• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Hours Later GTA VI Trailer has already surpasses 50 million views, more than double that of Red Dead Redemption 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
gainm3jwaaaydao.jpg

• The next instalment of the popular Grand Theft Auto video game series, Grand Theft Auto 6, was recently announced by Rockstar, and the first trailer has garnered over 50 million views on the official Rockstar Channel in just ten hours.
  • Other channels have reposted the trailer, attracting even more views, bringing the total number of views to over 60 million in ten hours.
  • The high number of trailer views demonstrates the strong appeal of GTA games, as it has been ten years since the release of GTA 5.

Well, we knew it was going to be big – but this big? GTA 6’s debut trailer has already topped 50 million views (currently at 56 million views) less than ten hours after it was unceremoniously published by Rockstar following an unexpected leak. Unsurprisingly, it’s the number one trending video on YouTube worldwide right now, and this ignores the various mirrors uploaded by major channels like IGN and Gamespot.

GyRNczy.jpg

There’s a good chance this closes on 100 million by the end of the day. By comparison, the reveal trailer for GTA 5, back in 2011, has 96 million views in total and only 2.1 million likes and 40,000 dislikes. At the time of writing, the trailer has a 97% positive like-to-dislike ratio on YouTube, with over 6.8 million likes and 200,000 dislikes. The video has also amassed more than half a million comments.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Comparing RDR to GTA is only going to do a disservice to RDR. One's the sequel to the most profitable game ever, and other is the second game anyone has even heard of in that franchise.

Davesky

From my memory GTA V trailer reached 30-35 millions views in its first week, approximately the same amount of people that have played the series at the time. This trailer will reach 200 million by the end of the week, I wouldn’t be surprised if it reaches half a billion by the time of release.

Edit: forgot to take into consideration the amount of double dippers and also future trailers, so over 100 million easily but considering it’s GTA and Rockstar nothing will surprise me.

Last edited:
Two things I'm getting from this insane milestone the GTA 6 trailer has reached:

1) GTA 6 will be the biggest entertainment release we've ever seen (my guess is that it will bring in around $2B of revenue in the first week)
2) Both MS and especially Sony are the big winners here since GTA 6 will be current-gen console exclusive for a unspecified period of time.

Oh and in the case of Sony, they'll also be having the PS5 Pro by the time GTA 6 release as 'the best place to play the game' which will be a huge W for them.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
gainm3jwaaaydao.jpg

• The next instalment of the popular Grand Theft Auto video game series, Grand Theft Auto 6, was recently announced by Rockstar, and the first trailer has garnered over 50 million views on the official Rockstar Channel in just ten hours.
  • Other channels have reposted the trailer, attracting even more views, bringing the total number of views to over 60 million in ten hours.
  • The high number of trailer views demonstrates the strong appeal of GTA games, as it has been ten years since the release of GTA 5.

Well, we knew it was going to be big – but this big? GTA 6’s debut trailer has already topped 50 million views (currently at 56 million views) less than ten hours after it was unceremoniously published by Rockstar following an unexpected leak. Unsurprisingly, it’s the number one trending video on YouTube worldwide right now, and this ignores the various mirrors uploaded by major channels like IGN and Gamespot.

GyRNczy.jpg

There’s a good chance this closes on 100 million by the end of the day. By comparison, the reveal trailer for GTA 5, back in 2011, has 96 million views in total and only 2.1 million likes and 40,000 dislikes. At the time of writing, the trailer has a 97% positive like-to-dislike ratio on YouTube, with over 6.8 million likes and 200,000 dislikes. The video has also amassed more than half a million comments.

UaJMrWv.jpg

Ronin_7

Banned
SONY and Microsoft are laughing at the bank account.

This game wild move at least 30 million Next Gen Consoles.

Last edited:

E-Cat

gainm3jwaaaydao.jpg

GyRNczy.jpg

How do you see the number of dislikes? I thought YT made it hidden

Last edited:

poodaddy

Has surpasses.

Just slow down a little OP. You're always in such a hurry to post something first, but you're constantly making typos and mistakes. It's not a race.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
…everybody knows GTA5 is the single biggest piece of entertainment ever created by revenue, don’t they?

This thread feels like some are actually surprised the trailer is being this popular.

Frankly, the surprise would be if it wasn’t doing as well as it is.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Sixty-five million views now, and that's not counting all the leech and barnacle accounts that come up when you search for it. I wonder if the Tom Petty song iin the trailer is trending on Spotify and the like...

this game is going to sell 50 million copies in the first weekend, calling it. it's going to be the biggest entertainment anything, ever made. just a perfect storm.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Sixty-five million views ENGAGEMENTS now, and that's not counting all the leech and barnacle accounts that come up when you search for it. I wonder if the Tom Petty song iin the trailer is trending on Spotify and the like...
It's not views. It's "Engagements".
DlcCjlQ.gif

Dr_Ifto

I think the views got affected by the early release. I almost didnt know it was released last night if I didnt pass by it on a feed I follow. I was checked out for hte night last night almost.

Rhazkul

Cultural phenomenon. Everyone knows about GTA. I am personally not a fan of that crime simulator universe, but i get the appeal. Most boys love to be the cool badass dude and steal cars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom