• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
5N6qy39.jpg

2w5Y9co.jpg

DO NOT POST LEAKS
DO NOT ASK FOR OTHERS TO POST LEAKS
DO NOT SHITPOST
DO NOT BEG FOR PMs OF LEAKS
DO NOT WILLINGLY START THE KANYE CYCLE
DO NOT HINT AT OR PSEUDO-ASK FOR PEOPLE TO PM YOU LEAKS
DO NOT EVEN HINT AT WHERE TO FIND LEAKS

2ZOvV68.jpg

Release Date: February 11th, 2016

"He went a little left with [Yeezus]... but that's the reason why I feel like this one is going to really connect."
- Symbolyc One

Kanye's latest album has probably been the one shrouded with the most question marks. What will it sound like? What is the inspiration/theme? How do you follow Yeezus? Is Kanye too happy to make a good album anymore?

Similarly, all these questions have been met with multiple, conflicting answers, mostly because the project has changed quite a bit over time. Initially, the project was explicitly referred to as a "Yeezus 2," then slowly we got reports of Kanye reinfusing his signature soul sample sound into minimal Yeezus production, and even reports of a Yeezus Remix album that may have actually existed at some time. More and more reports of Kanye infusing his old sound and focusing on creating positive vibes and happy music rolled in, culminating in the release of two collaborations with Paul McCartney. The few things we have consistently heard from collaborators and Kanye himself have been that he has aimed less for a cohesive concept and more for an enjoyable, summer cookout body of work with a "message of love".

All the locations you see on these postcard banners are places where recording of the project took place over the past 3 years.

t5FeyEI.jpg

1. Ultralight Beam ft. Chance The Rapper & Kirk Franklin (Prod. by Derek Watkins, Swizz Beats, Mike Dean, Rick Rubin, & Kanye West)

2. Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1 ft. Kid Cudi (Prod. by Rick Rubin, Kanye West, Metro Boomin, & Mike Dean)

3. Pt. 2 ft. Desiigner (Prod. by Metro Boomin, Mike Dean, Rick Rubin, & Kanye West)

4. Famous ft. Rihanna (Prod. by Noah Goldstein, Havoc, Charlie Heat, & Kanye West)

5. Feedback (Prod. by Charlie Heat, Plain Pat, Mike Dean, & Kanye West)

6. Low Lights (Prod. by Kanye West & DJ Dodger Stadium)

7. Highlights ft. Young Thug (Prod. by Velous, Mike Dean, Southside, & Kanye West)

8. Freestyle 4 ft. Desiigner (Prod. by Hudson Mohawke, Mike Dean, Noah Goldstein, & Kanye West)

9. I Love Kanye (Prod. by Kanye West)

10. Waves ft. Chris Brown (Prod. by Charlie Heat, Anthony Kilhoffer, Kanye West & Hudson Mohawke)

11. FML ft. The Weeknd (Prod. by Kanye West, Mitus, Noah Goldstein, & Metro Boomin)

12. Real Friends ft. Ty Dolla $ign (Prod. by Boi-1da, Havoc, Frank Dukes, & Kanye West)

13. Wolves ft. Frank Ocean & Caroline Shaw (Prod. by Sinjin Hawke, Mike Dean, Cashmere Cat, Caroline Shaw, & Kanye West)

14. Silver Surfer Intermission (Prod. by Kanye West)

15. 30 Hours (Prod. by Karriem Riggins, Mike Dean, & Kanye West)

16. No More Parties in L.A. ft. Kendrick Lamar (Prod. by Madlib & Kanye West)

17. Facts (Charlie Heat Version) (Prod. by Southside, Metro Boomin, & Kanye West)

18. Fade ft. Post Malone & Ty Dolla $ign (Prod. by Anthony Kilhoffer, Kanye West, Charlie Handsome, Vojtesak, & Mike Dean)

MwKRSyh.jpg

Below is a list of known notable individuals who have been contributed to the project in one regard or another, and is NOT a list of confirmed features.

jk9RDGd.png
88-KEYS
o7pK5C5.png
ALLAN KINGDOM
oqZczHV.png
BRUNO MARS
CPDd0lg.png
CASHMERE CAT
OxTUTOa.png
CHANCE THE RAPPER
BfjTAff.png
CHARLIE HEAT
HstD3nj.png
CHIEF KEEF
DcjcSM1.png
CONSEQUENCE
x8Ma8Nr.png
CYHI THE PRYNCE
I7guewq.png
DA INTERNZ
QXvIKaq.png
DIDDY
Ayv4zbB.png
DJ MUSTARD
pQvT1z8.png
DRAKE
9qX0hVX.png
EVIAN CHRIST
SqowsJS.png
FONZWORTH BENTLEY
qpcblCv.png
FRENCH MONTANA
faKXQ5W.png
HUDSON MOHAWKE
PibjxWr.png
JAMES BLAKE
9jZ4Huu.png
JAMES FAUNTLEROY
YQqjdrb.png
JOHN LEGEND
Jx3qC2z.png
JUSTIN BIEBER
9ZeJTZu.png
KANYE WEST
X9ClXaI.png
KENDRICK LAMAR
PoWhdIb.png
MADLIB
A3kMKCq.png
MADONNA
8dNr5hp.png
MALIK YUSUF
iTw36St.png
MARIO WINANS
qRjL6ys.png
MIKE DEAN
nCvyHkg.png
MIKE WILL MADE IT
tEy4H5h.png
PAUL MCCARTNEY
5gng9Bd.png
POST MALONE
IzQcVPb.png
PUSHA T
f7Mk80t.png
Q-TIP
nhF2ZZ4.png
RICK RUBIN
wXyHxP9.png
RIHANNA
4Ubl4QV.png
ROSCOE DASH
SZ0c4v6.png
SIA
gHbfklg.png
SINJIN HAWKE
dhZm4sX.png
SWIZZ BEATZ
9YhsW65.png
SYMBOLYC ONE
ZhNqrse.png
THE WEEKND
X8iRYxA.png
THEOPHILUS LONDON
gTA0X1G.png
TONY WILLIAMS
WQDbEGe.png
TRAVI$ SCOTT
JX1GbLJ.png
TY DOLLA $IGN
nkI8SoG.png
VELOUS
VWqhofP.png
VIC MENSA
SpzZFHe.png
YOUNG CHOP
HCPCsqV.png
YOUNG THUG

SM9tW4g.jpg

-MUSIC-
Only One - Official Video
FourFiveSeconds - Official Video
Wolves - Debut at Kanye's adidas Fashion Show
All Day - The Brit Awards 2015
When I See It (Tell Your Friends Remix)
Say You Will (Remix) ft. Caroline Shaw
G.O.O.D. Fridays Facts
G.O.O.D. Fridays Real Friends
G.O.O.D. Fridays No More Parties in LA

-PERFORMANCES-
Only One - 57th Grammys Performance
FourFiveSeconds - 57th Grammys Performance
Kanye headlines the Roc City Classic
Drake covers Only One and FourFiveSeconds
Only One & Wolves - SNL 40th Anniversary Special Performance
Only One - Skavlan Performance
Only One - The Jonathan Ross Show Performance
Wolves & U Mad - Performance at KOKO, London Surprise Concert
All Day - Performance at KOKO, London Surprise Concert

-INTERVIEWS-
The Breakfast Club
Zane Lowe (2015)
BigBoyTV
Ebro

HiMhuuS.jpg

Shout outs to:
  • Kanye's newfound happiness for inspiring the banners.
  • GAF-Hop for saving us from terrible OT hip-hop threads.
  • KTT for continually setting new, powerful standards of stannery.
  • The Coli for making it impossible to have internet discussion about hip-hop without their patented smilies and making me make so many smilies.

Not to be a jackass, but we are atleast 3 weeks away from the release. There's already a discussion thread, isn't it?

Here's hoping the songs are actually decent this time, and not some late night dream music.

PBY

Banned
Since you mentioned KTT, lets get into a rundown of their running (very conspiratorial and probably not true) theories about SWISH:

1. SWISH is a multi-part album http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4479009.0

2. High Lights is part of Kanye's "Lights" series http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4478313.0

3. Young Thug will be on SWISH http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4481265.0

4. SNIPPETS x FUCKERY: http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4479113.0

5. Mensa taken off Wolves: http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4479305.0

6. Tour rumors: http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4481281.0

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not to be a jackass, but we are atleast 3 weeks away from the release. There's already a discussion thread, isn't it?

Here's hoping the songs are actually decent this time, and not some late night dream music.
Today we got confirmation from the horse's mouth that G.O.O.D. Fridays are back and it turns out that some of the songs we got already are drip-fed album cuts. So we're talking about songs off of the album now as well.

If mods see this as premature they can lock it until release, but we're getting songs off of the album now (a-la MBDTF; and it's thread for that matter) and I think that's game for discussion, on top of this being a hub for G.O.O.D. Friday tracks as well that seem to each get their own thread. It's centralized.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If those rumors about Vic Mensa are true, then I wouldn't be surprised if Ye got Drake to replace him.
This would be really dope, especially considering Wolves was the name of the album Ye wanted to do with Drake. Maybe he just got Mensa to originally do something written for Ye?

I really, really liked Mensa's part in the original, though. Best thing we've heard from SWISH thus far.

vordhosbn

Banned
im excited but at the same time 'm sad we won't be hearing anything like yeezus again, this album will mostly serve to convince people he hasn't changed (too much). tis a shame.

im excited but at the same time 'm sad we won't be hearing anything like yeezus again, this album will mostly serve to convince people he hasn't changed (too much). tis a shame.

I have a feeling it will be a regression as well, but Wolves disputes that.

Then again, No More Parties reinforces it.

Who knows

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Really hoping the album is better than the two GOOD Fridays songs...some of the weakest tracks I have heard from him, with almost all of Yeezus being more enjoyable than them...that being said, I am excited for this.

Glass Rebel

It's a shame that he didn't put All Day on the album. The CDQ was garbage but with some better mixing (closer to the live version) and the Kendrick verse it would have been lit.

Do you guys like the name of the Album?

I generally like his album titles for the most part, but this is the first miss for me.

Squalor

Do you guys like the name of the Album?

I generally like his album titles for the most part, but this is the first miss for me.
It's not fantastic, but I hated "So Help Me God," so I suppose indifference is better.

It is fun to say "swish," though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom