• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016: What Games will Nintendo announce / tease for NX

jonno394

Titles shown for NX launch

Nintendo

Super Mario 64 - 2
Zelda Wii U/NX
Smash Bros NX edition

Third Party

Zombi2
Skylanders
Just Dance
A sonic title

Titles shown for release whenever:

Mario kart 9
Luigis Mansion 3
Eternal Darkness successor from Retro
Some square/Nintendo collaboration teased
A new Nintendo musou title from Koei Tecmo

They still have only 20 people. And the tropical freeze stuff was very much considering only a few of them worked on it. 20 people is nowhere near enough for he development unless it's pretty simple
I respectfully disagree.

Just look at No Mans Sky, from a team of about a dozen people.

mrmickfran

Zelda NX port (this one is a given)
New 3D Mario (It'll be 3 years since 3D World when the NX releases)
Pikmin 4 (Development moved from Wii U)
Smash 4 port
Mario Kart 8 port (all DLC and stuff included)
Splatoon port (it'll be too soon for a sequel, Splatoon isn't even a year old)

Possible 3rd Party games:

Sonic anniversary title
Dark Souls III
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XV (lol)

Wolfie5

Zelda NX(port) - Launch
Mario 3D NX - Holliday 2017
Pikmin 4 NX - Q1 2017
Smash Bros NX(port) - Launch
Metroid NX - Fall 2017 (Do it, Nintendo!)
New IP NX - Launch
Party game NX - Launch
Party game 2 NX - Launch
Old third party ports
New third party ports
New third party exclusive

rschauby

Banned
I guarantee they'll launch a Virtual Console that requires us to buy all their games again for the 10th time.

I'm hoping they start off with games that never made it on Wii U: Zelda and Metroid.

Nintendo:
-Zelda NX
-3D Mario
-Wii U Ports for launch window (Smash, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Pokken, Paper Mario)
-New IP (Launch Window?)
-Revived IP (Eternal Darkness, Star Tropics?)
-New VC support (Sega back with Genesis, Dreamcast. Gamecube)

Third Party:
-Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Launch window, with BG&E HD at launch)
-GOTY Ports (The Witcher 3, Fallout 4)
-New Ports (Dark Souls 3, FFXV, DQ11)
-Indie Reel (Axiom Verge, The Witness, Rocket League, Terraria, Trine 3)
-Minecraft (Included Nintendo Skins)
-Lots of stuff from Bandai Namco and Tecmo
-Exclusive something from Platinum

This would probably be a best case scenario for what they could do.

I wouldn't expect the hear anything about a new Smash game for a long time yet. Maybe a GotY version of Smash 4, that includes all the DLC (and if we're really lucky, all the Wii U and 3DS stages), but definitely not a new one.

AntMurda

I wouldn't expect the hear anything about a new Smash game for a long time yet. Maybe a GotY version of Smash 4, that includes all the DLC (and if we're really lucky, all the Wii U and 3DS stages), but definitely not a new one.

I think it's pretty logical to expect a DX port and not a new Smash here.

Pokemaniac

I think it's pretty logical to expect a DX port and not a new Smash here.

Given Nintendo's attitude towards Smash in the past, it's also pretty logical to assume, if a port of Smash 4 happens, it will be the Smash game for NX, and NX won't get a proper new Smash.

Given Nintendo's attitude towards Smash in the past, it's also pretty logical to assume, if a port of Smash 4 happens, it will be the Smash game for NX, and NX won't get a proper new Smash.

How is that at all indicative of "Nintendo's attitude towards Smash"? We've never had a GotY version of Smash before.

Lunar15

I'd be shocked if they didn't have a mario in the launch window, and I'm not talking NSMB. We've known that Kozaki's team has been working on it, and god knows they've had enough time.

That said, launching with Zelda is a good situation for them. Mario and Zelda on launch day might be a bit much, Mario will probably be next year.

Super curious as to whether or not they announce a new Metroid. It's about damn time.

Pinky

Banned
Announce:

3D Mario
Pikmin 4
Smash Bros (U port with all DLC)
Zelda U/NX port
Pokken U/NX port (just a guess)
New IP ?
A few third-party efforts
A secret third-party collaboration (?)

Tease:

Metroid
Please, God
Punch-Out!!
BG&E2 (maybe?)

It is a bit sad to see this thread after the news dropped by Nintendo last week. Though I still believe that Nintendo will show a couple of surprises during their E3 Direct (if there is one). Even if the focus is Zelda, and I am totally ok with that, there should be some other announcements.

Being Zelda the main focus, the game has to be THE GAME, ,you know, it has to be a revolution inside the saga somehow.

Top Bottom