• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

franconp

We're on day 5 without lynching scum, why are you voting for anything other than your top scum read? This is dressed up as a policy lynch.

Who says I'm not scumreading Burb? I already said earlier that both TWE and Burb were at the top of my scum list. I asked reads from Burb at the start of the day, he said he would and he dissapeared again. So my feelings about Burb worsened. Right now he is my top scum with TWE slighty behind.

Swamped

Banned
The only defense of Stan i can think of is if the poison ability is limited, an x shot. Then the poisoner is probably mafia, and Stan would be town.

These two comments still are extremely out of place. Nothing new was revealed that would've confirmed Bronx. Well apart from the one thing both leave out, the fact that nin flipped as town and had no reason to lie about the poison. But that too merely confirms the poison's existence and says nothing about the poison doctor.
The fuck? "These posts came out of nowhere if you ignore the obvious reason they were made." Mine being literally one of the first posts after the flip iirc.

Anyway, I've been pretty sick today. Catching up now

Kyanrute

The fuck? "These posts came out of nowhere if you ignore the obvious reason they were made." Mine being literally one of the first posts after the flip iirc.

Anyway, I've been pretty sick today. Catching up now

But you don't mention it in the post and do check the next sentence too please.

But you don't mention it in the post and do check the next sentence too please.
Reaching. Honestly not even worth responding to, just had me rolling my eyes.

Anyway, my reads now are:

Town:
Gorlak
Kyanrute
Faddy
Burbeting

We've been barking up the wrong tree so often the votes aren't crazy telling but I feel good about what I see there. Much harder for scum since they've literally been under zero pressure. Of course splinter checking Faddy also helps but then not sure if I trust that really. Burb is a very weak read actually. My gut says he is scum but my vote breakdown suggests town. So meh.

I think it's likely bronx was hit by a vig. Really doubtful that sorian sat on a poisoning and i doubt bronx could have been poisoned being ascetic and all.

Vote: Theworthyedge

I don't really have a case here. Gotta shake things up and I don't read you as town. Will definitely think it over but my tentative vote.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Your votes and reads have been too safe. I still don't understand why you scum read CCS, and you have been doing so from the beginning of the game. Reads usually evolve given flips. Please clarify.

Kawl and Dragonz, what do you both think of Stan btw? Or link your posts if you have already talked about this.

He's all over the place which is how Acohrs was and now that Bronx flipped I'm more inclined to believe his poison claim. For me, it all depends on the alignment of the poisoner. If it's a scum role, then I think the chances of Stan being town are good. If it's a neutral role, anything is possible

*Splinter

Reaching. Honestly not even worth responding to, just had me rolling my eyes.

Anyway, my reads now are:

Town:
Gorlak
Kyanrute
Faddy
Burbeting

We've been barking up the wrong tree so often the votes aren't crazy telling but I feel good about what I see there. Much harder for scum since they've literally been under zero pressure. Of course splinter checking Faddy also helps but then not sure if I trust that really. Burb is a very weak read actually. My gut says he is scum but my vote breakdown suggests town. So meh.

I think it's likely bronx was hit by a vig. Really doubtful that sorian sat on a poisoning and i doubt bronx could have been poisoned being ascetic and all.

I don't really have a case here. Gotta shake things up and I don't read you as town. Will definitely think it over but my tentative vote.
Why would scum target Sorian when he would probably have been lynched today?
Why would a vig target Bronx?
What "vote analysis" clears Burb?
How is a TWE vote going to "shake things up" when he's the most widely suspected and easiest place to plonk a safe vote?
What?
How?
Why?
What?

Gorlak

Banned
All right finally I've got some time again. A few posts came in, Kyan responded, fep came in and still no sign of Burb. A couple of hours left, time to put down some votes.

now back to twe

Gorlak

Banned
I see Kawl already answered and I mostly agree with his points.
Then have fun being set behind another day.
Spare me this crap. This is the worst. Repeating this again and again, doesn't change my opinion, it's quite the opposite you're achieving here.
B1) Was I wrong to trust him? I mean he did turn out to be town, no? Sure that looks "scummy" because only scum knows who's actually town, but a man can't change his mind after some time?
Were you wrong? Yes, trust people based on nothing and you're bound to lose.
B2) Was not meaning to prod to get a roleclaim I was simply stating that we didn't know what he was. That was completely my fault and something that does not translate well to a game of TEXT mafia. It was more or less me saying "and we don't know what franconp" is.
Surely, you can try and put it in a different light afterwards, but I think there was something to it and you are concern with damage control.
B3) Is someone not allowed to change their reads? I mean honestly, yes they may be quick changes in reads but everybody does that in their heads just not in the thread. That's how I do it, in the thread. I want everyone to know what I'm thinking. Idk...
Yes, changing reads is no crime. The important part however is giving reasons for it (you know the part in the quoted sentence you didn't highlight). You never went and explained why Dragonz changed from your townread (that was odd anyway) to scum. I don't think you were reasonably in voting Sorian and even gave him a townread afterwards. You did a 180° on Swamped while nothing changed, the only thing I can see, is her open townread on you. You go after fran because he accuses you.
It feels like you are making up your reads everytime a new to what you feel, fits better into the game at that time.
B4) I have reason to be wary of how people percieve me because I want Town to win, and so I don't want Town to vote me out. Is it really that hard?
Yes, I don't believe that you'd focus this much on your survival if you were town. I think you are scum.

Gorlak

Banned
So I distill my stance to "like TWE vote but open to new ideas".

I'll read through dragonz and CCS soonTM. oh and shitposts don't just come on demand they are a form of a art

I had the feeling you were less present in this and the last day phase, maybe the shorter cycles don't suit you or I was busy looking at others.
I get the notion that looking at actions may be easier to decipher, but ultimately we are missing information and need to look at people in order to find scum at this point.
Skimming over the days again, you have been involved yeah, but I would expect somewhat more from you. However I'll grant you that you provide reads.

One last thing: You claim to be open to new ideas, yet refuse to concern yourself with Dragonz (saying you will |= actually doing so)

Kyanrute

I had the feeling you were less present in this and the last day phase, maybe the shorter cycles don't suit you or I was busy looking at others.
I get the notion that looking at actions may be easier to decipher, but ultimately we are missing information and need to look at people in order to find scum at this point.
Skimming over the days again, you have been involved yeah, but I would expect somewhat more from you. However I'll grant you that you provide reads.

One last thing: You claim to be open to new ideas, yet refuse to concern yourself with Dragonz (saying you will |= actually doing so)

is here again hello

had to eat food

now continuing dragonz read

@post 2766 or something like that according to my notes

Kyanrute

i even quoted a post from liek day whatever to show that reads were a thing in progress

grrr rawr is GORLAX muchr awrrr angri

hello am shitpost

Gorlak

Banned
Try that again

VOTE: franconp

Faddy from today you seem to make out a missing connection between Fran and Blarg as your reason to vote? Is there something more to your vote? Was he the only catching your attention? I could swear that Blarg at least commented on the shenanigans you had with fran D1 with a big "bla bla" read on you two. Contrarily to this reasoning you put Dragonz in your scum reads even though she has ties to Blarg D1.

Gorlak

Banned

Yes Kyan's shitpost do seem to come on demand. Shocking revelation.

---
Your read towards swamped hasn't changed? I'm looking at her voting behaviour the last day and try to figure her process concerning twe out. There was her vote after she said she still feels like he's an inactive townie. Not long after that she votes Dragonz, still saying TWE should get killed somehow.
Next she votes Sorian, which is reasonable seeing the specific post she quoted with bullshit accusations towards her. Today she's at unease about a TWE lynch.

Most of her actions still seem townie to me, but this could also be biased because I've townread her the longest time now.

And what is making you scumread Kawl?

---
Actually @Swamped can you explain your vote and your successive change of stance towards TWE?

Faddy

Banned
Faddy from today you seem to make out a missing connection between Fran and Blarg as your reason to vote? Is there something more to your vote? Was he the only catching your attention? I could swear that Blarg at least commented on the shenanigans you had with fran D1 with a big "bla bla" read on you two. Contrarily to this reasoning you put Dragonz in your scum reads even though she has ties to Blarg D1.

Not just that. Look at fran's voting behaviour. Every day phase it is 1 vote and he never moves it. To me that is flying under the radar. He never felt it necessary to get involved in all the late trains?

Here are his votes
Day 1: Faddy
Day 2: Faddy
Day 3: TWE
Day 4: acohrs

Four votes in four days! he never felt convinced by an argument during a day phase? To me that is staying under the radar.

Ourobolus

Banned
theworthyedge (3)
kawl_usc 3388
flatearthpandas 3406
gorlak 3424

franconp (2)
theworthyedge 3333
faddy 3412

burbeting (2)
theworthyedge 3257 (3313)
stanleypalmtree 3263
franconp 3398

stanleypalmtree (1)
swamped 3390

swamped (1)
faddy 3292 (3329)
theworthyedge 3313 (3333)
*splinter 3397

wherearemahdragonz (0)
gorlak 3317 (3386)

kyanrute (0)
gorlak 3386 (3424)

Day 5 Ends:
red_1490043600.png

Majority is 7.

franconp

Not just that. Look at fran's voting behaviour. Every day phase it is 1 vote and he never moves it. To me that is flying under the radar. He never felt it necessary to get involved in all the late trains?

Here are his votes

Four votes in four days! he never felt convinced by an argument during a day phase? To me that is staying under the radar.

I vote the last day, 10 hours before deadline. And as I said plenty of times, I think 3 or 4 times at least, I'm not around at deadline after the time change. I leave work half an hour before deadline and have a 1 hour commute. I arrive home home half an hour after the day ended. I wasn't around at deadline day 1 as I had already tickets for Logan (I think I said that in the thread before). Day 2 I was around but I didn't minded who was lynched. Both Crab and Vere were playing really petty and antitown. Any of those was an ok lynch at that point.

franconp

I also don't think I have been under the radar. Every vote has been justified several times, I have give plenty of point of views, I have posted reads and have several discussions with others players, even with you.

That's not flying under the radar. Buen is under the radar with his low activity and commital post. You don't need to move your vote to participate in the game. You need to engage in discussion and look for hints.

Faddy

Banned
I vote the last day, 10 hours before deadline. And as I said plenty of times, I think 3 or 4 times at least, I'm not around at deadline after the time change. I leave work half an hour before deadline and have a 1 hour commute. I arrive home home half an hour after the day ended. I wasn't around at deadline day 1 as I had already tickets for Logan (I think I said that in the thread before). Day 2 I was around but I didn't minded who was lynched. Both Crab and Vere were playing really petty and antitown. Any of those was an ok lynch at that point.

Would those circumstances be different if you were scum?

Kyanrute

The dragonz post.

During day two she initially backs her day one read of Bronx - town. It is after Bronx hints at his protective abilities when her stance changes. The protection seems like a lie to her and in a later post she clarifies her stance: Bronx is anti-town because his claim is nuts. 30 posts later she then votes for CCS, explaining that she is willing to give Bronx a day. Issue one: the sudden change from Bronx is anti-town to I'll give Bronx a chance. It does not feel natural nor does she really explain this change in her stance, apart from her comment that she is more confident in a CCS lynch and that is about CCS, not Bronx. To her defense CCS does not come out of nowhere, she has mentioned him as her scum read before. Issue two: she never explains what we'd gain from giving Bronx a day. This was something I speculated about during d2, it was possible but by no means certain that the additional day would prove something about Bronx. The details are shallow what to me makes the changes in opinion seem sudden and slightly out of place.

During day three dragonz gives a read list, mentions Verelios as one of her scum reads and adds that she could see a scenario where scum focused on Crab during day two to save Verelios. This speculated scenario is unrealistic as the Verelios train on day two started ~150 posts later than the final (non-tie preventing, non-Splinter) vote on Crab had landed. When Crab was focused, there was no Verelios train. This to me looks like scum looking at the votes on a surface level and conjuring up an argument from that, without paying attention to the details. Again to her defense she had read Vere as scum before.

She barely reacts to Blarg's flip. Ehh, could be either way but a total non-reaction is still strangely reserved.

When Splinter claims the international man of mystery, dragonz does a 180 with her read of him. In general she seems to accept non-Bronx claims easily, trusting both Swamped's commuter claim and Sorian's messenger claim. I'd like to hear dragonz, how has your read on Swamped processed? What do you think about her claim now?

Oh and the scum scum buddying up via mutual suspicion what I felt when I read CCS, I don't see it as strongly with dragonz. She has been suspecting CCS for a while but I feel she does not keep on reminding everyone about it with similar frequency as CCS does.

Swamped

Banned
CCS is very consistent with his dragonz scum read. The rest of the list always slightly changes, a name is dropped only to be added some posts later. Overall the same names have been circulating CCS' lists since d2 at least. Overall dragonz is so often mentioned that I get some scum shading scum mate vibes from this.

CCS is passive I feel. On earlier days I was somewhat worried of his fluffiness, specifically in regard of his content. He has his reads, what is very good, but he does not necessarily go that much beyond them. The strongest push for a read was Faddy on d4, what was abandoned after Splinter claimed. It wasn't even that amazing of a push; his reasoning was that Faddy was scummy because he had voted for three different townies on consecutive days and he also had a vote on Crab. CCS mentions that the same criteria somewhat apply also to Swamped and Kyan. It is somewhat strange that CCS votes for Faddy instead of Swamped, who he has considered scum in multiple occasions before (though to CCS' defense, he claims to have been flip-flopping with his read of her a lot).

Other possible oddities are his staunch defense of acohrs and trust towards Bronx right after his claim.

These are good points about CCS. But wasn't that argument about voting three consecutive days for townies put forward by acohrs? You're right that CCS has been passive especially in the past couple of days. That's kind of how I feel about Stan and why he's leaning scum. It doesn't feel like Stan is actively scum-hunting. And why would scum do that especially when they are winning so badly right now? I definitely need to look through CCS again.

Splinter - why do you scum-read CCS?

He's all over the place which is how Acohrs was and now that Bronx flipped I'm more inclined to believe his poison claim. For me, it all depends on the alignment of the poisoner. If it's a scum role, then I think the chances of Stan being town are good. If it's a neutral role, anything is possible

This doesn't really say anything about your read on him though.

Is this shaking things up? Wasn't he in the running on D4? He had plenty of suspicion on D3 too...

Actually @Swamped can you explain your vote and your successive change of stance towards TWE?

Basically people are making really good arguments to lynch TWE - mostly due to his erratic changes in reads of people. Every time I read those arguments I feel maybe TWE is indeed scum. But then TWE says something...and then I go back to my original thought that he's a townie. I understand why people find him scummy and I get swayed by those arguments, but deep down I personally think he is town. His posts especially today feel like he's just totally lost (as am I) and he's trying to find any thread to latch on to.

On D4, I changed from TWE to Dragonz and eventually landed on Sorian. You know why I switched to Sorian. Dragonz, I've been vacillating on for a while now. I definitely thought it odd that TWE hard-town read Dragonz from 2 posts that see made at the start of D4. Since I was more unsure about Dragonz I decided to vote for her instead. But the votes for here didn't really go anywhere. And I found a more compelling case in Sorian. I can explain in more detail if you have further questions.

Today especially the votes coming in are slow. Scum is going to want to look at who other people are voting for and see where their votes will look the least suspicious. TWE isn't really acting like this.

Actually, Stan opened up with a vote too. Hmm it was for a dead person though. And then Burb, maybe scum wants to bus him? Maybe from scum's POV they think town will want to lycnh Burb the most. I'm not opposed to a Burb lynch, but I do think it's the easiest one for scum to hide in especially if he does flip scum.

Here are his votes

This is also a good point. Also, those votes tend to come fairly early in the day too. Is he purposefully avoiding the late trains?

The other point about Fran is that he town-read Sorian up until the very end. None of the role revelations Sorian made at the end of D4 affected his read of Sorian. Surely one would at least wonder...?

Ugh I have to leave at 2.15pm.

Happy to vote for Dragonz, Stan or Burb. I think I could be convinced to vote for Fran to really shake things up though.

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

*Splinter

Yes Kyan's shitpost do seem to come on demand. Shocking revelation.

---
Your read towards swamped hasn't changed? I'm looking at her voting behaviour the last day and try to figure her process concerning twe out. There was her vote after she said she still feels like he's an inactive townie. Not long after that she votes Dragonz, still saying TWE should get killed somehow.
Next she votes Sorian, which is reasonable seeing the specific post she quoted with bullshit accusations towards her. Today she's at unease about a TWE lynch.

Most of her actions still seem townie to me, but this could also be biased because I've townread her the longest time now.

And what is making you scumread Kawl?

---
I'm still trying to understand Sorian's death. If it was poison surely he would said something. If it was a vig surely they would have claimed by now. If scum killed him the only reason I can think of is to clear swamped a bit (since there was talk of a link between them yesterday).

Yes I'm tunneling swamped. I don't know why so many are townreading her, did noone here read Danganronpa? "Good townie posts" are nothing. She'd have to make 100 of them for me to forget a single "you did this when you were town!" comment.

Kawl is scumread for being AWOL. Yes he has excuses but I'm starting to think he is more liable to rest on those excuses as scum. See mini2 or Love Boat, I don't remember any other games with scum Kawl, but compare them to every game he's been town in. What little he has contributed this game has been 90% general Mafia theory, and somehow he hardly gets scumread while people go after every other inactive/coasting player? I will be amazed if he's town.

Swamped

Banned

Thanks for this, i understand now.

Burbeting

Banned
With acohrs and Sorian both flipping town, that means even yesterday had been a town v town situation partly. As had D2, D3 as well.

Can I trust you Splinter? Is your claim the truth? I need you to respond.

*Splinter

With acohrs and Sorian both flipping town, that means even yesterday had been a town v town situation partly. As had D2, D3 as well.

Can I trust you Splinter? Is your claim the truth? I need you to respond.
I'm pretty sure everything I said so far is true, yes.

Swamped

Banned
I'm still trying to understand Sorian's death. If it was poison surely he would said something. If it was a vig surely they would have claimed by now. If scum killed him the only reason I can think of is to clear swamped a bit (since there was talk of a link between them yesterday).

Yes I'm tunneling swamped. I don't know why so many are townreading her, did noone here read Danganronpa? "Good townie posts" are nothing. She'd have to make 100 of them for me to forget a single "you did this when you were town!" comment.

Kawl is scumread for being AWOL. Yes he has excuses but I'm starting to think he is more liable to rest on those excuses as scum. See mini2 or Love Boat, I don't remember any other games with scum Kawl, but compare them to every game he's been town in. What little he has contributed this game has been 90% general Mafia theory, and somehow he hardly gets scumread while people go after every other inactive/coasting player? I will be amazed if he's town.

I really do want to vote for Kawl. I have said this before. He seemed really defensive at even the slightest shade i threw at him.

VOTE: Kawl_USC

Please Splinter. I am town. I don't know what else to say. You've never had the chance to play with a town me for a longer time (werewolf mafia was probably the last time we were both town for more than one day)

Top Bottom