• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 Announcement Crosses 300 Million Views

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
F-adIvObEAAZMvi.webp

On Wednesday, November 8, Rockstar Games very casually dropped a thread of four tweets on X(or Twitter). The last tweet in the thread revealed that they’ll be releasing the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto in early December. From the moment Rockstar Games’ posted it on its social media profiles, the news has spread like an internet wildfire. So much so that the announcement itself, with a beautifully designed .png of Rockstar Games’ logo on a black background has crossed over 300 million views.

On X, the tweet has over 161.7 million views as of writing this article, i.e., November 9, 10:47 pm, New York Time. The tweet(now called a ‘post’) has over 1.5 million likes, 48,000 bookmarks, 492,000 reposts and 53,000 replies. That’s just for the final tweet. If you combine stats from all four tweets, we have a total of 218.4 million views, 2.25 million likes, 55,600 bookmarks, 566,000 reposts, and 61,400 replies.

PlayStation, Xbox, and other gaming companies didn’t miss the opportunity to share their excitement on the announcement thread, helping their brand’s marketing. Devolver Digital left a reply too saying, “Do you need a publisher? DMs are open.” Opera GX replied, “liar”, attaching a screenshot that shows the former’s DMs are actually closed.
On Instagram, the post in the same fashion, Rockstar’s logo on a black background with the announcement text in the captions, has over 2.78 million likes and 53,194 comments. If you consider 3% of all viewers like a post on Instagram, that’s around 92.67 million views.

On Facebook, the post saw 314,000 likes along with 103,000 shares and 40,000 comments. Considering the same 3% like-ratio, we get around 10.46 million views.

GTA 6 has been trending #1 in over fourteen countries, with its announcement being the most-liked gaming tweet of all-time. The announcement has reached millions on Reddit as well. The post on r/gaming has over 15,000 upvotes with more than 1,500 comments. Similarly, the Bloomberg leak by Jason Schreier got around 11,500 upvotes with 1,300 comments on r/gaming.

On r/PS5, the combined upvotes for both the official announcement and the Bloomberg leak are 9,800 upvotes and 1,506 comments. 3,100 upvotes on r/XboxSeriesX with 743 comments. r/Games saw 7,600 upvotes with 1,975 comments on both posts combined.

As the trailer drops this December, we can easily expect it to surpass 100 million views within a week. Interestingly, they are still calling it the “next Grand Theft Auto” instead of “Grand Theft Auto 6”. As of September 2023, GTA 5 has sold over 190 million units worldwide, selling around 5 million units their latest quarter.

Leaving Peace Out GIF by Rockstar Games

Shubh_C63

Will be better than GTA5 without even trying.
I'm cautiously optimistic. I guess downfall of the charm of driving in videogames really did GTA series a disadvantage. They better come up with crazy story with stakes.

Puscifer

I have little hope it will be any good.
Considering that we went from 6 months from reveal to release to 2 years from reveal to release I can't imagine that we're getting much in the way of anything substantial other than a teaser and a single player that amounts to a 30 hour tutorial for the multiplayer.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Considering that we went from 6 months from reveal to release to 2 years from reveal to release I can't imagine that we're getting much in the way of anything substantial other than a teaser and a single player that amounts to a 30 hour tutorial for the multiplayer.
I am confident that gta5 success is not the game. It's their secretive markting

I'm not a big fan of R* but this output this generation really needs a good kick in the butt. I'm rooting for them for at least keeping that AAA hype. If they go the wayside of Starfield and Diablo4, then this gen is really fucked.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Will the controls still be shit?

Yes they will.
I mean, they're not even that bad. They work as you'd expect them to. Sure the 6th gen control is more responsive, but these new controls aren't the bane of your existence. Since it's GTA, it's almost certainly going to be more responsive than RDR2 that's for sure.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
F-adIvObEAAZMvi.webp

On Wednesday, November 8, Rockstar Games very casually dropped a thread of four tweets on X(or Twitter). The last tweet in the thread revealed that they’ll be releasing the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto in early December. From the moment Rockstar Games’ posted it on its social media profiles, the news has spread like an internet wildfire. So much so that the announcement itself, with a beautifully designed .png of Rockstar Games’ logo on a black background has crossed over 300 million views.

On X, the tweet has over 161.7 million views as of writing this article, i.e., November 9, 10:47 pm, New York Time. The tweet(now called a ‘post’) has over 1.5 million likes, 48,000 bookmarks, 492,000 reposts and 53,000 replies. That’s just for the final tweet. If you combine stats from all four tweets, we have a total of 218.4 million views, 2.25 million likes, 55,600 bookmarks, 566,000 reposts, and 61,400 replies.

PlayStation, Xbox, and other gaming companies didn’t miss the opportunity to share their excitement on the announcement thread, helping their brand’s marketing. Devolver Digital left a reply too saying, “Do you need a publisher? DMs are open.” Opera GX replied, “liar”, attaching a screenshot that shows the former’s DMs are actually closed.
On Instagram, the post in the same fashion, Rockstar’s logo on a black background with the announcement text in the captions, has over 2.78 million likes and 53,194 comments. If you consider 3% of all viewers like a post on Instagram, that’s around 92.67 million views.

On Facebook, the post saw 314,000 likes along with 103,000 shares and 40,000 comments. Considering the same 3% like-ratio, we get around 10.46 million views.

GTA 6 has been trending #1 in over fourteen countries, with its announcement being the most-liked gaming tweet of all-time. The announcement has reached millions on Reddit as well. The post on r/gaming has over 15,000 upvotes with more than 1,500 comments. Similarly, the Bloomberg leak by Jason Schreier got around 11,500 upvotes with 1,300 comments on r/gaming.

On r/PS5, the combined upvotes for both the official announcement and the Bloomberg leak are 9,800 upvotes and 1,506 comments. 3,100 upvotes on r/XboxSeriesX with 743 comments. r/Games saw 7,600 upvotes with 1,975 comments on both posts combined.

As the trailer drops this December, we can easily expect it to surpass 100 million views within a week. Interestingly, they are still calling it the “next Grand Theft Auto” instead of “Grand Theft Auto 6”. As of September 2023, GTA 5 has sold over 190 million units worldwide, selling around 5 million units their latest quarter.

Leaving Peace Out GIF by Rockstar Games
Why people are so cocained up with this game? People really are this deperate for some grandpa like storytelling in their life?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
GTA 5 was bad? How was GTA 5 bad? Are you on crack cocaine or something way worse?

Yes, it was so bad that's why Rockstar re-released 10 million different versions because it was selling so poorly.
Terrible story, 3 unfcused protagonists, worse driving than in 4. Casual crap. Some of worst mission design put in a video game.
Everything was better in 4. Characters, story, atmosphere, physics.
The open world and high production value of 5 clouded everyones mind on what's good in a gta game.

As for Forspoken, it plays x100 better than gta 5. It's sharp, fast, the combat is deep and satysfing. The movement is on another level compared to gta 5.

Terrible story, 3 unfcused protagonists, worse driving than in 4. Casual crap. Some of worst mission design put in a video game.
Everything was better in 4. Characters, story, atmosphere, physics.
The open world and high production value of 5 clouded everyones mind on what's good in a gta game.

As for Forspoken, it plays x100 better than gta 5. It's sharp, fast, the combat is deep and satysfing. The movement is on another level compared to gta 5.
I5u8Riw.gif

Last edited:
I already thought counting views on trailers was kinda silly, but counting views on announcements must be a new low.
How is counting views on a trailer silly? It's a literal metric to how much hype a specific game is generating or not. It is part of marketing and is very important too see if your game is generating a lot of engagements or not.

Here we go.
Regardless of what you opinion is, I as someone who works in the gaming industry can absolutely tell you that publishers absolutely look at that stuff and it is important to them. You have every right to have an opinion of whatever. But facts are facts.

The fact that you didn't even bother to explain anything and threw in a smart ass one liner just proves to me you have fucking clue of what you are talking about. Give a fucking reason to your so called "opinion" before you make a complete fool out of yourself like you just did lol.

Never ceases to amaze me how the general public is so fucking dumb when it comes to stuff like this.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Regardless of what you opinion is, I as someone who works in the gaming industry can absolutely tell you that publishers absolutely look at that stuff and it is important to them. You have every right to have an opinion of whatever. But facts are facts.

The fact that you didn't even bother to explain anything and threw in a smart ass one liner just proves to me you have fucking clue of what you are talking about. Give a fucking reason to your so called "opinion" before you make a complete fool out of yourself like you just did lol.

Never ceases to amaze me how the general public is so fucking dumb when it comes to stuff like this.
Why are you getting so upset?

He is still mad I've said forspoken is better than gta 5 lol
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016
Yes I am so mad about that, that's why I threw in a laughing Michael Jordan laugh gif. Your logic makes just as much sense as your horrible taste in games. Keep going, it's amusing.

Skifi28

Oh I am not upset. I am laughing my ass off how you refuse to give reasoning. It is funny and quite pathetic lol.
I wasn't having an argument in order to explain myself, you seem to be having an argument all on your own. Still, I'm glad it's going well and you're having fun. In the end it's all that matters.

mrmustard

Banned
Just out of curiosity, do they also care about the likes? I'm still surprised that the Marathon trailer only got 70k likes with 20m views.

I wasn't having an argument in order to explain myself, you seem to be having an argument all on your own. Still, I'm glad it's going well and you're having fun. In the end it's all that matters.
Nah you refuse to explain yourself because you know you can't. Also, don't give me that bs. You stated an opinion a public forum and normally what happens is someone might quote you and ask you about it. You purposely avoided it because someone called you out. You knew EXACTLY what you did by saying "here we go" you are such a fucking weasel get the fuck out of here with the lies. You aren't fooling anyone.

REFTC0e.gif

Last edited:
When they drop the trailer next month it will start trending #1 on all socials almost immediately cuz gamers are thirsty af for anything GTA6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom