• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Thinks That Laura Ingraham Made a Nazi Salute During the RNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding a photo of a politician with that hand gesture trying to explain something or wave at someone is different from standing at the podium and pulling a SEIG HEIL fuck outta nowhere.

Cn2oCBcXEAABNhV.jpg

"Hail Hydra..."

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The way she's treating it is making you all look crazy.
I dunno, Ray - you said she'd call it accidental, not go right for persecution complex, conspiracy theory and try to deflect onto Hillary. Is she falling into Hillary's trap now, by attempting to call her out for the same thing?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly this is stupid. I'm all for calling Republicans out on their bullshit, but this is beyond stupid and I can't even believe this is a thing. It's a fucking hand gesture that is barely there for a few seconds and then turns in a wave within another few seconds and then her pointing a few seconds later. This is ridiculous. Like I can't even believe I have to defend this stupid shit, because it is beyond stupid.

Just to be clear...I do not like republicans and am very okay with calling them out on their usual hateful bullshit. This is meaningless.

Quixzlizx

Honestly this is stupid. I'm all for calling Republicans out on their bullshit, but this is beyond stupid and I can't even believe this is a thing. It's a fucking hand gesture that is barely there for a few seconds and then turns in a wave within another few seconds and then her pointing a few seconds later. This is ridiculous. Like I can't even believe I have to defend this stupid shit, because it is beyond stupid.

Just to be clear...I do not like republicans and am very okay with calling them out on their usual hateful bullshit. This is meaningless.

I mean, you're feel to think it's stupid, but your explanation makes zero sense. You don't seig heil for 30 seconds at a time.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I dunno, Ray - you said she'd call it accidental, not go right for persecution complex, conspiracy theory and try to deflect onto Hillary. Is she falling into Hillary's trap now, by attempting to call her out for the same thing?

Either way, it works in her favor. She's not even acknowledging it that way because it's ridiculous sounding in the first place. I look at the Hillary tweet and see her saying "Haha, look how stupid you sound"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
attributes of nazi salute:
- right arm
- rigid and forward
- up at or slightly above head level
- straight hand
- palm down

*checks image in op*
check, check, check, check, check

*checks collage of hillary images*
wow almost none of them actually look like these requirements

look, no shit laura ingraham wasn't actually doing a nazi salute, it's just a bizarre and awkward gesture, but if you're gonna gotcha other politicians by saying "wow look they look like it too", you can't just make a collage of images of people waving.

giphy.gif

What really weirds me out too is how robotic her mannerisms are.
Yeah, seems less of a Nazi salute there and more of her robotic canned gestures coming out. As if she had it planned based on what pre-speech gestures "should" look like, "need a palm here, then a wave, then a point."

What an awkward human being. Weirdo.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Either way, it works in her favor. She's not even acknowledging it that way because it's ridiculous sounding in the first place. I look at the Hillary tweet and see her saying "Haha, look how stupid you sound"
Are we really going to pretend like a solid majority of her audience has any trouble comparing Clinton to Hitler? They're not going to look on the Hillary tweet as an example of how stupid the whole thing is, but as a way to deflect blame onto Clinton instead. And, just like that, Laura is already exposing her ugly side by escalating the conflict instead of defusing it outright.

Ray Wonder

no shit laura ingraham wasn't actually doing a nazi salute

That's the problem though, some people in here believe that she was genuinely Nazi saluting.

Are we really going to pretend like a solid majority of her audience has any trouble comparing Clinton to Hitler? They're not going to look on the Hillary tweet as an example of how stupid the whole thing is, but as a way to deflect blame onto Clinton instead. And, just like that, Laura is already exposing her ugly side by escalating the conflict instead of defusing it outright.

I don't see that much differently than what's going on in this thread against her. A bunch of people actually believing that she's doing Nazi salutes.

At first, I thought, okay honest mistake. Upon staring at the looping gif, no way. Only during her salute she is eyes locked on that picture of Drumpf. She unlocks her gaze, cracks a smile, and begins to wave only afterward.

AJLma

There's some "oops" in her expression there, people will see what they want to see though, on both sides for better or worse (most likely for worse).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think regardless of whether or not it is intentional, i think you should know not to put your arm in that way for longer than a second unless you actually want to portray yourself as a Nazi.

That's the problem though, some people in here believe that she was genuinely Nazi saluting.

Fine. A known racist waved to the Grand Wizard of the Republican Party in a way that resembled a Nazi salute.

It was probably accidental, or at least ironically racist. It probably wasn't another dog whistle.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I don't see that much differently than what's going on in this thread against her. A bunch of people actually believing that she's doing Nazi salutes.
So now we're in bad behavior justifies bad behavior territory now...at least you've abandoned your former pretense.

Ray Wonder

well there are no shortage of dumb people in the world, but you'd have to be really stupid to waste time trying to own dumb people and failing

Damn it I'm really stupid 😦

So now we're in bad behavior justifies bad behavior territory now...at least you've abandoned your former pretense.

Eh, I had no solid stance other than this lady is going to benefit from this situation no matter what.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Eh, I had no solid stance other than this lady is going to benefit from this situation no matter what.
She Godwin'd the situation in like 2 tweets - I'm not seeing much in the way of benefit here. Granted, it was already about Nazi salutes but she ran right for making a direct comparison between Hillary and Hitler rather than just walk things back the other way and say, "my bad".

Her echo chamber standing up for her is hardly a win, it's just status quo.

She Godwin'd the situation in like 2 tweets - I'm not seeing much in the way of benefit here. Granted, it was already about Nazi salutes but she ran right for making a direct comparison between Hillary and Hitler rather than just walk things back and say, "my bad".

Why would she say "my bad"?

She's a talk radio host and polemicist, not a politician. Her paycheck grows when she's in the spotlight.

Ray Wonder

She Godwin'd the situation in like 2 tweets - I'm not seeing much in the way of benefit here. Granted, it was already about Nazi salutes but she ran right for making a direct comparison between Hillary and Hitler rather than just walk things back and say, "my bad".

Fair enough. It's hard to measure benefit, considering she's not being polled for anything and not running for anything. Maybe she's looking for book sales or higher viewership for her radio show. Which I might tune into to see what she has to say about this Nazi salute fiasco.

After sleeping on it and seeing it again.... it's totally intentional, and totally a Nazi salute. There's no "well...maaaybe" about it.

I gotta wonder what WW2 heroes like President George H.W. Bush think of their party these days.

Holding your arm vaguely out in front of you isn't a seig heil.

Nor is a still image that someone took of a wave, arm movement, etc.

People are being daft as hell, not sure if it is on purpose or not.

After sleeping on it and seeing it again.... it's totally intentional, and totally a Nazi salute. There's no "well...maaaybe" about it.

I gotta wonder what WW2 heroes like President George H.W. Bush think of their party these days.

Fucking hell. Watch the entrance video, she did another salute! Oh wait, no she didn't, it is just an awkward arm movement.

Guevara

I guess I have trouble believing even a majority of the GOP is ok with direct Nazi imagery.

Like... we fought the Nazis back when America was great. The Nazis, remember, are losers.

Quixzlizx

Fair enough. It's hard to measure benefit, considering she's not being polled for anything and not running for anything. Maybe she's looking for book sales or higher viewership for her radio show. Which I might tune into to see what she has to say about this Nazi salute fiasco.

Apparently she has a history of trolling liberals by doing intentionally offensive things and then complaining about PC culture after receiving the blowback, which works out well because she's complaining to the conservative right-wing audience who tunes into her radio show.

Ray Wonder

She Godwin'd the situation in like 2 tweets - I'm not seeing much in the way of benefit here. Granted, it was already about Nazi salutes but she ran right for making a direct comparison between Hillary and Hitler rather than just walk things back the other way and say, "my bad".

Duh...it's a satiric response to the left-wing criticism of Laura's wave last night. Desperate liberals.
https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/756180372438839296

Looks like I called it. She's being sarcastic to point out how ridiculous it is.

PBY

Banned
Yo.

It wasn't a salute come on.

I feel like I'm in bizarro world. It makes no sense for her to do so - and the view suggesting it was is helllllaa conspiratorial.

She's been in the public eye for a minute, she sucks, her views suck, but she's not an idiot.

This is one of those times that I'm truly amazed by a reaction to something so obvious.

I guess not many people know who Ingraham is. Trolling liberals is probably one of her favorite parts of her job, and this is a callout to when Trump did a nazi salute-like thing before during the primary. I mean, she basically tossed a banana peel in front of you guys.

Quixzlizx

This is one of those times that I'm truly amazed by a reaction to something so obvious.

I guess not many people know who Ingraham is. Trolling liberals is probably one of her favorite parts of her job, and this is a callout to when Trump did a nazi salute-like thing before during the primary. I mean, she basically tossed a banana peel in front of you guys.

The only people getting really mad in here are the people who are sure it was completely meaningless.

Adaren

Yo.

It wasn't a salute come on.

I feel like I'm in bizarro world. It makes no sense for her to do so - and the view suggesting it was is helllllaa conspiratorial.

She's been in the public eye for a minute, she sucks, her views suck, but she's not an idiot.

It absolutely makes sense for her to do so. She's advertising off of it.

Totally intentional and totally not a Nazi salute. It is an odd hand wave and that is really all it is.

Are people actually serious...I cannot tell. You don't think that is a Nazi salute, right?

Why would you not think the party that's been increasingly pandering to white nationalist would do something like that jokingly or not?

I'm not sure how she's "trolling" anyone with a Nazi salute. If someone does a Nazi salute at a party campaign convention marred by white supremacist pandering and bigotry, they've made themselves look vile. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom