• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";220284090]

It's time to bring him back into the fold, guys[/QUOTE]

"I want to tell you guys about Milo Yiannopoulos, who I think has some great ideas"

Torrential Gearhulk > Aetherworks Marvel it seems. Who knew counterspells were good?

For Torrential Gearhulk, what they mentioned at least once in the commentary: would you play a 3 mana counterspell that had kicker 3: make a 5/6? We saw this a bit with GDD (where you'd "get a 5/5 for 2") but the math comes out even better here with stuff like Summary Dismissal.

Lee Shi Tian def an automatic first ballot HOFer.

:thumbsup:

1. Number of Smuggler's Copter in the Top 8:12
bigkrev

What? It's 16. Ben Hull's RW Vehicles, Lee Shi Tian's Mardu Vehicles, Joey Manner's UW Flash, and Makis Matsoukas' RW Tokens each ran 4.

Some updates to my Abbey deck:

kjhlkj1csiu.png

Spiced up the sideboard and slimmed down the main.

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";220284090]Glad to see Travis Woo make the top 16. A lot of people think of him as the casual brewer guy that walks backwards down stairs but I've been trying to explain how good he was in general for years. I've been in this thread saying he was one of the best drafters CFB had a couple times, and that's a team with Owen Turtenwald and Ben Stark. Not surprised to see him go 6-0 at the PT in limited at all.

It's time to bring him back into the fold, guys.

Also, super happy to see the top 8 was a clean cut at X-3-1. I really fucking hate tiebreakers.[/QUOTE]
Dude needs to get his head straight. If he can prove that then whatever, sure

Yeef

What? It's 16. Ben Hull's RW Vehicles, Lee Shi Tian's Mardu Vehicles, Joey Manner's UW Flash, and Makis Matsoukas' RW Tokens each ran 4.
I didn't actually count; I just assumed bigkrev had counted correctly.
Looks like 12 copies of Smug Copter in the T8

I did the counts like 5 minutes before I had to leave for work, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were other errors. 16 was my guess anyway, though. \o/

I love the fact that Torrential Gear Hulk is now seeing play, makes the fact that I opened one at Pre-release all the better.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";220284090]

It's time to bring him back into the fold, guys.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, let's bring the stoner who said on Stream "Hitler had good ideas" back into the fold of Magic. That's ignoring that he still harps on Honoured Hierarch as this great card.

That was a pretty close game, but also a good demonstration of how good control gets when it's allowed to go long.

EDIT: Gotta love one player siding in more controlling cards, the other player instead going more aggro than ever.

EDIT: Given the way that went, Carlos really should have waited for Spell Queller to steal the Harnessed Lightning, then destroy it with Harnessed Lightning and use the exiled one to destroy Avacyn.

EDIT: Yeesh, why would you keep a 1-land hand?

EDIT: Ben Hull (R/W Vehicles) and Carlos Romao (Jeskai Control) advance.

AG have you tried branching into black for hand disruption with the Marvel deck, jund mana should be quite good. Live Fast could also help.

Wonder how these control decks would have done against Fevered Visions

EDIT: Was making this post for a while.

24-27 Point Decks
21-23 Point Decks

Things I noticed from the first list:
* Hatto's Blue-White Midrange runs Gisela and Bruna in the sideboard.
* Every deck with 27 points is W/U
* Anderson's Jeskai Control runs 1x Chandra, Flamecaller (Oath of the Gatewatch) in the sideboard.
* Eliatamby's Bant Midrange runs 4x Fairgrounds Wardens mainboard.
* McLaren's Red-Green Energy runs 2x Chandra, Torch of Defiance mainboard, and Root Out and Commencement of Festivities in the sideboard.
* Miani's Black-Red Aggro runs 4x Bomat Courier mainboard. I was worried it wouldn't return at all.
* Noorlander's Temur Aetherworks runs 2x Chandra, Flamecaller mainboard.
* Takao's Sultai Midrange runs 1x Nissa, Vital Force mainbaord.

Second list:
* Betesh's Temur Emerge runs 2x Kiora mainboard.
* Budde's Red-White Vehicles runs 1x Magmatic Chasm sideboard. I forgot that was still in Standard.
* Campanino's Red-White Humans runs 4x Hanweir Garrison and 1x Hanweir Battlements mainboard, and 2x Repel the Abominable sideboard.
* Chew's Temur Energy runs 3x Woodland Wanderer.
* I suppose Red-White Humans decks in general use both Hanweir cards.
* Enevoldsen's White-Black Aggro runs 4x Aerial Responder and 2x Stitcher's Graft mainboard.
* Floch's Jund Delirium runs 1x Noxious Gearhulk and 1x Arborback Stomper in the sideboard.
* Lim's Grixis Emerge runs 3x Minister of Inquiries mainboard (for self-mill, presumably).
* Lingelbach's Black-Red Madness runs 1x Asylum Visitor mainboard.

What happened to the RB vehicle decks? They should do so much better against these control decks having unrestricted removal and recurrable threats.

Also Chandra should have done well in these decks being able to dome and generate CA

Ah would make sense. We haven't seen any Liliana's in the top 8 either and these control decks would just fold if one got resolved on curve. That'd actually be interesting sideboard tech for Mardu vehicles, board in 4 lilianas against control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom