• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine E3 2016 trailer

theofficefan99

That's nice to hear. I've never been a fan of traditional new game + where you one-shot every enemy and boss (ala Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade), but I love new game + variants that reward me for doing well in my first playthrough and offer new challenges in my second (like Tales of Symphonia or Defender's Quest). I'm sure the latter would add weeks or months to dev time though.

Lol, weren't you the guy on Gamefaqs who was obsessed with Final Fantasy XIII and defended its story to death?

6 years ago lol. I'm fully aware of the issues with its writing/dialogue. Doesn't change that, from what I've seen, this game's dialogue doesn't seem to be very good. Still might pick it up because I'm a sucker for sci-fi and the game looks good otherwise.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Robert and I discussed/debated difficulty names for a while. I think Tourist and Super Spy are self explanatory as the very easiest and very hardest modes, if not just for their names but also their placement in the list.

The middle two options are basically a way for players to pick which "normal" they prefer, but we hope most people will pick the one that has the game's partial title in it, and has just enough difficulty and additional enemy abilities to encourage people to dig into the game's systems and strategies.

As an aside, a lot of people really love the hardest difficulties in our games, like a surprising amount.

Mikey Jr.

Robert and I discussed/debated difficulty names for a while. I think Tourist and Super Spy are self explanatory as the very easiest and very hardest modes, if not just for their names but also their placement in the list.

The middle two options are basically a way for players to pick which "normal" they prefer, but we hope most people will pick the one that has the game's partial title in it, and has just enough difficulty and additional enemy abilities to encourage people to dig into the game's systems and strategies.

As an aside, a lot of people really love the hardest difficulties in our games, like a surprising amount.

I like hard games if the punishment isn't severe.

For instance, in an RPG, if I lose a battle, I hate having to reload my last save and having to go back 10 minutes and retread again to that battle I lost. So I usually keep it at normal difficulty.

I'll bump it to hard if lets say I lose a battle, and I can retry that battle again from the beginning.

Yeah, if I say to myself "Ohh my God, I'm all the way back here?!?!", then yeah, I lower the difficulty.

To answer some questions:

I don't know if there will be a platinum trophy, but probably.

When you get a game over, there will be an option to restart the failed battle.

Ailments & buffs are very useful and some characters specialize in them. As I said earlier, there is no randomness with ailments, but behind the scenes, each ailment ability deals damage to that ailment's HP and once the ailment HP drops to 0, the ailment succeeds. The ailments in the game include:

Poison - Deals damage each turn. Lasts the entire battle. Only works on organic enemies.

Rust - Lowers speed and defenses. Lasts the entire battle. Only works on robotic enemies.

Curse - Lowers ailment defense and power. Lasts the entire battle. Only works on astral enemies.

Disarm - Lowers power for one turn.

Vulnerable - Take double damage from the next hit.

Stun - Skip a turn.

Charm - Next turn, targeting is reversed (attack allies, buff enemies).

Enrage - All damage received taunts (will attack last person to attack them) and reduced power on abilities that damage multiple targets simultaneously.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Are there no black people in the future?

Echo, a top agent at the API:
echoex.png

Mike, the API's mobile base's main pilot:
mikecsh.png

And many, many NPCs too obviously

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Did we already send out requests for what platform we want? I can't remember and now I'm buying a PC instead of upgrading to a PS4 Pro...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Did we already send out requests for what platform we want? I can't remember and now I'm buying a PC instead of upgrading to a PS4 Pro...

i also hate to ask again here, but i sent a message on the KS and never got an answer

i'd really like to retire the PS4 and play this on PC

Top Bottom