• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Tizoc

And this is why I don't play Melty and instead stick to classy games like Street Fighter V.
Nothing wrong with playing the usual fg, but when u go anime fighter, mahvel is the pretender to the throne; melty is the true glory.

Village

I havent read sonic comics in months tho.
I barely read comics these days outside of transformers, which is to say i only read comics maybe once a month :v

Well of course you havent

Because Archie hasn't released any, and guess what new news about their upcoming releases have come out, and still no sonic

shaowebb

Nothing wrong with playing the usual fg, but when u go anime fighter, mahvel is the pretender to the throne; melty is the true glory.
I can see this. I drank that marvel koolaid starting out. Popped away in disgust of Balance and began playing... well...everything.

Not a lot of western art fighting games so a ton of anime. Was impressed with all the crazy moveset and cool systems out there. Was also amazed at how much stuff started as something in melty blood. That game tried a ton of shit. Ditto for arcana heart. AH is definitely it's own thing and melty blood felt the most defined design so I can see Melty holding the crown. It feels faster than any marvel title honestly. Pure insanity.

To be fair I've learned how fun bullshit vs bullshit can be and that it's okay to let powerful shit rock sometimes but Melty definitely deserved it's crown for true heir to the fighting game throne.

Zissou

Shaowebb- is your anime fighter appreciation thing a theoretical appreciation of how the games are designed or is it based on you playing the games against human opponents? (or both?)

Beckx

wondering how the PC port of Tekken 7 will be. have recent namco PC games had extensive config options?

also I need to get a new PS4, wonder if the load times would be better on a pro...probably not for online battles of course but just local.

Tizoc

I can see this. I drank that marvel koolaid starting out. Popped away in disgust of Balance and began playing... well...everything.

Not a lot of western art fighting games so a ton of anime. Was impressed with all the crazy moveset and cool systems out there. Was also amazed at how much stuff started as something in melty blood. That game tried a ton of shit. Ditto for arcana heart. AH is definitely it's own thing and melty blood felt the most defined design so I can see Melty holding the crown. It feels faster than any marvel title honestly. Pure insanity.

To be fair I've learned how fun bullshit vs bullshit can be and that it's okay to let powerful shit rock sometimes but Melty definitely deserved it's crown for true heir to the fighting game throne.

Speaking of 'broken ish'; I like SF3 NG despite it being a prototype.

Tizoc should just play Dengeki Ignition at this point like Xavier Woods, lol

Dengeki Bunko you mean? Nah I ain't into that ish, buuuuuuuuut it has Akira from VF so I might give it a chance down the line if the latest ver. goes up on Steam.

Speaking of which, when's that Arcana Heart 3 KS going up?

jbug617

Banned
SFV is getting more beta tests. Delay boyz

We are happy to announce the test has allowed us to make further adjustments to optimize the new CFN. We know you’re all very eager for the new CFN but we also want to ensure it meets all of our expectations before it officially launches. In order to help us get the new CFN to where it needs to be, we are looking into conducting an additional Beta Test soon. In case you missed what the new CFN entails, check out our previous blogpost here.

For the potential additional Beta Test, current and new players will be able to participate in the beta for FREE and all released characters will be unlocked for play for the duration of the test, including the next Season 2 DLC character. The identity of the new Street Fighter V character will be revealed soon.

Also, closely tied to the new CFN are the new Season 2 Balance Updates and the next Season 2 DLC Character. For the full list of balance changes, check out our previous blogpost here. These additional balance changes and the next Season 2 DLC character were originally planned to launch at the end of April. Since both of these were developed under the new CFN infrastructure, they have to release alongside the new CFN when it is ready.

More details and the exact timing of the next CFN Beta Test will be announced in the coming weeks. Thank you all once again for helping us make the new CFN the best it can be.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...beta-test-results-and-season-2-balance-update

Tizoc

Fei Long not getting the SF2 chicken wing animation in SF4 is kinda lame as I don't like the animation of the attack in SF4 that much
feilong-sfa3-specialkick.gif

Also ROLLING
feilong-roll.gif

Gato quickly climbing invisible steps will never not be funny
gato4.gif

Beckx

PS4 community should react well if the next character is part of the free PC beta and can't be played on PS4 until *future date*

Numb

wondering how the PC port of Tekken 7 will be. have recent namco PC games had extensive config options?

also I need to get a new PS4, wonder if the load times would be better on a pro...probably not for online battles of course but just local.

Harada likes bringing up how pro PC he is and we've already seen 4K
No crossplay tho. PS4 community too strong and where to play if you want online

Spuck-uk

Banned
Speaking of 'broken ish'; I like SF3 NG despite it being a prototype.

Dengeki Bunko you mean? Nah I ain't into that ish, buuuuuuuuut it has Akira from VF so I might give it a chance down the line if the latest ver. goes up on Steam.

Speaking of which, when's that Arcana Heart 3 KS going up?

t e t s u z a n k o

Beckx

Harada likes bringing up how pro PC he is and we've already seen 4K
No crossplay tho. PS4 community too strong and where to play if you want online

I'm more interested in whether it has extensive options to scale the graphics down without looking awful. Overwatch has really spoiled me on that front.

but yeah, PS4 is probably the way to go.

Numb

I want that Duomo Di Sirio stage on PC. Possibly the GOAT balcony break stage over Winter Palace.
They got your back if you want volcano stages
I'm more interested in whether it has extensive options to scale the graphics down without looking awful. Overwatch has really spoiled me on that front.

but yeah, PS4 is probably the way to go.

I grabbed a discount 16bit posted in here and got both
Still cost an arm and a leg here

Numb

It's not like they are't doing classic stages
And they said they'll support the game for a year unlike previous Tekken
Hope this includes dlc stages

Been waiting 20yrs to play on Tekken 3 Sky ring stage again

Seyavesh

Marvel is for white kids who try to act like they gangstas
this got me thinking and i realized i can't name 3 white people who have made top 8 across 6 evos

i can only name the obvious one and also the future evo champ and that's it

more japanese people have made it to top 8 than white people in marvel

Dahbomb

RyanLV, Jay Schneider Viscant and Full Schedule are the three best white people in Marvel 3.

Yeah there's a distinct lack of white people in Marvel. There are about as many top brown people (Apologyman and Sumbrownkid) in Marvel as there are white people.

Numb

RyanLV, Jay Schneider Viscant and Full Schedule are the three best white people in Marvel 3.

Yeah there's a distinct lack of white people in Marvel. There are about as many top brown people (Apologyman and Sumbrownkid) in Marvel as there are white people.

fightinggamefans.jpg

Seyavesh

i normally wouldn't include him either but the aspect of the only 2 white people ever in evo top 8 being the first and last champions is too tempting

Top Bottom