• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ico (TLG hype renewed)

brawly

ico__holding_hands_by_grantake-d5bnemb.jpg

Tried it a couple years ago right after beating Shadow of the Colossus for the first time and now it finally clicked. What an eery experience. Very little words spoken, yet a deep bond was created. Fending off those shadow creatures was always intense.

It was just the right length I thought. Simple, short and sweet. Beautiful ending aswell.

Man, I'm hyped for TLG again and not just because of the anticipation, but because I have complete faith in Ueda and his team after what I just played.

Played it on the PS3 btw, flawless port by Bluepoint as always.

I can't wait to replay SotC now!

Oh and legit shook that
those horns were real! wtf

wapplew

Truely the changed my view on video game moment when I grab Yorda hand for the first time, the rumble from dual shock, then the first save point rest on the bench...
First video game bonding, maybe it's normal nowadays, but it's was magical then, one diehard Ueda fan have born.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
One of the few games that can be considered art.

This was one of the few games that was on a CD instead of a DVD on the PS2. Shame about the tragic cover art :(

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Truely the changed my view on video game moment when I grab Yorda hand for the first time, the rumble from dual shock, then the first save point rest on the bench...
First video game bonding, maybe it's normal nowadays, but it's was magical then, one diehard Ueda fan have born.

Well said. The way it told the story, without any voice acting or much text, just purely...

remarkable.

Cess007

Played it after SotC and it was an incredible experience. The last act was incredible for me, and that ending with "You Where There" almost make me shed a tear.

OchreHand

Beautiful game. It's one of those games that sticks with you. The only other game that had that kind of impact for me was Journey

One of my favorite games of all time, and I like it more than SotC personally.

Along with others, it was my first game where I felt a bond through the gameplay without needed a story to be narrirated for me.

It was truly special. I never did get the Plat for it, would certainly but it again for Ps4.

wapplew

One of my favorite games of all time, and I like it more than SotC personally.

Along with others, it was my first game where I felt a bond through the gameplay without needed a story to be narrirated for me.

It was truly special. I never did get the Plat for it, would certainly but it again for Ps4.

I hope those trophy don't pop while I playing TLG. Please only pop until credit finish.

Lijik

Wish I played it when it came out, I cant believe how revolutionary it mustve felt back then. Didnt leave as big of an impact on me as I expected when I played it last year but I still appreciated it despite some clunky sections

I didn't like it the first time I played through it. When SotC came out, I loved the game so much that I felt compelled to give ICO another try, and it was a completely different experience. I connected way more with it the second time. And now I like it even more than SotC.

Shin-Ra

IcoUnsheath.gif

IcoScared.gif

IcoCage.gif

IcoSave.gif

Played it on the PS3 btw, flawless port by Bluepoint as always.

I can't wait to replay SotC now!
Bluepoint's Shadow of the Colossus falls quite a bit short of flawless I'm afraid. Don't let anyone convince you it's just how the updated SCEE PS2 version played.

Top Bottom