• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 Announcement Crosses 300 Million Views

Skifi28

Nah you refuse to explain yourself because you know you can't. Also, don't give me that bs. You stated an opinion a public forum and normally what happens is someone might quote you and ask you about it. You purposely avoided it because someone called you out. You knew EXACTLY what you did by saying "here we go" you are such a fucking weasel get the fuck out of here with the lies. You aren't fooling anyone.

REFTC0e.gif
I have no idea what caused you to go into rage mode and start insulting me, but if you expect somebody to have a conversation with you when you're like this you need to reconsider. Anyway, I hope you resolve whatever personal issues you're going through.

I have no idea what caused you to go into rage mode and start insulting me, but if you expect somebody to have a conversation with you when you're like this you need to reconsider. Anyway, I hope you resolve whatever personal issues you're going through.
There is no rage here. I am just publically calling you out. You refused to give a conversation in the first place when I asked you a simple question in a well toned manner. Now you are trying to gaslight me? You are a fucking narcissist. Go fuck yourself and go on ignore. You knew exactly what you were doing by saying "here we go" that's not a conversation starter. So shut up.

Last edited:
Indeed. But some people in this thread are claiming that social media engagements and trailer views don't really mean anything.. I wonder why...
They absolutely do as it shows the huge amount of hype people have for this next GTA installment. I mean the news had such a big reach on socials that even my brother who's a very casual gamer texted me around 20 minutes after the news broke on twitter (he never does that with any game ever). This is insane levels of social media engagement which will lead to huge trailer views and eventually gargantuan sales figures.

Skifi28

You refused to give a conversation in the first place when I asked you a simple question in a well toned manner. Now you are trying to gaslight me? You are a fucking narcissist. Go fuck yourself and go on ignore.
I didn't realise I am forced to engage with whoever quotes me otherwise I have to be personally insulted. Must have misread the rules, my bad.

I mean, they're not even that bad. They work as you'd expect them to. Sure the 6th gen control is more responsive, but these new controls aren't the bane of your existence. Since it's GTA, it's almost certainly going to be more responsive than RDR2 that's for sure.
Nah they are pretty damn bad.

It's just lucky the shooting is so bare bones that they can get away with them being that bad. It's the most basic whack a mole cover shooting in existence

If the games had interesting combat scenarios with more interesting enemies they would be painfully inadequate.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Will the controls still be shit?

Yes they will.

Will any of the spineless game journalists call them out on it

No they won't

Will I still buy it like a chump because it looks pretty?

Yes I will
Of course, they won't call them out. Some outlet was bold enough to give GTA V a 7/10 (a higher score than it deserves) before fanboys even got their hands on it and they were sent death threats.

I hope Rockstar puts back the fun in GTA like in San Andreas. Balls-to-the-walls missions like stealing a jetpack from a military base or shooting down a bunch of helicopters from the sky in the middle of the desert. Hell, even burning that field of weed with the flamethrower was hilarious.

Not that shit in GTA V where you play as a longshoreman and move crates around. I couldn't believe my damn eyes when I was doing this.

They also hopefully bring the mission design to the 21st century.

FeralEcho

Oh I am not upset. I am laughing my ass off how you refuse to give reasoning. It is funny and quite pathetic lol.
You do seem pretty upset...Skifi just said "here we go" regarding your "engagements" argument and you're starting to ramble like a crazy person calling them pathetic.

Maybe rofif did trigger you a bit with that Forespoken comment lmao

You do seem pretty upset...Skifi just said "here we go" regarding your "engagements" argument and you're starting to ramble like a crazy person calling them pathetic.

Maybe rofif did trigger you a bit with that Forespoken comment lmao
Yes I am 100% triggered by an individual with a horrible taste in games and his Crusade and his life for Forspoken attitude. It's not like I am purposely trolling the fuck out of him or anything. No not at all. /s

There is no rage here. I am just publically calling you out. You refused to give a conversation in the first place when I asked you a simple question in a well toned manner. Now you are trying to gaslight me? You are a fucking narcissist. Go fuck yourself and go on ignore. You knew exactly what you were doing by saying "here we go" that's not a conversation starter. So shut up.

its not that serious man. chill out! why you personally attacking him for? theres no need for that.

Last edited:

Yes they will.

No they won't

Yes I will
Rockstar has shown the ability to develop amazing 3rd person gameplay. They did it with Max Payne 3 in 2012. It's too bad GTA V and Max Payne 3 were being developed simultaneously, because GTA 5 with Max Payne 3 gameplay would have been incredible . In the GTA 6 leaks, you can already see major improvements, like the ability to crouch and go prone. You will also be limited to carrying only a handful of weapons, which will be controversial, I am sure

Last edited:
Rockstar has shown the ability to develop amazing 3rd person gameplay. They did it with Max Payne 3 in 2012. It's too bad GTA V and Max Payne 3 were being developed simultaneously, because GTA 5 with Max Payne 3 gameplay would have been incredible . In the GTA 6 leaks, you can already see major improvements, like the ability to crouch and go prone. You will also be limited to carrying only a handful of weapons, which will be controversial, I am sure
I wasn't really fan of Max Payne 3 controls but I could see what they were going for.

Well hopefully I'm wrong but I won't hold my breath. They have been shocking since GTA4 but they've had zero reason to change. Hundreds of millions of sales and 97 metacritic will do that.

MMaRsu

Banned

Yes they will.

No they won't

Yes I will
Clearly another person who DID NOT TRY THE FPS CONTROL OPTION IN THE CONTROLS

the game players perfectly with it, click in the left stick to run etc.

MMaRsu

Banned
Wouldn't it be nice if they made fun of everyone like the older games did? Not much they wouldn't make fun of.

Not saying the new game needs this to be good, but it would make it better imo.

Something tells me they won't be making fun of antifa/BLM/the far left tho...

Would love to be proven wrong.

Like they made fun of black people in GTA V and GTA IV??

Oh wait they didnt, so are those games 'woke' according to you?

Tangerine

Stop woke mongering, if you went back and read some of the stuff they've done for GTA IV and GTAV you'd call it woke now because the far left arn't the only ones who want to be victims anymore.
No, no and no. Completed both of those games within the last 2 years btw, did you know GTA 4 runs at 60fps on series X? So again... No.

YCoCg

No, no and no. Completed both of those games within the last 2 years btw, did you know GTA 4 runs at 60fps on series X? So again... No.
How much of the Radio did you listen to and how much of the Internet did you read? (Also GTA IV is that old that the politics parodies in that game seem tame by real life now).

Clearly another person who DID NOT TRY THE FPS CONTROL OPTION IN THE CONTROLS

the game players perfectly with it, click in the left stick to run etc.
Only ever played the ps3 version I'am not paying rockstar twice for this average game!

If that is indeed the case first person should be the default and someone should slap the 3rd person control lead.

It wouldn't solve the 2005 mission design but that's another topic.

Tangerine

How much of the Radio did you listen to and how much of the Internet did you read? (Also GTA IV is that old that the politics parodies in that game seem tame by real life now).
Dude, I'm all about fucking around in those games. And I'm a 100%er for most games. So honestly, most if not all of it. It's funny shit.

I'm all for them making fun of EVERYONE. I highlighted soley left wing groups in my post because yes I do have a personal bias BUT I think they would be more afraid to make fun of the radical left than they would the radical right, and consequently may not make fun of anyone/anything in the current culture/climate; which I think would be a loss.

It's fine to disagree but don't come at me telling me what not to do (never even heard the term woke mongering or whatever you said) and assuming shit, because you don't know me, or what games I've played and when... Clearly.

Really not interested in getting into a back and forth btw. Have the last word if you wish.

Just out of curiosity, do they also care about the likes? I'm still surprised that the Marathon trailer only got 70k likes with 20m views.
Marathon is a strange case. Many people wanted too see the game after such a long slumber, but the trailer didn't show jack shit. Sadly we can't see dislike amount to compare it to the likes unless you use an addon/extension)

I believe views and actual comments are more important though than likes/dislikes.

Comments are a good indicator of how many people choose to spend the time to write about a subject and take the time out of the day to engage with it.

The likes and dislikes matter too, but not as much as the views and the comments themselves.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

There is no world in which gta 5 controls and play better than forspoken. Just responsiveness and amount of moves alone

It's as if GTA was based on something closer to the real world rather than something where the character moved shit with her freaking mind! Ha Ha!

The whole package of GTA has proven itself. Controls included.

One has earned $8 Billion and has constantly ~150k players concurrent every days on Steam alone

One has closed down the studio, has ~68 players current and all time peak of 12.6k players

They made parkour maybe interesting but there's no meat around the bone. That's part of being a successful developer, knowing that you can't just focus on one aspect of a game, it's a package.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's as if GTA was based on something closer to the real world rather than something where the character moved shit with her freaking mind! Ha Ha!

The whole package of GTA has proven itself. Controls included.

One has earned $8 Billion and has constantly ~150k players concurrent every days on Steam alone

One has closed down the studio, has ~68 players current and all time peak of 12.6k players

They made parkour maybe interesting but there's no meat around the bone. That's part of being a successful developer, knowing that you can't just focus on one aspect of a game, it's a package.
I don't care how much it sold. Gta controls like crap and it always did. big numbers are for casuals and you know that. People dont always choose what's best but what's popular.
It's fun to fool around but it's just a clunky gta. In 4, at least everything had weight. Here they removed weight from cars and only left euphoria physics based animations with your playher. They are realistic but bad to play.
You can have realistic controls that do not suck ass. Look at tlou2.

Edit: Of course it's apples to oranges. Realistic game / fantasy game. There is no comparing those. Let's end it here ok ?

Last edited:
I don't care how much it sold. Gta controls like crap and it always did. big numbers are for casuals and you know that. People dont always choose what's best but what's popular.
It's fun to fool around but it's just a clunky gta. In 4, at least everything had weight. Here they removed weight from cars and only left euphoria physics based animations with your playher. They are realistic but bad to play.
You can have realistic controls that do not suck ass. Look at tlou2.

Edit: Of course it's apples to oranges. Realistic game / fantasy game. There is no comparing those. Let's end it here ok ?
But you are the one who went on a defense Crusade to defend a no-name game that majority of people dislike and is known as a commercial and critical failure. Don't be sitting here now saying it's apples to oranges lol.

Either die on that hill or move along.

Last edited:
So the Meta (announcement of the trailer that properly announces the game) has already grossed 300 million views.. how many views will the actual trailer receive!?

And then how many sales will this badboy do when it drops.

I hope all you folk that hate seeing "wokeness" in your games will be able to sleep ok...

Top Bottom