• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Did some testing on mtgo last night, I need to keep refining my deck versus the strategies I keep seeing. My deck is really good however and I'm impressed it can keep itself up there with the rest.

I just need good sideboard material to counter the decks I'm seeing. I've a good foundation now but my options are lacking.

One game I was struggling to keep having creatures out while my opponent was using the one two punch of Dovin Baan and Ob Nixilis to draw three cards a turn!

Graham's black pool looks really good.

EDIT: Didn't think there would be a tip card specifically saying to only include 3 vehicles in your Limited deck.

Santiako

I hate the fact that the only two cards the woman on the stream said "it has great art!" when they were opened were these two:

TowqS0S.png
nEHIXGM.png

They look so terrible to me :/

This is the only Magic thread I've gone to that doesn't think that Diabolic Tutor art is good, including Penny Arcade and MTG Salvation. I don't see it myself, but people seem to legitimately like the art.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
This is the only Magic thread I've gone to that doesn't think that Diabolic Tutor art is good, including Penny Arcade and MTG Salvation. I don't see it myself, but people seem to legitimately like the art.

NeoGAF has the only sane Magic players.

Ashodin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217287096]No idea, but I like cockatrice because it forces you to communicate like in paper magic.

Also, Xmage is ugly as hell.[/QUOTE]

I just like Cockatrice's sweet ass search engine

3-1-1, should be in top 8 now.

Turn 5 win through 2 blockers:

1. Forest, Loam Dryad
  2. Forest, Gnarlwood Dryad, Cryptolith Rite
  3. Westvale Abbey, Gearhulk
  4. Nissa, Ovi, Cryptbreaker, swing for 8 trample
  5. Activate Westvale Abbey, swing for 17 flying and trample

Ashodin

My deck is constantly sliding more and more into aggro/removal range as I keep coming across that fucking 0/3 turtle that makes itself +1/+1 counters

Lost to Aetherworks Marvel in the Top 8. 1-2.

Mulled a hand of 5 lands 2 Gearhulks on the play.

Kept 5 lands transgress the mind with a scry. I have a bunch of mana sinks and if I get the zombie I can discard extra lands to it. Also transgress can stop a marvel from dropping and buy me time.

Scry a land to the bottom.

Draw 4 lands in a row and lose to 2/1s.

23 land deck rip.

Game 1 I won by making an ormendal big enough to attack through emrakul. Game 2 I lost because I wasn't expecting Jace to come down and bounce ormendal.

Santiako

Kathleen has a foil promo Nissa, a regular torrential gearhulk and a FUCKING MASTERWORKS TORRENTIAL GEARHULK in her pool

goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom