• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian577

Banned
This is (sadly) inevitable
season_2_blues_by_blade_zulah-d47f5yt.png

brian577 said:

Heh yep, I predict this happening as well. I brought it up after Lauren announced her departure. I'm sure we'll have "weak" or flawed episodes like Over a Barrel and Feeling Pinkie Keen that fans will immediately jump on blaming Lauren's departure and that it NEVER would've happened on her watch.

I'm only worried about a potential Season 3 (which will likely have no influence by Faust at all), but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

brian577 said:
Director Jayson Theissen did some Q/A over on Reddit. He confirmed this on his Twitter account. He seems to be finished now.
http://twitter.com/#!/goldenrusset/status/107656602638761984
http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepon...sen_supervising_director_of_mlpfim/?limit=500

So. It seems Doctor Whooves is the official Doctor Who pony name now, not Whoof. Okey Dokey lokey.

EDIT: Lots of juicy bits here. So Tabitha (Rarity) voiced Photo Finish? Wow, she's talented. And Night Mare Moon / Luna too. Just wow.

Orcastar

Thanks for a fun and... informative Synchtube again.

I finally watched the G1 pilot before the movie yesterday and while the pacing was all over the place since they crammed way too much stuff into 22 minutes, it was still miles better than the movie. Oh Celestia, the random songs, the random characters, the randomness! Spiders are ticklish, really!? All the other creatures and humans probably had more screentime combined than the ponies. Then again maybe that wasn't such a big loss since the ponies had barely any personality to them. I was also surprised how mean the ponies were to each other on occasion, even before the Smooze turned some of them all emo.

All in all, if I had seen the movie before seeing FiM, my expectations for the series would have been much lower. In this light I can kinda understand some of the hate from people who have never seen FiM but are perhaps somewhat familiar with the older stuff.

On a lighter note, more ponies on Sinfest!

Also, dragon ponies are way more awesome than human ponies.

I thought the pilot was great. The villain was amazing, and it moved so fast that it felt efficient and lean. The movie was the opposite. The subplot was weak, and I don't think it even resolved in any way. Lickety Split never seemed to learn anything (aside from the fact that you need wings to fly). The Smooze song was great, but a lot of the others were just mediocre/okay. General logic seemed to be at an all time low throughout. As Tiff pointed out: spiders are ticklish, but can't climb out of a canyon? Trading a castle, not for another castle, but for a dream estate (it's pink)? After watching this and what I heard about the stuff last week I don't have high hopes about this stuff. It was still fun to riff on though!

The comic thing, Im sure it will happen when we have a slow paced episode. Its sad, but thats how the internet works.

brian577 said:
Director Jayson Theissen did some Q/A over on Reddit. He confirmed this on his Twitter account. He seems to be finished now.
http://twitter.com/#!/goldenrusset/status/107656602638761984
http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepon...sen_supervising_director_of_mlpfim/?limit=500

I just laugh with this:
[–]chocolatesandwiches 17 puntos 7 horas atrás

Is Applejack really made of dark matter, as speculated here? (science teacher showing ponies famous video)

[–]JaysonTee 35 puntos 6 horas atrás

she is actually the remnants of a collapsed star from the delta quadrant

Awesome :lol

SpacePirate Ridley said:
The comic thing, Im sure it will happen when we have a slow paced episode. Its sad, but thats how the internet works.

I just laugh with this:

Awesome :lol

It... all makes sense now...
No wonder the Time Lords are so interested in Pony Ville!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So when are you monsters going back to the OT? I need to prep my human pony image archive to break in the new thread.

EatChildren said:
So when are you monsters going back to the OT? I need to prep my human pony image archive to break in the new thread.
Should be on the 10th. One week until the premiere.

You still have time to find even more human ponies!

OMG Aero

ThreeSix said:
I'd like to ask for pony pictures to help cheer me up please.
Here have some happy/cute Twilight:

I think I needed those pictures myself after reading chapter 29 of Fallout Equestria.
Man that was depressing.

Firehead

McNum said:
That gif would be much more effective if it lingered on the looking away frame for a good 5-10 seconds so it looks like a static image until they look at you. Funny image, though.
Like this?
GcxTj.gif

McNum

Something like that, yes. I just like surprise gifs. Images that don't look animated until something suddenly moves.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe I'm just the one who thinks like this but...

...I'd rather have not one Applejack-centric episodes if they're all done poorly.

Seriously.

Because somehow they all end up her being in the "wrong" side. Of all of those episodes, only one is deserving of her being on the wrong (Applebucks Season) and even then she wholeheartedly admits that she does need help in the end.

However, the others? Look Before You Sleep and Fall Weather Friends pretty much have her being on the right track (i.e. she's winning fairly and actually doing her job without complaints), but somehow the plot makes it like she somehow needs to be "humbled", especially involving two of the characters I don't like.

So honestly, if her new episodes involve her doing actually fine but somehow the plot made her go overboard, I'd rather have no Applejack eps.

G-Fex

AdawgDaFAB said:
For something a bit more personalized (Click for full size):

How could you do this?

I can't wait til CM Punk Pony shoots on you pony-gaf.

"AND LET ME TELL YOU A FUNNY STORY ABOUT PRINCESS CELESTIA.." *mic cuts off*

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
tiff said:
I'm pretty sure "my body is ready" is not a GAF-only meme at this point.

memes are rarely exclusive to any one internet community.

Please join us on our farewell dinner for Tinychat.
Note: Tinychat room isn't going anywhere, but more Ponygaffers are using IRC. This is just a one time thing, where we're reminiscing the good times on Tinychat.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
EatChildren said:
you guys are going back to the OT?omg this will be a glorious day. that reminds me, was the pony thread moved community to begin with?

Theonik

Amibguous Cad said:
It never was. I'm pretty sure /v/ is the board that popularized it, after the Nintendo press conference.
Know your meme page
I find the fact that it spikes around June to be quite amusing. lol
Complex Shadow said:
you guys are going back to the OT?omg this will be a glorious day. that reminds me, was the pony thread moved community to begin with?
The first thread was created in OT but was later moved to community due to the season being over and it being stuck on the first page, so it was moved here.

brian577

Banned
Choppasmith said:
Heh yep, I predict this happening as well. I brought it up after Lauren announced her departure. I'm sure we'll have "weak" or flawed episodes like Over a Barrel and Feeling Pinkie Keen that fans will immediately jump on blaming Lauren's departure and that it NEVER would've happened on her watch.

Why do people keep thinking this is what the comic is about? It's about Luna's characterization not Lauren!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
mazeedibeedi said:
Please join us on our farewell dinner for Tinychat.
Note: Tinychat room isn't going anywhere, but more Ponygaffers are using IRC. This is just a one time thing, where we're reminiscing the good times on Tinychat.

I logged in and was immediately greeted with Lady CosCos.

IRC is 100% superior confirmed.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
tiff said:
I'm pretty sure "my body is ready" is not a GAF-only meme at this point.

GAF loves to claim credit for pretty much every meme that 4chan comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom