• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I took my car in for an oil change and my all-season tires put back on... Turns out my brakes are effed, and my transmission fluid needs to be badly changed.

Cancelling a bunch of pre-orders now >_<

As someone who was in a car when the brakes stopped working suddenly I would advise you to change them asap...

Sucks for missing out on games though :-(

Luigi87

Yeah I told them to do it, so they're working on it now. No way I'm going to take a risk with brakes of all things.

Transmission fluid also needed changing, so doing that too, 'cause don't want to risk that breaking the whole thing.

As someone who was in a car when the brakes stopped working suddenly I would advise you to change them asap...

Sucks for missing out on games though :-(

Yeah I had to give up Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (which I really wanted) and had to cancel my Grand Knights LE I had on discount... Oh well.
Overwatch is still up in the air, but I REALLY don't want to cancel that.

ovii

Yeah I told them to do it, so they're working on it now. No way I'm going to take a risk with brakes of all things.

Transmission fluid also needed changing, so doing that too, 'cause don't want to risk that breaking the whole thing.

Whats wrong with your brakes? The brake pads need to be changed? If this is the case, it shouldn't cost you too much. A mechanic friend did it for free while I bought the parts, however, we also brought another car to a dealership and we got charged under a grand Nevermind, just talked to the wife, it was for another car issue. This reminded me that I probably need to look at my breaks soon.

I do agree with the others that your safety and means of transportation should go well above video games.

Did they give you an estimate?

LakeEarth

Transmission fluid is very important. I let it slide, and the whole transmission went and I had to get a new car.

Luigi87

Whats wrong with your brakes? The brake pads need to be changed? If this is the case, it shouldn't cost you too much. A mechanic friend did it for free while I bought the parts, however, we also brought another car to a dealership and we got charged under a grand Nevermind, just talked to the wife, it was for another car issue. This reminded me that I probably need to look at my breaks soon.

I do agree with the others that your safety and means of transportation should go well above video games.

Did they give you an estimate?

Pads are worn, but the rotors are also rusted. One rear brake is completely non-functioning which has stressed out the remaining ones (particularly the front). Contacted the dealership and they had a similar price quote for the work to be done, so I just stuck with where I was.

Transmission fluid is very important. I let it slide, and the whole transmission went and I had to get a new car.

I was going to and just do the brakes, but my parents were adamant I do that too and not take the risk.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm in the same boat - took my car in for routine oil change, they checked my brakes and of course they need to be replaced. It sounds like the pads are worn down (one is at about 3mm). I'm looking at $955 to get them done... of course I found out this needed to be done 2 days after I got my BlizzCon ticket + booked my hotel, thankfully I hadn't booked my flight yet otherwise I'd be fucked. So I'm going to get that done hopefully within the month.

Luigi87

Tokyo Mirage CE:

120 FUCKING $

https://www.ebgames.ca/Wii U/Games/723800/

EDIT: Will be back up officially at 1PM EST

The amount of money I've spent on making a cosplay of that that version's Chrom (which now stings 'cause of my whole car ordeal, lol) I'll have to stick with my cosplay and pass on the game, CE and vanilla... bluh

I'm in the same boat - took my car in for routine oil change, they checked my brakes and of course they need to be replaced. It sounds like the pads are worn down (one is at about 3mm). I'm looking at $955 to get them done... of course I found out this needed to be done 2 days after I got my BlizzCon ticket + booked my hotel, thankfully I hadn't booked my flight yet otherwise I'd be fucked. So I'm going to get that done hopefully within the month.

I'm heading to Anime North in Toronto at the end of the month, and with my hotel fee, it stings...
Odds are I won't actually buy anything there, and just attend for the experience, lol (I've put in too much time and effort on my cosplay to pass on it now)

Wow, it is actually cheaper from Amazon US. What the heck? I pre-ordered one from there just in case, but had planned to cancel once it was available in Canada. Now I'm not sure what to do!

Wow, it is actually cheaper from Amazon US. What the heck? I pre-ordered one from there just in case, but had planned to cancel once it was available in Canada. Now I'm not sure what to do!

I pre-ordered from both and I'll just return the amazon.com copy to eb games when I'll receive it.

I think I might have to refuse this CE. $120 vs my $40-some regular edition doesn't look too good, especially with the economy being how it is over here.

ovii

uncharted just arrived!

However, my wife just informed me that we're leaving to Edmonton this weekend for mothers day! I have to finish this game today.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
oh yeah it did. I guess I won't bother with the switcheroo. don't like French crap on my crap

This comes up all the time in this thread. I know it's not the goal, but honestly it's a bit insulting.

uncharted just arrived!

However, my wife just informed me that we're leaving to Edmonton this weekend for mothers day! I have to finish this game today.

Out of curiosity, what was your estimate delivery before the shipping notice and are you a prime member? Oh and did it ship from Mississauga?

This comes up all the time in this thread. I know it's not the goal, but honestly it's a bit insulting.

As a french-speaking person I also hate the french stuff on my games...

ovii

Out of curiosity, what was your estimate delivery before the shipping notice and are you a prime member? Oh and did it ship from Mississauga?

It doesn't say where it was shipped from. The tracking page shows that it left the facility on Tuesday and arrived in Calgary on Wednesday, and delivered to me in Cochrane today.

Yes I am a prime member.

Ended up pre-ordering from EB, as well. The pick up in-store option is just too good to pass up. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Renewed

I won't get the Special Edition because I already own the Vocal Collection and the 300+ page artbook. Sticker sheets are nice but I haven't used any like from my last Cipher deck. And lyric cards lol

More important to me is Persona 5 Special Edition details...

killroy87

These Nintendo CEs are bordering on ridiculous. Xenoblade, Bravely Second, and now Tokyo Mirage are all charging wayyyyy too much for what you're getting (and I'm still taking into consideration the Bravely Second art book being well done). Comparing these to what the Odin Sphere or Grand Kingdom CEs get you for $99 is pretty sad.

I'm all for springing for a cool CE when it's done well, but these are pretty lazy. This should be like an extra $10-15

zroid

Banned
I was skeptical but that Bravely Second CE was worth it. the art book is too good. (helps I got it for $80 tho)

Zeeman

Not a deal, but GOG added Canadian dollar pricing to their site. Looks like it's slightly under the current conversion rate.

I ordered another blue shadow Xbox One controller, to use up some excess PayPal balance. I didn't like doing so online, but I think I'll keep it. I returned the other 3 controllers I had (copper, blue from Best Buy and another Lunar White).

The box looks like it was impaled a bit, but the rip doesn't go all the way through. It's in the front on the image, but when I put my finger into it it still holds. So the controller is surely okay.

oh yeah it did. I guess I won't bother with the switcheroo. don't like French crap on my crap

I know, my bad. I was gonna edit it out right away :x

So confused right now - what's wrong with the French/bilingual packaging? It's actually kinda cool for retro collecting, a little more "rare" than typical unilingual labels.

Anyways, is there any store allowing Persona 5 preorders yet? We have a JP release date, waiting and waiting on that NA date.

I'm glad I'm not interested in collecting or CEs. Or exotic Japanese games.

I've bought CEs in the past -- YEARS ago -- and gotten some as gifts. But the stuff just becomes clutter and collects dust.

Plus, steelbooks are teh devil.

diaspora

Not a deal, but GOG added Canadian dollar pricing to their site. Looks like it's slightly under the current conversion rate.

Not bad though I wish No Man's Sky would be cheaper. Steam version is $9-10 less even if a DRM-free version is tempting.

univbee

It looks too cluttered.

Looks fine to me.

6t6upWTl.jpg

MegaPanda

So confused right now - what's wrong with the French/bilingual packaging? It's actually kinda cool for retro collecting, a little more "rare" than typical unilingual labels.

The first time I cared about the bilingual packing is when I got FFXIII from EB. The NA release actually had a holo-foil cover which didn't get transferred over to the bilingual packaging that EB was selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom