• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're getting Ps4 pro, are you selling your old one?

vakarian32

It's too much hassle for me to sell my imported PS4, I live in Aus so I can't trade it in and also my OG PS4 fan is a jet engine, no one here is going to pay much for it. I might as well keep it for a spare device in another room.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If I can get anything for it. I know I should sell it now (or already should have, before the Pro was announced), but I'm not gonna go without a PS4 for that long.

vato_loco

Keep, there's two gamers in the house so it would be cool to have two PS4's. One to play unoptimized games and one for the optimized ones.

I could also sell it and turn it into a PSVR, though.

GazzaGSi

Sold 1, keeping 1. The pro will take the primary spot downstairs and I'll move the current one upstairs. My main dilemma is which TV to get for the Pro.

Not going to sell mine, just going to trade it in when it becomes available at a local store. It's starting to get a little loud for my taste, but I cannot let go of it just yet.

I was gonna try and flip it for $250 and make the upgrade $150, but I may just wait until sometime next year. I don't think the Pro's enough of an upgrade to warrant it, and I play my XBox One a lot more.

The old PS4 will be the family PS4 whereas the pro will be stuck in my room. Would get more benefit using it as a family PS4 when cousins visit then I would selling it.

LucidFlux

I think I'll keep the OG for my wifey. Our blueray player is starting to crap out in the bedroom anyway and the ps4 still reads them like a champ.

th4tguy

Selling one of my PS4's (the older one) and keeping the other. I'll use the pro as the primary system and keep the secondary ps4 for coop/ multiplayer stuff with the wife.

I'm hoping to get at least $250 for it (1tb drive installed). I'll be more than fine if I get just $200.

Just sold my PS4 for 250€ with one game. I'm actualy sad now, this was my first "Day 1" console :'( But hey, one more month and Day 1 Pro will be in house

farisr

1 month down, just over a month to go (since I sold mine). Even though I have other systems to play games on that I haven't gotten around to yet that should keep me busy for some time (currently midway through Tropical Freeze, have Sunset Overddrive and Horizon 3 in my queue), it's going to suck having a PSVR in the house for nearly a month before I get to use it.

I was a bit annoyed that I didn't get to play Deus Ex before my ps4 sold (I had installed it, and expected it to take a good week before someone serious contacted me about my listing, someone contacted me an hour after I made it), but news of it getting a Pro patch kind of helped get rid of that feeling, since I'll get to play a better version now.

That's a good question, OP. I have the original Destiny PS4 as my gaming system. I have a Darth Vader PS4 complete in box (opened it to get Battlefront and check out the controller) and Anniversary PS4 unopened.

I just don't see me getting a whole lot of money for my white PS4. I'll either keep it or donate it to my brother, who is still stuck on the Xbox 360.

score01

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago and got a good deal on the sale and on the new Pro. Ploughing through my Ps3 backlog just now. Cant wait for it. Really missing my OG.

I've already got a few friends lined up that are interested in potentially purchasing my old one. I think I can get a good amount from them while also making it a good deal with some old games and maybe an extra controller.

Thank god. I couldn't justify the Pro in the slightest if I couldn't cover at least half the price. For $200 it'd be like updating a graphics card, which sounds fair to me.

Probably won't be getting one until next year, after more games have shown off the performance differences on 1080p - since I'm absolutely NOT upgrading my TV and projector to 4K in the next year - and I have a feeling there will be a $50-$100 price drop when Scorpio releases holiday 2017.

Depending on that, we will likely be getting 2 Pros, swapping them out to 2 TB drives, and then selling our current 2 PS4s with the 1 TB drive that comes in the Pro.

I think I'm going to move mine into the bedroom and keep the Pro in the living room. I don't actually do much with the bedroom TV but it's a good plan b in case we have somebody over sleeping on the couch or something.

eXMomoj

Nope, putting the launch PS4 in the bedroom with the 1080p TV. Will enjoy the PS4 Pro on the 4K HDR OLED in the living room.

Gaspard

I'll probably wait for a slim Pro before I upgrade. Or with Scorpio next year I can see competitive deals going on that'll sway me.

0racle

Already did, hopefully it was worth it.

Sold it for 280 Canadian with stock 500gb drive. The slim bundle with game costs 380 so I think I did well. Pro 1tb is 499 here.

I will be selling mine when I get the Pro but... I'm contemplating on waiting to get the Pro and the reasoning is sort of dumb. I have a Xbox One S which is white and the plain white Destiny PS4... so I have this synchronicity between the two systems that getting the PS4 Pro would break. :(
Surely you all see my dilemma? Right? Right?!

Selling it to a friend that hasn't made the jump yet to this generation. I'd rather them get it for a good price than Gamestop.

jamsy

Selling it to GameStop, anticipating about $2.00 in trade credit toward a Pro.

This made me chuckle. Fuck Gamestop, you should probably just sell it on craigslist or something.

I'm still iffy on the Pro since I don't have a 4K TV. If I know for sure that I can play games like TLG and FFXV with better visuals/performance on a 1080 display, then I’ll sell my current PS4. Looks like the Destiny special edition system which I have is going for slightly more than the regular ones, so that helps, too.

Humdinger

I'm still iffy on the Pro since I don't have a 4K TV. If I know for sure that I can play games like TLG and FFXV with better visuals/performance on a 1080 display, then I’ll sell my current PS4.

I think you'll see that, especially on FFXV. They're optimizing for standard PS4, of course, but it should play and look better on the Pro.

I feel confident that we will see better visuals on a 1080p display. It'll be worth it, over the next 3 years.

Heck, it'll be worth it in the first 6 months, with better-looking versions of Horizon ZD, FFXV, TLG, Tomb Raider, and (hopefully) Persona 5, Nier, and GR 2..

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have a white Destiny PS4 and I'm looking for a place to sell it for a decent price. No takers so far.

Skulldead

Already sold it before the price drop hit hard. Got 300 Canadian Dollars for it, my lost is 100$ since the release.... which is not a lot...

Top Bottom