• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Numb

gotta at least make it truthful. I got you oneida

VEVcuC9.jpg

246102335279857674.png

shaowebb

Shaowebb- is your anime fighter appreciation thing a theoretical appreciation of how the games are designed or is it based on you playing the games against human opponents? (or both?)
Both. I am an absolute game design fetishist. If I see a nicely balanced system of tools that keep each other in check and also serve to insure players have a very open and non-rigid structure to how they can deal with zoning, corner pressure, mixups, offense/defense, and movement in general then I get stoked. If I see something that shoehorns folks I just cant take it. Its why SF didn't appeal to me and why negative emotion in Aquapazza didn't appeal to me. Too rigid. Forces players to only perform certain actions in scenarios and that feels wrong to me...like a player's natural response is only allowed to be what you say or something. I prefer giving players more freedom of choice than that.

I also, thanks to discord, get to play folks whenever I have any spare moments. Sadly I can't get good internet on the GPD Win via cel phone hotspotting or I'd get to fightcade or something at work online. I do get to lab at work now though which is good since I have been there around 40 some days now for an outage. Industrial work is demanding. I'm still working on a comfortable way to turn that pocket PC into something that gives me good control in photoshop on the go. I'll likely have to just get a bamboo tablet and plug it up since the stylus' I try fail to deliver sadly on its capacitive touch screen. For gaming though...it delivers!

At home I tend to hit up discord for Arcana Heart, TVC, and misc. Melty dudes destroy me. Its not even a contest. You think being bodied in Marvel is something...wait till a Melty pro comes to cornhole you. I felt like I would need a colostomy for the cavity destruction inflicted upon me by those guys! Thrown into the corner and just pummeled in that fighting game. My god is it something aggressive when folks know how to use their stuff in Melty Blood.
Lately I've just been toying with Blade Arcus on breaks at work. Rick's pressure is something else and its assist system coupled with its cancel system and movement options are great. Its a well designed game even if it is lacking in its presentation.

I literally felt a tear of joy run down my cheek when I saw Air OK rising Fang and Wall of Kun Lun come out without any prerequisite rekkas. He now has air mobility in some form and a way to punish jumpers as well as a forward progressing armored tool to close gaps. Just imagine...they run and gun and you throw a wall of kun lun to train them that you are coming in only to bait them into jumping so you can hit air rising fang. Glorious. I bet I could use air okay rising fang plus air tags for crazy shit. The rest is just gravy. They used a different hitbox to his launcher rather than correct crescent heel from bouncin folks (thus eliminating crumples once they stop being grounded) but hey they gave him a new low tool though for high lows and made his launcher an OTG so you didn't have to use crescent heel for everything. Since the launcher hits off the ground now it doesn't matter that heel bounces folks so much. It means he doesn't HAVE to use crumples for real combos anymore.

https://giant.gfycat.com/InconsequentialInformalEgret.webm

I approve of this. So glad its being done.

Dahbomb

They legit got people playing and testing modded Marvel 3 on YT (and soon on twitch). Showcasing all the character changes so far.

Ghost Rider still sucks though.

Meanwhile they got Marvel 3 on NLCB, Coach Steve vs Punisher Losers Finals with Yipes commentating.

Reminding folks that we are indeed in the year of our lord two thousand and seventeen.

RyanLV, Jay Schneider Viscant and Full Schedule are the three best white people in Marvel 3.

Yeah there's a distinct lack of white people in Marvel. There are about as many top brown people (Apologyman and Sumbrownkid) in Marvel as there are white people.

Viscant over Flux? Viscant over prime Drew Grimmy? Viscant over Moons?

Numb

I was just surprised to see it on Instagram.

When's he gonna start shilling waist trainers and diet tea?
Gootecks gonna start opening up stalls selling vegetables and healthy food at FGC events soon

" With only a small investment I'll teach you how you can increase your deadlifts by over 30% quickly"

Tripon

Gootecks gonna start opening up stalls selling vegetables and healthy food at FGC events soon

" With only a small investment I'll teach you how you can increase your deadlifts by over 30% quickly"

With those legs? Gootecks have definitely been skipping deadlift day.

tariniel

Couple friends really trying to get me into Xrd Rev on PC, but I think I just missed a sale like 2 weeks ago? Anyone have an idea when another sale might roll around?

Lots of companies do character votes for popularity, etc. You're looking too hard into this.
Almost every Capcom character that placed in the Capcom Unity poll made it into UMvC3.

And it's at an event they are suddenly holding for a dead game. MvCi wasn't a surprise to those who were paying attention.

Almost every Capcom character that placed in the Capcom Unity poll made it into UMvC3.

And it's at an event they are suddenly holding for a dead game. MvCi wasn't a surprise to those who were paying attention.

There's a difference between paying attention and scouring every semi-related piece of media for anything resembling a clue.

Dahbomb

That character poll might be interesting if they were making a TvC2 game but for a Marvel VS game or even a Capcom All Star game... it's far too Japan-centric to be too relevant. Way too many obscure characters on both side of the field.

How the hell are you not going to have Wecker on there?

That character poll might be interesting if they were making a TvC2 game but for a Marvel VS game or even a Capcom All Star game... it's far too Japan-centric to be too relevant. Way too many obscure characters on both side of the field.

How the hell are you not going to have Wecker on there?

This is purely a guess, but I don't think Japan cares about Wesker as much as the US does.

Dahbomb

This is purely a guess, but I don't think Japan cares about Wesker as much as the US does.
Yeah that's what I mean, that poll is not too relevant for something like Marvel Infinite because there is a super low chance that Wesker doesn't make the cut.

On the same note, they got Sengoku Basara characters on there and the director for those games said that they don't want historical characters in these games.

Top Bottom