• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Since they're ripping it out of physical copies, is it too much to expect that CDkeys will send out the codes for Overwatch a good bit (a day at least) before release?

Kyolux

Ooh bestbuy/futureshop just charged me for Uncharted

Had an email this morning from amazon saying my payment didn't go through.

Had to chat with them to get this fixed. Order was from 2014 and didn't realize I hadn't updated my CC on that order.

Seems like I acted quickly enough to avoid delays. It's now "shipping today", was preparing for shipment once chat rep fixed my CC on it.

Hopefully it doesn't get stalled or something. I don't need it for Tuesday, but need it for that following week-end at the very latest.

Kyolux

Mine is expiring on June 1 and didn't plan on renewing until I have a good reason to. (Mostly done with Dark Souls 3 and free games have been lackluster for a while) But I'd take a free year. :)

Thanks for your hard work, I mostly keep an eye on your posts on FB. That's you too right?

edit: Egh.. sorry for double posts.. I thought I was in edit for some reason.

Big Chungus

what the heck

i called best buy to change the shipping address of my uncharted 4 order but it's still being shipped to my old one, even after the person on the phone confirmed it was going to the new address.

Moltenix

Uncharted 4 is tempting me to get a PS4 but it'd be silly to get one now before we see what gets announced at E3. Whether that be a price drop, better bundles, etc. Ugh!!

BTails

Shipping-GAF Trigger warning!

Amazon.ca tried to muck me around with my Uncharted 4 (e3 preorder), just like they did with previous games in the same order. It had been showing as delivery expected today all week, despite not shipping. I finally got an email this morning saying my order was delayed and that it'd be shipping May 13 (Next Friday).

I went on live chat, and they switched it to ship today after I complained, and has a guaranteed delivery for Tuesday. A happy ending, thankfully.

Kyolux

Yoo I was a fiend for these back in middle school. Don't drink pop now but I'll definitely make an exception for this.

Thanks Trudeau!

The Subway near work has a free-style pepsi fountain where you can make cherry/vanilla (or both) pepsi and other stuff. But having the real thing beats it.

But I used to be addicted to cola and cut down hard on the stuff. Vanilla coke is my favorite too. Ugh.. I'll be making an exception for this too.

Hopefully (for my health) it's a limited time thing.

Uncharted still says it will ship today for me. Fully expecting them to fuck that up and not ship it until after Tuesday like they've done with my last few orders.

Aryanos

Banned
Uncharted 4 is tempting me to get a PS4 but it'd be silly to get one now before we see what gets announced at E3. Whether that be a price drop, better bundles, etc. Ugh!!

Yea I wouldn't with the impending Neo announcement around the corner. There's no point to get a PS4 now as they'll probably be a flood of people trying to unload them soon and if you wait you'll get to play the best version of UC4 in the fall if they do a Neo version.

krae_man

Not sure if cellphone plan deal.

If you are in Edmonton, Calgary, or the GTA then Chatr is offering unlimited talk/text/data (everything after 1GB at reduced speeds) for $40. I'll probably stick with Wind out of principle, but it's a tempting deal. They're on Roger's network.

You know Wind has plans with unlimited canadian roaming now right?

How is Chatr? Do they get LTE/4G on Roger's network?

Chatr is a Rogers Budget brand. It's meant for people who don't need data at all or very little. 3G speeds only.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
what the heck

i called best buy to change the shipping address of my uncharted 4 order but it's still being shipped to my old one, even after the person on the phone confirmed it was going to the new address.

Yup, this happened to me with The Division. Had to go retrieve it from the new owner of my old place myself 8 days after it was delivered. I changed my address months beforehand and everything, but nope.

what do you mean hoping? Sprite Zero is everywhere. There's a 2L bottle in my fridge right now.

Vanilla Coke is disgusting

I will fight you.

krae_man

They don't really..

The roaming part you need to pay for usage (and have a whole lots of minutes).

The $60 plan has unlimited Data roaming too if you really really can't do without data while roaming. Plus you get 5gb of home zone data and the Call/Text roaming includes the US.

My copy of Uncharted 4 just showed up from Amazon (free shipping selected no less!)

... now to get through 7 hours of work before I can boot er up....

I received any email from Amazon.ca at 1:10 pm EST that my E3 Uncharted 4 preorder would now be delayed and would not ship to May 13. In a rage I contact Amazon.ca via chat 10-minutes later. I very politely complain about this and before the Amazon rep finishes his reply to me I received a second email from Amazon.ca upgrading my shipping to release day and I will have it Tuesday May 10.

Yeah for Amazon!

Kyolux

2016_05_06.jpg

Well I'm gonna have to spend extra time at the gym this week-end..

The $60 plan has unlimited Data roaming too if you really really can't do without data while roaming. Plus you get 5gb of home zone data and the Call/Text roaming includes the US.

Oh missed that one. I'm on an old $35 plan with unlimited everything, so I rather stick with that. Tried switching to Videotron for the music unlimited/2 gigs data a few weeks ago at a fairly good discount, but my phone doesn't support their network (Moto G 2nd gen) so I ended staying with this.

A bit of Off topic question which you guys might be able to provide some insight:

I am trying transfer my lease to someone else and I am wondering if you guys know of any website other than Kijiji I should list my apartment on? This is for the Montreal area.

Thanks Canada-gaf!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Shipping-GAF Trigger warning!

Amazon.ca tried to muck me around with my Uncharted 4 (e3 preorder), just like they did with previous games in the same order. It had been showing as delivery expected today all week, despite not shipping. I finally got an email this morning saying my order was delayed and that it'd be shipping May 13 (Next Friday).

I went on live chat, and they switched it to ship today after I complained, and has a guaranteed delivery for Tuesday. A happy ending, thankfully.

I'm having the same issue, says "shipping out May 13". I'm on with the second support rep. and they are saying they talked with the department and it will enter the shipping phase soon...
What did you say exactly to get them to give you day one delivery?

Kyolux

A bit of Off topic question which you guys might be able to provide some insight:

I am trying transfer my lease to someone else and I am wondering if you guys know of any website other than Kijiji I should list my apartment on? This is for the Montreal area.

Thanks Canada-gaf!

lespac maybe? (http://www.lespac.com/)

Ask people to share it on FB too?

That's all I got.

imBask

Banned

Thanks Canada-gaf!

check padmapper, it pulls from craigslist and kijiji, but I think you can also list it on their system

vulva

So I'm moving to the US for a year and have unlimited US roaming with wind. Will this bite me in the ass in any way by keeping my current plan as my primary phone plan while living there?

I'm having the same issue, says "shipping out May 13". I'm on with the second support rep. and they are saying they talked with the department and it will enter the shipping phase soon...
What did you say exactly to get them to give you day one delivery?

Mine says shipping May 9th on tracking, but it says shipping today... huh?

The last 4 PS4 games I've ordered from Amazon have come with the disc bouncing around loose in the case. If Uncharted comes that way I'll be so mad. Not sure why they can't use cardboard envelopes like I usually get from Best Buy.

krae_man

So I'm moving to the US for a year and have unlimited US roaming with wind. Will this bite me in the ass in any way by keeping my current plan as my primary phone plan while living there?

You are not allowed to do that. A minimum percentage of your usage must still be in a home zone. You will get cut off if you try that.

If they allowed that, what would stop hundreds of thousands of Americans from doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom