a week before its planned release date. Not when it's about to drop in two days.

PBY

Banned
That's what I'm thinking. The album isn't even finished and titled. Wouldn't services like iTunes need more time to include this in their storefronts and allow preorders? The whole thing is weird.

I think theres a non-zero chance the MSG thing does happen, but the album isn't available to purchase that day.

:(

Catvoca

Banned
I think he'll hit the release date, I mean he managed to finish up most of Yeezus in the last few days before it was due. Hopefully this album doesn't end up sounding as rushed though.

Maybe he's actually misleading us all and he's already sent the CD in for production and letting us know that he's working on new songs etc. It's possible.

Why do you guys think a physical copy of the album is coming out?

Kanye has said that the reason that the Yeezus artwork was what it was is because he wanted to give the format an open casket burial.

chaislip3

This isn't real

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
He should just call it 'Untitled' and end this nonsense

PBY

Banned
LMAO
KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 34s
I have to call @FloydMayweather and @LeoDicaprio, I spoke to @MikeTyson yesterday

FZZ

Banned
Serious question, I'm assuming this is THE Mike Tyson, when did he start using forums and doing shit like this?

It's not the real mike tyson afaik

But the OP also leaked details about TPAB before release so apparently he's vetted for

edit: also gonna copy/paste another post from GAF-Hop about what I think might be on the album

Mike Tyson said:
Also, Kanye saw something in Travis Scott, and you see what on this album.

My money is that this snippet from 2014 is what he's talking about

It completely follows his first post abut blending vocals in with the production as well, and I'll be damned if it doesn't also have the same vibe from the "Waves" track leak that featured a Clockwork Orange sample we heard a while back as well

Btw the "Waves" Clockwork Orange sample track has been deleted from all sites that had it, there was one soundcloud that still had the snippet but it was deleted and now I am unable to find it anywhere. Pretty sure that track is gonna be on the album, and the rumored travis feature also has me thinking the snippet earlier in my post is a part of it.

chaislip3

Yeah, I was following that Section 80 thing earlier today. Koolo got the album and was posting his reactions as he was listening to it. Then I think he passed it on to the other mods.

Koolo thought it was a masterpiece, but he said he couldn't put it about MBDTF, though it was pretty damn close. Famous was his favorite song. I think the version he had didn't have Father Stretch My Hands or Ultra Light Beam.

As far as features go, Thugger was on Famous and High Lights (might be wrong on this one). Anyways, the Weeknd was also on the second Young Thug feature. Chris Brown was on Waves. I think he said someone was on FML but I can't remember for sure. TY$ and Post Malone were still on Fade, and Sia and Vic Mensa were still on Wolves.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah, I was following that Section 80 thing earlier today. Koolo got the album and was posting his reactions as he was listening to it. Then I think he passed it on to the other mods.

Koolo thought it was a masterpiece, but he said he couldn't put it about MBDTF, though it was pretty damn close. Famous was his favorite song. I think the version he had didn't have Father Stretch My Hands or Ultra Light Beam.

As far as features go, Thugger was on Famous and High Lights (might be wrong on this one). Anyways, the Weeknd was also on the second Young Thug feature. Chris Brown was on Waves. I think he said someone was on FML but I can't remember for sure. TY$ and Post Malone were still on Fade, and Sia and Vic Mensa were still on Wolves.

Secretly why I'm hoping the album is either changed or the people on section80 were just lying/had very old versions.

Fuck Chris Brown

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Compiled all of Mike Tyson's impressions:

This is still an early mix for sure, I think this is from right around the time he changed the name to WAVES and dropped Nina Chop from the album. Only 5 songs sound close enough to a final mix, but a lot of these are just a mess. This album is NOT meant to be heard in this version (hence why I deleted it and will only re-listen when I cop the final version on Thursday) but even from the rough listen I could tell right away why Kanye is so excited about this release.

Kanye has always furthered the genre though his fearless innovation, but this album almost sounds like he’s furthering beyond the genre, leaving the rest of rap behind. There are a lot of songs carried by arrangement and production alone that each song becomes very much a journey or experience. Right down to the features, no guest artist is used in typical fashion. Rather, their voices are used as instrumentation, whether it be a hook, bridge, or background vocals. We've seen Kanye like this before, but never quite at this level.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but a few more specific details: as was previously revealed by BLB on twitter, Young Thug is on this album (twice). One of the tracks is unmixed and so I only listened once, but he is definitely reigned in on this album by Kanye. On another track with Young Thug, there is a 2nd featured artist that I will not reveal, but that featured artist really takes the track to another level as he often has in his career. Lastly, Fade is something else. I wish snippets never leaked for this, it's a special track.

Wolves is not the version from the live performances or the adidas show. It’s been re-arranged, and yes, Vic Mensa is still on it. But this song is something else. My version of the album doesn’t have ULTRA LIGHT BEAM, so the album ends with this song. And honestly, I have nothing but immense exceptions for ULB because I can’t imagine ending the album on a higher note than this.

Again, I won’t release any specific details because this rollout is different for Kanye. It’s going to be played for the world at the same time on Thursday when he does his show at MSG, and that’s the way it should be heard. I'm not going to ruin this rollout for Kanye. This version of the album should not exist, and I’ve deleted it off of my computer because I have no intention of every hearing it again. When Kanye said “album of the life”, I honestly might think that he was right.

When @Ordinary Joel said that "you don't know Kanye if you think you're getting anything less than 11 new tracks", he was right. Man, Kanye is really the greatest of all time. I can't wait until I hear this again on February 11th.
Also, Kanye saw something in Travis Scott, and you see what on this album. And if Kanye was only going to include one Canadian on this album, he picked the right one.

That's all I'm gonna say boys, can't wait for the listening session thread on Thursday. I'm a changed man, this album is like finding out Jesus really did exist.
I guess that means no Drake?
Depending on how the final mix turns out, imo, it could challenge MBDTF for his best album ever.
I think top 3. My top 3 is MBDTF, 808s and one of CD or Yeezus.

But yo that's all I'm going to answer now, 3 more sleeps til we all hear it together.
It's not really that haphazard Thug we've been getting, but he does spaz at the end of the song. The mixing on this song in particular is trash so I couldn't get an appreciation for it at all.

The other song Thug is on, he's used in a very limited role.
Last thing I'ma say until public release.

FML is contender for song of life if you liked Blame Game. It doesn't sound like it, but it takes you to a very similar place.
High Lights is so good. It's Kanye and two other artists.
The features are not excessive on this, they're perfect.

No reason to believe dude, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom