• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Kawl_USC

I'm inclined to think so. I don't know why a scum Faddy would continue arguing nuances instead of backing down.

Guess who was the quickest to jump on this "scum slip".

Man it's getting mighty chilly in the shade beneath this swamp tree.

Sorry I was reading the thread at the time and am going to call something like that.

*Splinter

Before this takes us any further off course, I'm going to give a partial claim.

I have a green check on Faddy (N2).

So I know his slip was innocent (unless this result has been interfered with somehow which is certainly a concern).

His "slip" was immediately jumped on by Sorian and Kawl. Might sound weird but I read nothing into this - it's exactly how I'd react without a green check or as scum.

I'm way more suspicious of people willing to shrug this off as if it was obviously a read, WAMD and (hello again) Swamped being the worst offenders at this.

franconp

It isn't backing down if I never said definitively that Swamped is town. Those statements on town/town trains were accusations against Sorian and what he did with his scum knowledge.

This is funny coming from you, who has been shepherdly following Sorian day 1.

Thing is, why would scum Faddy work so hard to show that Sorian is scum? Sorian hasn't been in the lynch running today. Seems like wasted effort. That's why i think Faddy really does scum read Sorian.

Maybe to try to avoid getting him or his partner lynched?

franconp

So I know his slip was innocent (unless this result has been interfered with somehow which is certainly a concern).

His "slip" was immediately jumped on by Sorian and Kawl. Might sound weird but I read nothing into this - it's exactly how I'd react without a green check or as scum.

I'm way more suspicious of people willing to shrug this off as if it was obviously a read, WAMD and (hello again) Swamped being the worst offenders at this.

Are you roleclaiming or I'm missing something?

Kyanrute

My opinion is that the jumps are NAI. Could be either way. If the green is true, the ez way for scum would be to go for them #townpoints and defend Faddy instead of having healthy amounts of suspicion towards him.

will look for reactions~

Faddy

Banned

What is a green check?

Kyanrute

fep shows discipline and is unaffected by the slip
acohrs is superb convinced by the slip and considers faddy uberscum
dragonz tosses a simple comment, but does follow up with a post that shows her opinion of the situation, perhaps a slight hint of defense
swamped goes for the defense

*Splinter

He's saying he has info that clears you from being scum.

And I'll assume no other relevant info to include at this time Splint?
Indeed

Ok. Will not change my vote to Faddy for now.

Any more info you could share?

Also why roleclaim now?
It was relevant to the discussion. I wouldn't usually claim for a single green check but I could see such a slip pulling us off course until Faddy was flipped. I obviously had to weigh that against the risks of being targeted by scum tonight, but I think it was worthwhile.

Its about time someone claimed anyway. It's D4 and apart from speculating around the poisoner we're still playing vanilla Mafia. Someone should have had relevant info by now.

Faddy

Banned
My opinion is that the jumps are NAI. Could be either way. If the green is true, the ez way for scum would be to go for them #townpoints and defend Faddy instead of having healthy amounts of suspicion towards him.

will look for reactions~

I haven't felt under pressure at all despite all my bad play. I genuinely thought I would be screwed after the Crab lynch and said as much to franconp. Then after my late day change on acohrs I thought again I would be faced with a few early votes.

Kawl_USC

I know. But why claiming just to clear a townie. We are not near end game yet. If he has an investigative role he shouldn't have roleclaimed until he found scum.

4 mislynchs in a row is a bad enough position for town to be in that I can give splinter the benefit of the doubt. He's a smart player, I'll assume that with all the info at his disposal this was at least a decent move.

I know. But why claiming just to clear a townie. We are not near end game yet. If he has an investigative role he shouldn't have roleclaimed until he found scum.

He didn't fully claim. And he shouldn't.

He saved Faddy from a mislynch, and as Kyan pointed out, now that we know Faddy is town, we can gauge reactions about the flip.

Kyanrute

So Splinter you get the same questions that I've might written out before:

Why now? What made you decide on the now instead of waiting for a bit and hoping that more reactions would come? Why did you pick Faddy?

Gorlak

Banned
Two claims while I was away. I think Bronx could tell the truth, as I said before the more time passes the likelier it is.

Splinter is interesting though. Why Faddy?

And what kind of information do you expect to come forward? If we believe you, in a game of this size a tracker and a cop is all you get as investigation powers.

Swamped

Banned

UNVOTE

*shrug* I believe Faddy's explanation for this so-called 'slip'. Maybe I'm tunneling as I do town read him. But his interactions with Sorian today really feel town-like. Also, he has been consistent in his read of me, if you have been following the game you'll know he's been town-reading me.

I'm really beginning to understand the votes against acohrs with this new development. I don't want to bandwagon just yet, as I'm still thinking about Dragonz. Been flip-flopping on her, but will go into more detail. I really want to vote for Kawl as well even though I don't have substantial proof, it's still just a feeling. I'm unsure about Stan, I just need him to post more but I'm willing to listen if people have a case against him. And TWE...I dunno, he just seems to lack a lot of depth in his posts. He started questioning me earlier on D4 but it felt really weak. I don't know if that's just TWE's personality though. In SW he was much more aggressive, but that was many eons ago. I still think he's inactive townie who doesn't care much, but then why all that desperation in his posts? That doesn't seem to add up.

I guess that's where I stand.

*Splinter

So Splinter you get the same questions that I've might written out before:

Why now? What made you decide on the now instead of waiting for a bit and hoping that more reactions would come? Why did you pick Faddy?
There's a significant number of people that strongly thought Faddy was scum, I was worried that we'd either head into another mislynch or even worse someone else would get lynched and the Faddy suspicion would just rumble on for another day.

I could have waited a little longer maybe but we had a variety of reactions already, I can't wait for everyone to check in when we're on a shorter phase. (Also I'm going to be unavailable for most of today anyway).

I picked Faddy because he had a decent chance of being scum, my own read on him was pretty much null (I kept promising to re-read him on D2 but by then I was already thinking of checking him), and he had enough suspicion to be unlikely to be either lynched or NK'd early.

*Splinter

I'm really beginning to understand the votes against acohrs with this new development.
Interesting connection to make. The main pusher of Acohrs' lynch is Franconp, and his main argument actually relies on Faddy being scum. Apart from that I can't think of any connection between Faddy and acohrs.

Swamped

Banned
VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Unfortunately will be out most of the day, but will try to check in by phone near the day end. Should be around for another couple of hours.

Faddy

Banned
Ok someone talk to me about Swamped since this appears to be a blind spot for me (Not you Swamped) I'm reading the part where she claimed

Swamped claimed x-shot commuter, the claim was initiated by Blarg. I guess at that point on day 2 it might have flipped to a Swamped lynch which would have essentially cleared Crab and put him in a strong position. So did Blarg post the claim idea to give Swamped the excuse to make the claim?

That does seem scummy in hindsight.

franconp

Interesting connection to make. The main pusher of Acohrs' lynch is Franconp, and his main argument actually relies on Faddy being scum. Apart from that I can't think of any connection between Faddy and acohrs.

Not necessarely. I was scum reading him before that. I said that his aggressiveness to several proding seemed out of character for him. Also a lot of coasting.

Him using an argument for scum reading some people and not for others I found scummy trying to protect a partner. But he could have done the same just use it to throw shade on you and Sorian.

Swamped

Banned
So ummmmm. This does not make sense to me. 1st a reminder, acohrs has mentioned that he still stands by his past read post so quoting old things ain't invalid. Secondly, the his reasoning behind his Splinter scum read is very thin. I for one disagree with it. While I feel that Splinter has not necessarily been living to his full potential in this game, to say that he's done nothing but vote lists seems just false. I find this even more false when it is applied to Faddy for I feel he has done much. Much wrong, one might say but still, that is not the issue. Why is acohrs attacking the fact that Faddy hasn't supposedly done much (I disagree) instead of attacking the more reasonable target, Faddy's achievements? Using the votes as his primary argument reeks of scum who are just looking for something, not really grasping the deeper parts of the discussion.

The above Kyan post is what i was referring to. I'll take a look at Fran's post too and comment.

Ok someone talk to me about Swamped since this appears to be a blind spot for me (Not you Swamped) I'm reading the part where she claimed

Swamped claimed x-shot commuter, the claim was initiated by Blarg. I guess at that point on day 2 it might have flipped to a Swamped lynch which would have essentially cleared Crab and put him in a strong position. So did Blarg post the claim idea to give Swamped the excuse to make the claim?

That does seem scummy in hindsight.

I know you don't want me to comment, but i just want to make it clear that i did not claim because of Blarg. In fact that's one of the actions that made me wary of him. I claimed because i thought i would be in the running, and wasn't going to be around the rest of the day. I didn't want to die so stupidly, without even having much chance to put my power to use.

Swamped

Banned
Why this vote over me if that's who you want to vote per the post before this?

Because i don't have proof and i don't have the time to convince others to vote for you. I've just had this nagging feeling since D2 or so. But I'll get you one day! (or you'll do something to make me unequivocally think you are town)

Gorlak

Banned
Giving Splinter the benefit of the doubt, can't see why he would lie or pull a gambit. Setting him and Faddy aside for the moment.

My biggest hunch is still within Dragonz. Meta reason or not. The next candidate for me would be acohrs, reasons given already. Following the developments, TWE is also up there with regards to the crab lynch, as the others are less suspicious to me.

People I want to look at are Kawl, Burb and Fran. Last one gets townread, I have to reread as he's a null to me.

Swamped

Banned
Actually... Huh. Dragonz is TWE's only town read, apart from Bronx. I doubt they are both on the same scum team. I did have some concerns about Dragonz on D2, specifically her reasoning for her scum reads on CSS and Acorn, in which she said she was following Crab (but Crab's reads were different to her own). It kind of felt like she wanted to follow the (town) leader.

I'd definitely be down to vote for Dragonz too.

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

The ideal situation would be one in which the vig or poisoner gets TWE. Ah well, let's see.

franconp

Actually... Huh. Dragonz is TWE's only town read, apart from Bronx. I doubt they are both on the same scum team. I did have some concerns about Dragonz on D2, specifically her reasoning for her scum reads on CSS and Acorn, in which she said she was following Crab (but Crab's reads were different to her own). It kind of felt like she wanted to follow the (town) leader.

I'd definitely be down to vote for Dragonz too.

The ideal situation would be one in which the vig or poisoner gets TWE. Ah well, let's see.

Didn't you townreaded her yesterday? (Or earlier today, I'm on mobile so I'm using my memory). What changed?

Before Faddy feels enough pressure to even claim himself, another PR wants to claim for him. Weird.

My vote stays the same but still wouldn't be much bothered by a faddy lynch tbh. Want to ponder splinter more than gorlak now.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

acohrs (4)
flatearthpandas 2750
StanleyPalmtree 2793
franconp 3018
WhereAreMahDragonz 3032

Faddy (3)
CCS 2816
Sorian 2994
acohrs 3023

Swamped (2)
TheWorthyEdge 2791
*Splinter 2898

WhereAreMahDragonz (2)
Gorlak 2913
Swamped 3083

Sorian (1)
Faddy 2903

Gorlak (1)
Kawl_USC 2835

TheWorthyEdge (0): Sorian 2910 2994, Swamped 3076 3083

Bronx-Man (0): Kyanrute 2911 2977

*Splinter (0): Swamped 2783 3073

No active vote for Day 4: Bronx-Man, Burbeting, Kyanrute (has previously voted)

Day 4 ends:
red_1489784400.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

*Splinter

Faddy you should be aware there's a good chance you'll die tonight. Not telling you whether or not you should claim but making sure you recognise the situation.

I'm unavailable for the next 4 hours at least, will try to get on before deadline but might not be able to.

Might as well share one more bit of info before I go: I was blocked on N1 (while trying to target Verelios). So a blocker exists, alignment unknown.

franconp

There's something I've been wondering: Why is ynny doing all the vote counts?

Ynny, is Ouro at least paying you? Don't let him take advantage of your kindness.

Faddy you should be aware there's a good chance you'll die tonight. Not telling you whether or not you should claim but making sure you recognise the situation.

I'm unavailable for the next 4 hours at least, will try to get on before deadline but might not be able to.

Might as well share one more bit of info before I go: I was blocked on N1 (while trying to target Verelios). So a blocker exists, alignment unknown.

You were blocked on N1, targeted Faddy on N2. Who did you target on N3?

am a spoder

i have 8 eyes

i am always watching

all the games

all of you

and when your sleep, a spider crawls all over your faces

always in disapproval

>:3

CCS

Banned
I'm pretty busy today so I don't have time to post much, just caught up though and I believe Splinter's claim.

Ourobolus

Banned
There's something I've been wondering: Why is ynny doing all the vote counts?

Ynny, is Ouro at least paying you? Don't let him take advantage of your kindness.

I was asleep and busy all day yesterday.

She gets paid. Who do you think sucks the blood out of everyone who gets killed here

Faddy

Banned

I am comfortable with the situation. I will not be making my role known.

Swamped

Banned
Didn't you townreaded her yesterday? (Or earlier today, I'm on mobile so I'm using my memory). What changed?

You mean on D3? I was unsure then, hence a bunch of questioning. Beginning of today, i did have a light town read on her. But I'm wary of a few little things:

1. Her post about "if you think I'm scum show me some real proof, not just meta arguments". This is exactly the reaction i used to have as scum, especially when i felt the scum reads i got weren't warranted.

2. I asked her about Splinter on D4, she said that he was worrisome because he was engaging enough. But i felt a lot of pushback from him today.

3. She briefly asked me about the banana, after i asked if anyone had received it. Not sure how to take this. I think it's NAI, but i wanted to point out that she never pressed that avenue of questioning.

4. She has been lightly scum reading Splinter for a while (since D3) but hasn't really delved into it (or please link me if she has and i missed it)

You were also scum reading Splinter I think? How are you feeling about him now.

I want to believe his claim. His under the radar style from early game makes sense if he was a PR. It's good to have some suspicion on you because you don't want to get NKed.

Omg of course this is yeeny!! :D

You mean on D3? I was unsure then, hence a bunch of questioning. Beginning of today, i did have a light town read on her. But I'm wary of a few little things:

1. Her post about "if you think I'm scum show me some real proof, not just meta arguments". This is exactly the reaction i used to have as scum, especially when i felt the scum reads i got weren't warranted.

2. I asked her about Splinter on D4, she said that he was worrisome because he was engaging enough. But i felt a lot of pushback from him today.

3. She briefly asked me about the banana, after i asked if anyone had received it. Not sure how to take this. I think it's NAI, but i wanted to point out that she never pressed that avenue of questioning.

4. She has been lightly scum reading Splinter for a while (since D3) but hasn't really delved into it (or please link me if she has and i missed it)

I want to believe his claim. His under the radar style from early game makes sense if he was a PR. It's good to have some suspicion on you because you don't want to get NKed.

Omg of course this is yeeny!! :D

1. I was pissed because his whole theory on me is about some baseless "pattern" of how I play the game. Which I think is stupid and totally counterproductive. I think that me asking for solid reasoning is fair, and I don't understand how it is scummy. If you were in the same boat, would you not ask the same? I mean, hell. CCS votes for me but at least he's given reasons (weak ones, but they're still there). To want hard facts is not a crime. And in addition, it would have given me a better read on Gorlak.

2. My splinter read has changed drastically today. I believe his claim and believe he is town.

3. Forgot about it, honestly. I do want clarification from you, though, if you're willing to give it.

4. It has been a gut read on splinter; I have no facts to back up my read on him, but today has convinced me. For the record, I also believe Bronx now that he full claimed. I also town read Faddy.

Kawl_USC

Looks like gorlak isn't going to get any traction.

Yalls loss.

Vote: Acohrs

Inconsistent logic, bad reads lists, same reasons as before.

Will read over wamd after work is over though, need to see if there is a case there beyond meta game stuff. Don't have a good read on swamped either, some bad mojo but I'm almost certain that's just residual omgus. Will look at her too if possible to form a meaningful read.

Acohrs and sorian need to move their votes or else make a case for why splinter is lying/wrong.

Top Bottom