• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

From Maro:

So all DFCs in Eldritch Moon (except for Ulrich) are Eldrazi.

This is extremely dissapointing.
SOI has 61% more DFC's compared to ISD. Assuming a similar increase from DKA to EMN*, there will be 21 DFC's. 6 of those are Meld cards and 1 is Ulrich. There are been 4 others revealed, so that means we should expect about 10 more DFC's.

*This doesn't account for the small sets no being medium-sized.

MoxManiac

Sorin Markov isn't banned in EDH and he can wind down someone's life to 10 the turn he comes out. I don't think the tree will be banned? Especially since it will have summoning sickness by default. It will be annoying though..

Toxi

Banned
It's just barely worth it for the card Phyrexian Arena, but yeah, sheesh.
People talk about how Jace is pushed into stories where he doesn't belong, yet nobody talks about how Yawgmoth really wants to see Urza Planeswalker fight Gerrard Capashen.

Sorin Markov isn't banned in EDH and he can wind down someone's life to 10 the turn he comes out. I don't think the tree will be banned? Especially since it will have summoning sickness by default. It will be annoying though..

Definitely will not be banned.

Haha, that's amazing!

Now for rules confusion: how does it interact with a Humble / Turn to Frog cast in response to the ability activation?

It goes off whatever its toughness actually is when the ability resolves as it's exchanging, so your opponent would go to 1.

The dream. Then kill with needle drop.

Or
Cryptolith%2BFragment%2B%255BEMN%255D.jpg

Rules interaction I hadn't considered: part of the reason for the change to DFC converted mana costs, with the backside being the same as the front, is to work with emerge. Previously, the back side would have cost 0, thus not helping reduce the emerge cost.

Also, there was that Influence of Emrakul card revealed earlier, the green enchantment that draws you two cards whenever you cast an Eldrazi spell with cost 7 or greater. I was wondering how that could possibly be useful. Real duh moment now, but emerge cards will probably all have CMC 7 or more.

On another note, after thinking about it, Delver of Secrets truly is the Innistrad dream. You experiment on bugs and become a bug thing. After a break, you get back to work and become a bigger bug thing. Now, at this point, most people think you have lost control, but it takes even less time than before to get back to work, and you start providing insect splicing for other people. He's the ultimate job creator!

Toxi

Banned
On another note, after thinking about it, Delver of Secrets truly is the Innistrad dream. You experiment on bugs and become a bug thing. After a break, you get back to work and become a bigger bug thing. Now, at this point, most people think you have lost control, but it takes even less time than before to get back to work, and you start providing insect splicing for other people. He's the ultimate job creator!
But then he got bought out by big Eldrazi business.

ZRqnLBf.jpg

Equipped creature gets +3/+3.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step.
Whenever ~ becomes unattached from a permanent, sacrifice that permanent.
Equip (2)

Why is this a rare.

How do you guys usually approach buying cards for the new expansion - do you just get the singles you like the look of or is it worth picking up some boosters at first to grab some commons/uncommons?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Obscure rules question:

You have out this guy and Mana Reflection. You tap him and get CC.

Do you have to spend both mana on a single instant/sorcery spell because of the wording or can you spend each on a different spell?

"It produces twice as much of that mana instead," so it would give you ♦♦ which must be spent on an instant or sorcery. It doesn't matter if you spend it on the same one or not, but the only way it can be spent is on instants or sorceries.

G.ZZZ

The equipment is a pumper and a sac engine both as one. I think it's a fine card. It's no Crafted Wargear, but it's fine.

DrArchon

Yeah, I can't see Tree of Perdition not getting insta-banned from EDH. Cutting someone's life to less than half of its starting total for 4 mana plus a turn to untap? No way that sticks around.

Curious Homunculus looks really solid actually. I like how you don't need to activate his ability to get him to flip, unlike something like Grizzled Angler. And it's gonna be piss easy to just have 3 instant/sorcery cards in your grave so I imagine most of the time he'll be untapping as a 3/4 with Prowess for 2, which is crazy.

Daedardus

Yeah, I can't see Tree of Perdition not getting insta-banned from EDH. Cutting someone's life to less than half of its starting total for 4 mana plus a turn to untap? No way that sticks around.

Curious Homunculus looks really solid actually. I like how you don't need to activate his ability to get him to flip, unlike something like Grizzled Angler. And it's gonna be piss easy to just have 3 instant/sorcery cards in your grave so I imagine most of the time he'll be untapping as a 3/4 with Prowess for 2, which is crazy.

It's a colorshifted reprint of a card from Innistrad, I actually don't know if the other one is banned. Lost my Doran deck right after Innistrad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It costs 4, needs to untap and people run removal in EDH. It's not getting banned.

Maledict

It's a colorshifted reprint of a card from Innistrad, I actually don't know if the other one is banned. Lost my Doran deck right after Innistrad.

Um, Tree of Redemption only affected *your* life total. This affects your opponents. It's a completely different card in terms of impact, it's not just colour shifted.

Angry Grimace

Gisa and Geralf is okay for the Zombies deck. Disappointed it has no anthem effect for them though. It's a total EDH card though so that's probably why. Seems like a cool EDH card since there's a billion zombies and basically all of them are blue or black (there's a couple of BG ones from Ravnica, but details).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Tree of Redemption got black.

this might be a dumb question (i haven't played magic properly for a decade!!!!), but if your tree of perdition takes 12 damage in combat and you tap it in your second main step do they go to 1 life?

Toxi

Banned
Nah. Taking people to 13 life doesn't win the game. Sorin can do something similar without summoning sickness for 6 mana and he ain't banned. Tree is vulnerable to sorcery speed removal.

Angry Grimace

Why is there a Liliana, the Last Hope story, and the spoiler is a bulk rare vampire? I can only imagine they must have given the spoiler to someone else like CFB.

How many fucks does Liliana give?

c4rd4r7_Hsa8OHnoib.jpg

"This many"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom