• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Controller not working for Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 in Windows 10

Lazaro

Okay, I managed to get the attention of one of the game compatibility members on the Windows team.

RDB7GfR.png

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/684231d1-de4e-47b4-be22-87c23eb198ed?page=1

A fix should be coming soon.

Lazaro

Update is out, I think it's part of the new Windows 10 cumulative update?

Go to settings, Update and Security then click "Check for Updates."

I can confirm FFXIII now works properly with my Xbox One Wireless controller with USB Wireless Receiver.

EDIT: Apparently this update also fixes a lot of other issues besides FFXIII so be sure to update anyway.

MCD

Update is out, I think it's part of the new Windows 10 cumulative update?

Go to settings, Update and Security then click "Check for Updates."

I can confirm FFXIII now works properly with my Xbox One Wireless controller with USB Wireless Receiver.

EDIT: Apparently this update also fixes a lot of other issues besides FFXIII so be sure to update anyway.

Holy shit man, you did it!

FF13 and Azure Striker work beautifully with X1 Wireless adapter. Even Grandia 2 Analog Camera is fixed!

This deserves a new thread.

Lazaro

Why are the usernames who Kevin replied to all garbage like that?

Just curious since one of them is actually me.

Sorry, I'm guessing your 'Major Parsnip' in that thread.

When I was taking a screenshot I didn't know whether it was a internet custom or something to cut out names in a picture as a way to respect the other persons privacy.

Zexen

What's the name of the update? The last I have is W10 v1511 KB3140743, from March 1st. I checked for updates and it said I'm up to date.

Is that it?

Edit: Looks like that's it yeah, just tested and the controller works properly, it's not perfect, but at least it no longer stop to work when entering the pause/save/restart menu. Kudos, I'm impressed and surprised of this as I thought it would stay like that for ever.

Parsnip

Sorry, I'm guessing your 'Major Parsnip' in that thread.

When I was taking a screenshot I didn't know whether it was a internet custom or something to cut out names in a picture as a way to respect the other persons privacy.

Alrighty, just thought it was weird since anyone can just follow the link to the thread and see the names anyway. :p

me0wish

After the update, FF8 stopped working with the xbone receiver, used to work perfectly, can someone test this please?

Lazaro

Alrighty, just thought it was weird since anyone can just follow the link to the thread and see the names anyway. :p

I tend to overthink things before posting, just look at my last two threads I created :p

After the update, FF8 stopped working with the xbone receiver, used to work perfectly, can someone test this please?

Does your controller stop working at the keyboard splash screen and menu? Because that's what happening to me. Strangely FF7 doesn't have this issue.

There's a weird bug with the latest windows update that's causing mouse input to stop working and just make a double-beep noise when clicked or moved when Xbox one controllers are plugged in or removed. Googling around, a lot of people on reddit and other sites have the issue just like me after this last windows 10 update.

I had to roll back my windows update and now it works fine, in case any of you have that issue.

Parsnip

There's a weird bug with the latest windows update that's causing mouse input to stop working and just make a double-beep noise when clicked or moved when Xbox one controllers are plugged in or removed. Googling around, a lot of people on reddit and other sites have the issue just like me after this last windows 10 update.

I had to roll back my windows update and now it works fine, in case any of you have that issue.

This happened to me as well when I was running the previous insider build where this driver was first introduced. Not constantly mind you, but like I could be playing a game and all of a sudden it would just do that and only way to get my mouse back was to forcibly reboot the system.
Moving through the menus with keyboard, I checked the device manager and noted that there was a "problem" with the xbox controller marked with an exclamation mark, but there was nothing that I could do to fix it there.
I doubt it's a coincidence.

This happened to me as well when I was running the previous insider build where this driver was first introduced. Not constantly mind you, but like I could be playing a game and all of a sudden it would just do that and only way to get my mouse back was to forcibly reboot the system.
Moving through the menus with keyboard, I checked the device manager and noted that there was a "problem" with the xbox controller marked with an exclamation mark, but there was nothing that I could do to fix it there.
I doubt it's a coincidence.

Yeah, same bug. It definitely existed before this last update, but it seems to be happening with much higher frequency since the update.

Widge

I'm struggling with this despite updating drivers. I can't even find the fricking controller in Devices to do anything about.

I'm playing by wireless adapter.

Parsnip

I'm struggling with this despite updating drivers. I can't even find the fricking controller in Devices to do anything about.

I'm playing by wireless adapter.

You are out of luck, they rolled back the updated driver a little while ago since it was causing some weird issues in some systems as discussed in this thread as well.

LAA

Anyone know how the situation with this is now?
Got an X1 Elite controller recently, and found no response in FFXIII in the save/load menu, and just bought Spartan Strike, doesn't respond at all on the main menu there.

I want the Elite controller to work on both PC and my X1, with the Elite features working, anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

MCD

Anyone know how the situation with this is now?
Got an X1 Elite controller recently, and found no response in FFXIII in the save/load menu, and just bought Spartan Strike, doesn't respond at all on the main menu there.

I want the Elite controller to work on both PC and my X1, with the Elite features working, anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

I'm on the latest insider build (Fast) and both FF13 and 13-2 work fine with a wired Xbox One controller. Just plug and play.

Lazaro

I'm on the latest insider build (Fast) and both FF13 and 13-2 work fine with a wired Xbox One controller. Just plug and play.

Did you have to update or repair Visual Studio every time Windows updates? I found it annoying when I was an insider.

Durante

It's pretty amazing how Microsoft can't get their own controllers to work reliably across all games on their own operating systems.

Not the same issue, but we recently tried to get a wireless XB1 controller to work on Windows 7 in a room with 8 computer scientists. Eventually we gave up and moved that controller to the Windows 10 PC while using a Steam controller on the other (which miraculously works with every game and every API on every OS we've thrown at it).

Parsnip

That's promising. In the current non-insider build it's still busted after they rolled one of the changes back around April. Maybe it will be actually fixed again and this time permanently with the upcoming anniversary update.

martino

i'm trying to play FFXIII 2 with xbox one remote controler (with driver in version 6 from jan 2015)
My gamepad and keyboard stop working each time a menu prompt (and i need to remove/put back cell pack to make them work again)
It's really annoying...i thougth it would work with current setup but no..
i tried with cable and wireless
Did i missed another tip gaf could provide ?

Parsnip

i'm trying to play FFXIII 2 with xbox one remote controler (with driver in version 6 from jan 2015)
My gamepad and keyboard stop working each time a menu prompt (and i need to remove/put back cell pack to make them work again)
It's really annoying...i thougth it would work with current setup but no..
i tried with cable and wireless
Did i missed another tip gaf could provide ?

If you are on Win10, get the anniversary update and the latest cumulative update on top of that. They finally fixed it.

No idea if the drivers are out there yet for Win8 and such.

Top Bottom