• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Patch 2.0 Patch Notes

hollams

Gold Member
I wish they would have added native Dualsense support on the PC version. I'm waiting on a mod that supports it to be updated for the V2 patch. If a modder could add it why can't CD Red. Also the text in the inventory for items is very small as I had a hard time reading some of the perks of the weapons. Changing the text size did nothing.

Meifu

What would ideal settings on this for 3080 at 4k be here now?

Also it won't let me do frame generation dlss even tho I have hardware accelerated turned on?

Roni

Gold Member
I think its not bad, this just means that Cyberpunk now leans more into immersive sim than classic fps rpg.
This probably balances it more because now enemy strength comes from gear and cyberware and abilities rather than stats. I think for this kind of game where enemy variety is lacking it is the better design choice.
Not to mention you can actually go anywhere in the city after the tutorial. Which wasn't a thing before... You always had to grind Watson, which sucked.

Last edited:

salva

I'm hyped for this now despite how shitty a taste the original launch was. Glad I never finished the main quest, I think I only spent around 10hours or so in the game, dropped it and never touched it since 2020.
Looking forward to starting a new character and eventually getting Phantom Liberty a bit later. But fk me trying to start this along side Starfield. I cannot do 2x RPGs at the same time, it'll actually be 2077 by the time I finish both.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Am I the only one who notices a lot more noise in shadows with all RT (not Path Tracing ones) settings enabled, with lighting on Psycho and with DLSS set to Quality at 4K? It wasn't like that in 1.63. Newest NVIDIA driver already installed.
Also, I think Path Tracing is broken with Ray Reconstruction cuz there's a lot of weird stuff in some places, characters hair glowing way too much under the bright litgts above, DOF is broken, ghosting is still present etc. I remember NVIDIA talked about DLSS not working properly if it's layered on top of DOF and it's looks like that's exactly what is happening in 2.0 with PT, DLSS and Ray Reconstruction enabled.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Played it with the update after have beaten on release. It runs like a dream compared to how it ran at release. The movement and combat mechanics also feel a lot more fluid. But at the end of the day, I just can't get immersed in first person RPGs like this. That aspect feels even more mediocre that it's running smoother. Oh, well. Back to BG3.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I think its not bad, this just means that Cyberpunk now leans more into immersive sim than classic fps rpg.
This probably balances it more because now enemy strength comes from gear and cyberware and abilities rather than stats. I think for this kind of game where enemy variety is lacking it is the better design choice.
It did not work well for me in Oblivion, scarred an otherwise super greatly awesome game for me a bit.

nowhat

My PS5 just droped to like 8fps on performance mode at the first tutorial mission, closed the game and started over to fix it.
Heh, haven't had that happen to me yet on PS5, but I decided to take the combat tutorial as it's been ages since I played the game. And laughed out loud when a target dummy t-posed for a split second before resuming the correct position, as if it was going like "and now the next step is... oh wait, new orders".

CDPR has certainly fixed many things, but traffic can still be unintentionally hilarious. Leaving Maelstrom, Jackie hops on his motorcycle. And proceeds to drive through a van, or at least attempting to do so. I watched him for a minute or so, revving the engine up and down, before leaving the scene. Met him later, so I guess he must have eventually drilled through the van.

i have idea what I’m doing wrong. When I run this on the steam deck at 1280x800, it always has black bars on the top and bottom. Changing to full screen, borderless, etc makes no difference. Also, the steam overlay doesn’t show.
Any tips from Deckers?

SappYoda

So to me, all the new graphics techniques have been a bit of a dissapointment. There are many many issues with RT Overdrive and seems like RR adds new ones to the mix, they definetively break the immersion a lot. I might wait out a bit and see if they do patch it out. Otherwise I might try to play without Overdrive.

As it is right now I feel like the game was not ready to have all these new graphical features. Maybe the expansion is better suited to it, but the base game is definetively not ready.

StereoVsn

Why? I had been looking forward to finally play this game. Totally killed all hype.
Wait, they enabled stupid level scaling??? Why in the f!? I legit can't stand that and won't touch the stupid thing now unless some modders manage to fix this.

Gah, way to ruin the expectations. Not buying the expansion until this shit gets fixed or modded. I also really hope there is an option through beta version to use older build then with Steam.

StereoVsn

No, no it's not a better design choice. It's pretty much always a bad and lazy design choice.

The smart way would be to scale by area, have a range and lock that range when you first enter, or something to that order. This shit is going to be the same as with Oblivion where random bandits have end game items.

AGRacing

PC Radeon users :

I highly recommend trying Intel XeSS upscaling instead of FSR 2.1... especially if you're finding FSR to be fizzy/blurry. To my eye it seems much sharper and provides a nice boost.

artsi

Pretty much.

You'll have a better experience for it too lol

These are not even real "patch notes" this shit is early access notes, this is beyond simply a "update" this is continued development when core elements like this are being worked on that should have been in the game day 1. I would have never thought 3 fucking years later this game would still be updating feature by feature.

I don't think anything is wrong with wanting to fix a game, however I have issue when that excuse turns into 3 years of patches after they charged consumers full price. At this point, these are not "additional" type updates, its merely them continuing core development with an excuse that its an add on or a "fix" or something.

What can they even say when they launch another game? Don't buy it day 1, buy it year 3 or 4 when they are done making it or ? I feel with how open the gaming community is, we would have all be completely fine if they were just upfront and like "its an early access" as look at BG3. So if they wish to have an early access, I feel that must be transparent to consumers

Listen,

CDPR is well known for making their games better since Witcher 1. They've released massive patches and free enhanced editions for all their games.
Witcher 4 is going to sell a fuck ton even if they say "this is crap don't ever buy it".

CP2077 was also reviewing higher in Steam on it's release state than Starfield now, and even higher (90% positive) today - so maybe be concerned for Bethesda instead.

Last edited:

tommycronin

Banned
All NPC's now scale to your level.
4BN39cX.gif

Heh, haven't had that happen to me yet on PS5, but I decided to take the combat tutorial as it's been ages since I played the game. And laughed out loud when a target dummy t-posed for a split second before resuming the correct position, as if it was going like "and now the next step is... oh wait, new orders".

CDPR has certainly fixed many things, but traffic can still be unintentionally hilarious. Leaving Maelstrom, Jackie hops on his motorcycle. And proceeds to drive through a van, or at least attempting to do so. I watched him for a minute or so, revving the engine up and down, before leaving the scene. Met him later, so I guess he must have eventually drilled through the van.
What? Exactly same thing happened to me. T-pose in the combat tutorial

To be honest, I was expecting game to be more polished. Experienced few bug and glitches today.

tommycronin

Banned
Yep, still can't believe they pulled that out of nowhere. Annoying AF.
I had no idea that was being patched in. Why bother upgrading your character if you'll never be more powerful than a single enemy in the game since the beginning of the game. Devs these days for some reason don't want you to feel too powerful.

This has pretty much ruined any chance of me playing it. You never get to experience yourself getting better at the game no matter how much you upgrade.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Didn't care much for the restructuring of the perk system initially, but now that I'm actually playing the game it makes a HUUUUGE difference.

Old perks were usually arbitrary stat increases like "+2% crit chance with tech assault rifles when jumping over cars diagonally in the rain", but now every perk unlocks an actual, you know.. perk. A new skill, a new ability. So good.

Also seems that they've added a TON of new npc animations and movements. It is unreal to see a) how large the crowd is in places, and b) what they're all doing. City feels even more alive.

nowhat

Didn't care much for the restructuring of the perk system initially, but now that I'm actually playing the game it makes a HUUUUGE difference.
If you're into quickhacks at all, unlock the "hack queue" perk ASAP. Two quickhacks on a single target, with predetermined order. It's so good.

I had no idea that was being patched in. Why bother upgrading your character if you'll never be more powerful than a single enemy in the game since the beginning of the game. Devs these days for some reason don't want you to feel too powerful.

This has pretty much ruined any chance of me playing it. You never get to experience yourself getting better at the game no matter how much you upgrade.
And also removes the part where you look forward to level up so you can finally ‘enter that high level area’.

Ye, not a fan of this as well. If the reason is to make the whole city available for the player from the start they could just wall of certain smaller area’s (like a compound) within the city with high level mobs.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So to me, all the new graphics techniques have been a bit of a dissapointment. There are many many issues with RT Overdrive and seems like RR adds new ones to the mix, they definetively break the immersion a lot. I might wait out a bit and see if they do patch it out. Otherwise I might try to play without Overdrive.

As it is right now I feel like the game was not ready to have all these new graphical features. Maybe the expansion is better suited to it, but the base game is definetively not ready.
Path Tracing is still in preview state, maybe FL will fix that. Also, it looks like base RT features suffering from DLSS 3.5 as well as I've mentioned above, so it's not just Path Tracing and Ray Reconstriction is broken and don't work properly. Moreover, Ray Reconstrtuction works only with Path Tracing, so you can use it with base RT features. My guess is that they've trained AI to work with Path Trancing for DLSS 3.5, but not with base RT features which is honestly a strange thing to do cuz Path Tracing is extremely demanding and for now completely pointless in higher resolutions above 1080p - clearly all this new tech will work much better on NVIDIA's 5000/6000 series.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
so as this is my first time playing since a 30 min go at launch, what is the recommended strongest build for powering through the story? I basically- time is limited to play. So ideally an overpowered build that I can power through the story with

Phobos Base

THis update has completely messed up my character's appearance, who now has one hairstyle on the pause screen, a different one and a hat when looking in the mirror, and completely bald when in a vehicle.

Cyberpunkd

so as this is my first time playing since a 30 min go at launch, what is the recommended strongest build for powering through the story? I basically- time is limited to play. So ideally an overpowered build that I can power through the story with
Anything with Netrunner hacks. Later on you will just press a button to infect a target and everyone around them. Group melts in 5 seconds.

EDMIX

They've released massive patches
You mean they continued development on core features? You can fucking call it what you want, patch, update, fix.....they are continuing development on core features that should be in the game day 1.

So this basically is an early access game, using this horse shit excuse, basically any publisher can release broken, incomplete games with core elements missing and be like "don't worry bro, GTA 6 will have Ai and cops driving cars 3 years later, but hey its a PATCHEZ" lol If they were open about this early access type thing, I would be fine as I ignored BG3 knowing it was in early access, I don't give a shit man, but BG3 didn't also try to release incomplete and then act like the remaining elements of the game will be "patched" or "fixed" as if that isn't on going development cause you word it in some bullshit PR way lol

So nahhhh man, any person with fucking eyes can see that this game was designed around those elements as their absence was just too damn obvious, why would you have a star rating for cops to magically teleport after you in a fucking game that has cars? So this isn't a "fix" this is merely them continuing something that had no business releasing in 2020 at that state.

Ai is now a 3 year update? smh

maybe be concerned for Bethesda instead.
Nah, that game released with its concept complete, even with all the loading shit, its still a complete idea and concept based on what the publisher stated.

Nothing even remotely near this fucking train wreck with CDPR regarding lawsuits, record high returns in the millions and being removed from a store based on being unplayable.

Nothing like that is happening with Starfield, that fanbase isn't out here waiting 3 years for Ship Battles or customizing ships as a "uPdAtE"

I mean, shit...you guys are still waiting on customizing cars, but shit another 3 years and they'll have it, but its ok cause its a "patch".

tommycronin tommycronin I mean, wasn't it like that in Oblivion with the scaling?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Full hacker.

But unless they really balanced the challenge, you are gonna end like a god on earth no matter the build after 20 hours or so.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Played it with the update after have beaten on release. It runs like a dream compared to how it ran at release. The movement and combat mechanics also feel a lot more fluid.

Pretty much this for me.
Started a new game yesterday after I finished the PS4 version on my PS5 pre current-gen-patch.
Finally feels like a finished game with so much more going on.

It's just a virtual simulation, this was not a bug by CDPR but a feature to make you feel like being in a vulnerable programm inside the game. /s

Last edited:

ShakenG

Ended up killing my saves and starting fresh. I felt very lost after this update and a few months away from the game hasn't helped. Look forward to my 4th playthrough through it.

From the hr or so running around in the city, frame rate and visuals look very solid.. Cars handle great. PS5.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Full hacker.

But unless they really balanced the challenge, you are gonna end like a god on earth no matter the build after 20 hours or so.

I feel.....dead ass that is the only way to play lol

I'm just doing the same thing I did when I played the base game. Netrunner 100%...fuck the rest lol

Mephisto40

"All NPCs now scale to your level. Enemy difficulty is no longer dependent on what area of Night City you're in."

Hopefully I can actually finish the impossible mission I got stuck on because the zone was way to high a level for my character now

Famipan

CONSOLE-SPECIFIC
  • Changed the target upscaling resolution on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 in Performance Mode from dynamic 4k to dynamic 1800p for improved performance and image quality.

Nice!!

GymWolf

I feel.....dead ass that is the only way to play lol

I'm just doing the same thing I did when I played the base game. Netrunner 100%...fuck the rest lol
That build is incredibly fun and incredibly boring at the same time.

You feel like an untouchable god and people going on fire or shooting themselves never gets old, but it completely remove the challenge from the game so you just go mindlessly throught the motion, and they made it even stronger in the dlc...

I was about to create another hacker for my third run but i already played a mindless, uber easy first person action rpg for the past 60 hours and i didn't wanted to repeat the same, shitty experience with cp77.

Too bad that the other 2 builds i have in mind are gonna be almost as broken but at least you have to fucking enter the location of the mission and not just hack the fuck out of everyone from afar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom