• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Owlowiscious said:
a non spoiler put into spoiler tags, apparently
I see that done tons of times and no-one's got banned for it. I think it's because of the content. It's against GAF TOS to dish out personal insults. Especially ones that seem as unwarranted as that post.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
Like the Wonderbolt addition. I'd only suggest adding Belle in somewhere.

She was in the original banner (in the OP) but she was using the "We're gonna and tolerate the shit out of you." line and I felt it was played out. The way she was drawn it looks as though she's talking so will need to be redrawn or we need a different line for her.

brian577 said:
Why Soarin over Spitfire? She's had more screen time.

I can't find a decent render of her.

Pancakes said:
Thoughts?

remove soarin and zecora

replace with either the cmc or belle eve (both can't fit probably). Agreed that "the shit out of you" remark, or any swearing should not be included.

Along with whatever you write, like the title, sub title, and any quotes, put a small romaji translation of it in japanese.

proceed to make the OP about this animes new season and link the japanese fan dub as the resource material

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I'd like to see the CMC in there as well, and I am behind the no "Love and Tolerate The Shit Out Of You" line. It is a bit old.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Owlowiscious said:
remove soarin and zecora

replace with either the cmc or belle eve (both can't fit probably). Agreed that "the shit out of you" remark, or any swearing should not be included.

Along with whatever you write, like the title, sub title, and any quotes, put a small romaji translation of it in japanese.

proceed to make the OP about this animes new season and link the japanese fan dub as the resource material
Quiet, you!

:D

Orcastar

Owlowiscious said:
remove soarin and zecora

The CMC need to be in it. Those who frequent the PonyGAF IRC channel will know why.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The logo appears off-center. Reposition it and add the CMC and Belle, as others have said.

Also fix the Phoenix. Looks like he's just sitting on Celestia's mane.

Chuck

Still without luck
Pancakes said:
Thoughts?

Where's Belle? D:

I suggest her be put back in, Soarin taken out, and Belle's new drawing be a happy version of her. Also, maybe you can fit the CMC in there as well?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ahoyhoy said:
The logo appears off-center. Reposition it and add the CMC and Belle, as others have said.

Also fix the Phoenix. Looks like he's just sitting on Celestia's mane.

I can't move Rainbow dash, she's part of the original BG.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
ChuckNoLuck said:
Also Trixie. Take that bitch pony out of there.

Agreed. It might be better to put Belle in there instead of Trixie. It would seem fitting that she would be popping out somewhere closer to the GAF logo.

I think that all the characters featured prominently on the ground should have appeared more than once, so Zecora can technically stay, but Trixie, Spitfire, Phoenix, and probably Luna should go.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ahoyhoy said:
Agreed. It might be better to put Belle in there instead of Trixie. It would seem fitting that she would be popping out somewhere closer to the GAF logo.

I think that all the characters featured prominently on the ground should have appeared more than once, so Zecora can technically stay, but Trixie, Spitfire, Phoenix, and probably Luna should go.

I think Philomena is part of that Celestia picture and would be hard to edit out. Also we know Luna is returning this season, so I don't see any reason she should not be included.

Pancakes

ChuckNoLuck said:
Also Trixie. Take that bitch pony out of there.

No.

ahoyhoy said:

I can't remove Philomina she's part of the Celestia render.

brian577

Banned
ahoyhoy said:

I think you mean Soarin and he's technically been in two episodes (albeit he didn't speak in Sonic Rainboom).

Pancakes

The banner feels cluttered as it is. Do we really need Belle?

Of1F7l.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pancakes said:
The banner feels cluttered as it is. Do we really need Belle?

Of1F7.jpg

If Belle fits, use her, but I don't think it's needed. We do have the "PonyGAF" subheader"

One small tweak I would recommend to the above. Make the CMC a bit smaller so they're bit more to scale with everyone else.

Pancakes

Mkay CMC resized and SF added.

(click)

OMG Aero

As much as I like that banner, I really feel like we should have a completely new one for the season 2 thread instead of the one we have now with some characters shuffled around.
Does anyone have a high-res version of the show logo with the NeoGAF letter O? I'm having a go at making a banner from the comic con poster but I don't have a copy of that.

Pancakes

OMG Aero said:
As much as I like that banner, I really feel like we should have a completely new one for the season 2 thread instead of the one we have now with some characters shuffled around.
Does anyone have a high-res version of the show logo with the NeoGAF letter O? I'm having a go at making a banner from the comic con poster but I don't have a copy of that.

Agreed.

Here's the .PSD for the banner. Feel free to take what you need.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30658425&postcount=8979

Pancakes

Maybe something along the lines of this?

(click)

Orcastar said:
Sweetie Belle looks slightly smaller than Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

I'd rather have Belle instead of Spitfire, but the banner would be fine as it is now too.

I love the Wonderbolts, but it feels just too random to have her or Sorin in there like that. Belle fits better since it's our thread.

I had an idea of Belle looking at them from a window, but there isn't a good one to do that with in the banner.

Belle would fit in fine if a happier version of her is used and moved to the left, closer to Fluttershy. Right now it looks like she is pushing the CMC out of the pic.

Actually, zooming in would it be possible to have her in the background on the balcony? The one above her in this current pic. It would be her admiring them, which fits her character more than being part of the focused cast in the forefront of the pic.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Belle would fit in fine if a happier version of her is used and moved to the left, closer to Fluttershy. Right now it looks like she is pushing the CMC out of the pic.

Actually, zooming in would it be possible to have her in the background on the balcony? The one above her in this current pic. It would be her admiring them, which fits her character more than being part of the focused cast in the forefront of the pic.
if you wanted to do something like that you can even switch places with trixie and belle (again when a better belle pic is found/made)

Ellis Kim said:
I vote for carek to make a new drawing of belle to fit the drawing
That would be great, but he is super busy right now so IDK if he has the time for that.

Anyways, this was just linked in the chat and I felt it should be posted here.
54025%20-%20artist%3Asolar-slash%20cheerilee%20comic%20like_a_bawss%20like_a_boss%20parody%20prince_blueblood%20rarity%20spike%20the_lonely_island%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom