• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're getting Ps4 pro, are you selling your old one?

-hadouken

Yes. I'm consistently amazed at how much people will pay for used electronics that could crap themselves at any time.

if it worked in the old ps4 im assuming it will work in the pro the problem with trading it in store is they need the transaction to take place at the same time as purchase so you'll need to back up before trading it in

also unless theres a deal i dont think GS will give you much i believe the current rate is $125 and idk if thats credit or cash if its credit then it will be lower if you want cash

i have sold a few consoles where the buyer just bought it as you said at a parking lot but i have no issues showing them that it works at my home or theirs

I have about 225 already in gamestop credit(From when I sold an old XBOX ONE last yr) I wish they would do the 200 credit again that would be great..I dont mind redownloading everything I will put back in the 500GB hard drive that it came with..just wish I could get better credit..then I would put in the 2TB one in the PS4 PRO assuming the drive will work..with the PS4 I knew where the hard drive went, not sure with the PS4 PRO if its the same thing, sliding off the top and the hard drive is inside of that..I can see why someone would want to test out a console to make sure that it works, but I dont feel comfortable with total strangers in my house so yeah a starbucks would be great but unless they brought a long a mini TV with them there is no way for them to verify that it works, just my word..and if there are any issues down the road they come after me that is why I prefer trade in store

I threw mine up on Ebay last week, auction ends today. They're still going to pretty good prices on Australian Ebay, so I'm glad I went for it early rather than waiting for the Pro to come out.

I didn't think I'd need to play anything on a PS4 in the intervening six weeks or so, so then of course the Gravity Rush 2 demo went up right after I'd factory reset and packed mine up :p

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I have two launch PS4s and a Titanfall Kinect Xbox One. XB1 goes to my 13yr old son and my daughters (21 and 8) get the PS4s.

I will replace these three consoles with two PS4 Pros and two XB Scorpios for my wife and I

JayBabay

I've been transporting my PS4 from my home to my parents house constantly, because I end up staying there for a couple days at a time anytime I have something in LA. So for me it would be worthwhile to just leave one there and have the Pro at home.

Melchiah

Since I'm keeping the launch PS4, it would be interesting to do some comparisons between the systems, when games with Pro enchancements start to drop. Especially if more games offer such options as Tomb Raider will.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just gave mine into CEX for 200 quid, I'm happy enough with that.

Had a 1 year warranty on my 2nd PS4 (first one died a few months ago) so I returned it for a full refund so will probably get the Pro end of the year or early next year

Bl@de

I've sold my PS4 in anticipation for the PS4 Pro. Now two weeks later I cancelled my pre-order. Why? I realized that with the amount of games on PC and my flawless in-home streaming setup via HTPC I don't really need a console. On top of that I don't have time for multiple systems anymore (full-time job, working out, family, yaddaddadada) and can't justify the price for a console (it's basically 30-40€ on top of each game, considering I only had 7 exclusives on my wishlist anyway, making 10 games from 2015-2017/2018).

I will play Persona 5 on PS3 (my only "must have" and a couple of other games (Ico/SoTC, Nier). Other than that ... for the first time since 2002 I'm PC only again.
Maybe I'll get the PS4 Pro (Slim) down the line in 2019 for 200€ and catch up on the library.

How can I sell this?

2822960-ps43.jpg

Yeah, the only way I could justify it to myself is to sell the old one for credit towards the pro.

Still hanging on to see how benefits for 1080p tv users pans out, i'm not in any rush to upgrade to a 4k tv.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Best Buy gave you 200 bucks for yours? I would sell it to best buy if they would give me that amount

You sold just the console and got 200? What model was it?

I sold it before the trade in price drop. like 2 days before.
They gave me a 200 dollar gift card, i immediately used it for my pro pre-order after the announcement.

UrbanRats

They wouldn't give me much for it, i think.
Plus i wouldn't mind having a 3rd gamepad when the occasion calls for it.
Plus i could give it to someone in my family as a bluray player.
Plus its got P.T. in it.

But i don't know.

No because the disk drive is dead and it overheats. It'll be going in the trash.

Woah. You should definitely sell it for parts on eBay or somewhere. And if someone can fix the overheating, they'd at least be about to use it as a digital-only machine. Up to you though.

poodaddy

Nah, the wife wanted two of em eventually so we can hunt together on Bloodborne. The Pro will serve as that second PS4 eventually. That being said, I wonder if she'll get to use the Pro on our hunts or will I?. Hmmm.....

She will

When i get my pro (likely next year) will be either because i buy a new 4K tv in which case the ps4 will move downstairs with my current tv, or because my ps4 dies (hope not), so i think it is unlikey i would sell it to be honest but i have disposable income so can afford to buy it (next year getting psvr this year) without having to trade it in. Plus its always good to have a spare/2 to play none split screen co-op with mates.

WITHE1982

As GAME UK are offering a PS4 Pro half price (£175) when you trade in any PS4 with 5 games I think I'm going to take advantage of that offer.

My son has my launch 500gb PS4 so I'll be getting that back to use for the trade and giving him my newer 1tb model.

Also I've so many games that are worth almost nothing to trade in (watchdogs etc...) so I'm grand on that front.

hichanbis

Banned
Mine is already sold.
I did not want to wait for the price of the OG to drop.
(Now most people have heard about the Slim and Pro so I'm sure the price has dropped a little)

Necron

Since I move between two locations on a regular basis, it'll be nice to finally have a 2nd PS4. So yeah, I'm keeping both the original PS4 and look forward to the PS4 Pro.

Spman2099

Absolutely not. It is actually why I have been buying fewer physical games. When the pro comes out I am going to be able to download my digital games a second time. Finally, all those games that are online co-op only are going to be couch co-op with my new setup. I am pretty jazzed about it.

El-Suave

I love my Destiny PS4 and I would never sell it.
sony-playstation-4-50t2s53.jpg

I'm hoping for a special edition Destiny 2 PS4 pro and I hope I won't be tempted too much to get one until then, right now I'm not tempted at all.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Giving mine to my son for his room. Works out so now he won't hog our sole PS4.

We have an XBOX One that just gathers dust but like me he'd rather play the PS4, so I may sell the One to help fund the Pro.

Raybunny

Got the pro pre ordered cause was able to use (20+10)% discount coupons on a french site. Was too tempting.

Now that its said, even though I got the normal black PS4 I wont sell it and will keep it. One on the room the other on the living room.

Top Bottom